Who's on first ? Chara ; Boychuck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Who's on first ? Chara ; Boychuck

Priceless! Yeah, you've been spot on in all your analysis through the years. You've had him labeled a "pylon" and "Lurch" for 5 seasons now. You said he couldn't lead them to the Cup, he did. You label him a stiff and he wins the Norris, Z is the hardest DMan to play against in the entire league according to NHL players polls, is now logging upwards of 30 minutes a game, and you've never seen a positive...what is the exact opposite of rose colored glasses?

Hockey savvy you ain't, Mitch...but by all means continue to show up in the playoffs and pat yourself on the back.

[/QUOTE]

BAWHAAA!..Beautiful stuff Sea! I have him on ignore, because of his foolish rants, but he's got a lot of grapes to come on here expecting us to forget all he's said in the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Sherif not wearing rose coloured glasses or drinking the kool aid. Just a hockey savvy fan that knows hockey.

If you were as savvy a hockey fan as you claim to be you'd know Chara is everything you say he's not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Sherif not wearing rose coloured glasses or drinking the kool aid. Just a hockey savvy fan that knows hockey.

If you were as savvy a hockey fan as you claim to be you'd know Chara is everything you say he's not.

Here is some reading material that backs up what I have been saying for a long. Everyone is starting to notice B's better move him soon.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1637909-why-zdeno-chara-is-suddenly-vulnerable-on-the-boston-bruins-blue-line?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=boston-bruins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Bleacher Report is awful and only a fool would attempt to offer it up as evidence to support an argument. Bravo. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The Bleacher Report is awful and only a fool would attempt to offer it up as evidence to support an argument. Bravo. 

Dez, if the B's don't win the Cup, he'll be right here saying, "see? I told you he was a pylon" (which is what he's been saying since Jesus was in high school).

and you nailed it...bleacher report as a source? really?? Haters gonna hate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

That one word sums up our good friend mitch perfectly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Here is some reading material that backs up what I have been saying for a long. Everyone is starting to notice B's better move him soon.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1637909-why-zdeno-chara-is-suddenly-vulnerable-on-the-boston-bruins-blue-line?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=boston-bruins

adding on to the NAS 100+ rule, anyone who cites bleacher report shall instantly, and unceremoniously be ignored. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

So you idiots on this forum are the authority on Hockey. Media and reporters know nothing. Keep drinking the kool aid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

So you idiots on this forum are the authority on Hockey. Media and reporters know nothing. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Yes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He sure looked vulnerable the other night when he played 38 + minutes.  Drop the name-calling.  You're an adult, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Here's something on Chara from a source better than what you provided - another NHL player.

Here's some words from NYR Derick Brassard on Chara in the Sunday, May 19, 2013 edition of The Toronto Sun.  He was asked if he had to change his game when facing him:

"Honestly?  Yeah.  His stick and his reach and his presence are so big.  Sometimes you just need to stay away from him, especially when the puck is around the boards.  If you stay close to him, he's going to get a hold of you and you're ot going anywhere.  You need to use your feet and you need to put the puck in areas and skate into it and make sure you're far away from him." 

He sure sounds "vulnerable" all right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mitchco98.  That may mean born in 1998.  That would make sense.

Honestly, Mitch, bleacherreport is to reporting what Eklund is to rumors.  Furthermore, the guy who wrote the article is a football guy.  "I have covered pro and college sports since 1981, and my work has been published by MSNBC.com, NFL.com and ESPN Magazine. I was a senior editor at Pro Football Weekly for 10 years. I have won three awards from the Pro Football Writers of America. I have written eight sports-related books, including Who's Better, Who's Best in Football."

He cites things such as "Chara finished at plus-14 during the regular season. That may seem respectable, but he was plus-33 in each of the last two regular seasons" but fails to mention that that Chara plays a lot with the top line.  The top line was primarily a bust for the regular season.  (This, of course, falls back on how stupid +/- is to judge a player.)

I could continue to show all of the reasons why the article is worthless, but I would end up quoting every sentence in it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Yes.

+1!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Absolutely right on Bleacher being one of the worst evaluation sites around. They write to be noticed without any knowledge or accuracy. Brassard is right on in avoiding Chara. At the same time, IMO, Chara is slower, particularly when the puck is bounced by him on the point. The size and strength that helps him in the defensive zone needs too much time to " get it in gear" as some of these speedy wings blow by him. He also has trouble with pucks in his feet in a  defensive scramble; that doesn't negate his strong points as one of the best in the league. Meanwhile, Boychuck is the guy you want for defense in a "rock "em" type of game. He is tough and fearless. On the downside he does have brain cramps that are not as helpful as his overall play, and that do not interfere with his shots from the point if he gets the shot on net.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Priceless! Yeah, you've been spot on in all your analysis through the years. You've had him labeled a "pylon" and "Lurch" for 5 seasons now. You said he couldn't lead them to the Cup, he did. You label him a stiff and he wins the Norris, Z is the hardest DMan to play against in the entire league according to NHL players polls, is now logging upwards of 30 minutes a game, and you've never seen a positive...what is the exact opposite of rose colored glasses?

Hockey savvy you ain't, Mitch...but by all means continue to show up in the playoffs and pat yourself on the back.

BAWHAAA!..Beautiful stuff Sea! I have him on ignore, because of his foolish rants, but he's got a lot of grapes to come on here expecting us to forget all he's said in the past.

[/QUOTE]

The main reason we won the cup was Conn Smythe winner TT not Lurch, if you think the cluts was the main reason I suggest you get your head read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

He sure looked vulnerable the other night when he played 38 + minutes.  Drop the name-calling.  You're an adult, right?

He sure looked vulnerable in the first round right.... deer in the headlights pretty much sums up his play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Honestly, Mitch, bleacherreport is to reporting what Eklund is to rumors.  Furthermore, the guy who wrote the article is a football guy.  "I have covered pro and college sports since 1981, and my work has been published by MSNBC.com, NFL.com and ESPN Magazine. I was a senior editor at Pro Football Weekly for 10 years. I have won three awards from the Pro Football Writers of America. I have written eight sports-related books, including Who's Better, Who's Best in Football."

He cites things such as "Chara finished at plus-14 during the regular season. That may seem respectable, but he was plus-33 in each of the last two regular seasons" but fails to mention that that Chara plays a lot with the top line.  The top line was primarily a bust for the regular season.  (This, of course, falls back on how stupid +/- is to judge a player.)

I could continue to show all of the reasons why the article is worthless, but I would end up quoting every sentence in it.

First round backs up everything in the article, too slow when playing teams with speed (see article), breakout passes non exisistent, no value add on the PP, physical play has dropped off if everything his on his butt more and more. Leafs showed him up his true colours really came thru, overpaid clutsy Dman who's best years are behind him . If Coffey, Leetch, Niedermeyer and Rafalski to name a few were moved, surely this giraffe should be moved for the better of the team. Nothing but downside with Lurch moving forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

First round backs up everything in the article, too slow when playing teams with speed (see article), breakout passes non exisistent, no value add on the PP, physical play has dropped off if everything his on his butt more and more. Leafs showed him up his true colours really came thru, overpaid clutsy Dman who's best years are behind him . If Coffey, Leetch, Niedermeyer and Rafalski to name a few were moved, surely this giraffe should be moved for the better of the team. Nothing but downside with Lurch moving forward.

They did all that, and yet:

The following +/- numbers include PP/PK numbers:

• Game 1:   0
    • Game 2: +2
    • Game 3:   0
    • Game 4: +2
    • Game 5: +1
    • Game 6:  -1
    • Game 7: +2

A minus player just once, and a total net contribution of +6.  Still looks like a net contribution to me!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and in last year's NHLPA players poll, when asked who was the toughest defenseman to play against, 61% said Zdeno Chara...thats almost 2/3 of the entire league! The only other player to garner more than 50% of the votes in any other category was....wait for it...Zdeno Chara! (hardest shot). But what do the players know as opposed to such a savvy hockey mind such as yours?

The very simple fact is, 33 is the cornerstone of this franchise and is the reason they have been a perrenial contender for the past 6 seasons. To deny that is to prove you know absolutely nothing about the game of hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

A minus player just once, and a total net contribution of +6.  Still looks like a net contribution to me!

Nice DrCC.

Clearly "Lurch" was exposed in round 1. This guy just has a bone to pick with Chara. Not sure why. Don't care why as he just demonstrates what little he knows of the sport every time he touches his keyboard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Not to mention the season was half as long!!  +14 is the equivalent of +28!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Lurch always looks slow, pylon on the Nash goal. Be careful can't say anything bad on this forum about the cluts. Good goaltending has this team up 2 games not their defensive play.

No question Rask has been solid but the defense hasn't allowed the Rangers to get their forecheck going like they want to.

I couldn't agree more with this post. Yes Rask is good, but to say it's all Rask and not also the defense, is missing something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nice DrCC.

Clearly "Lurch" was exposed in round 1. This guy just has a bone to pick with Chara. Not sure why. Don't care why as he just demonstrates what little he knows of the sport every time he touches his keyboard.

Nice stickhandling clinic under a minute to go. what a cluts. You keep listening to these clowns and don't forget the Kool Aid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nice DrCC.

Nice stickhandling clinic under a minute to go. what a cluts. You keep listening to these clowns and don't forget the Kool Aid.

HAHA FoolBoy, you must be all busted up over another B's vistory tonight.  Every post you write makes you look like a bigger fool than the previous one.  Give it up dummy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Klaas's comment:

I couldn't agree more with this post. Yes Rask is good, but to say it's all Rask and not also the defense, is missing something.

Klaas, especially with the defense contributing as offensively as they have.