Who's playing this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Who's playing this season?

Touched on this in another thread, but just wondering who here is lacing them up for the coming season? I had to take off last season because of work, but now that I'm back, I'm back to my old team. Practice starts today, and the first game is in two weeks.

Who else is playing? When's the season start for you, and what type of league do you play in?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Who's playing this season?

I play year round.

I no longer play in leagues, I find there is no better way to develop a real and pure hatred for someone than playing in a league.

The last punch I threw in anger in my adult life came in a league game.

The pickup I play is pretty competitive, former college/junior players, one guy's brother played for the 93 Habs.

My competitive hockey days in h.s. and college were like a job and not much about fun.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, I thought about doing pickup this year but the only ones I could find were mixed games. Don't find them very competitive. My league's pretty good - ten squads this year, so ex-national squad players in there. Though it's contact, we still take it pretty lightly, but still competitive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Who's playing this season?:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I thought about doing pickup this year but the only ones I could find were mixed games. Don't find them very competitive. My league's pretty good - ten squads this year, so ex-national squad players in there. Though it's contact, we still take it pretty lightly, but still competitive.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

"mixed" as in male/female?

Sheesh.

Last time I went to a new pick up game, I didn't know there were going to be women in the locker room.  I had on sweat pants and nothing underneath and just thought o well so I changed as fast as I could and then noticed no one else took all their clothes off, they came with their understuff already on.

It was an hour from home and I wanted to shower after... so I got off the ice early as I had no idea what the shower protocol was supposed to be.

I didn't go back, I'm afraid I might have been classified as the weird exhibitionist guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's playing this season? : "mixed" as in male/female? Sheesh. Last time I went to a new pick up game, I didn't know there were going to be women in the locker room.  I had on sweat pants and nothing underneath and just thought o well so I changed as fast as I could and then noticed no one else took all their clothes off, they came with their understuff already on. It was an hour from home and I wanted to shower after... so I got off the ice early as I had no idea what the shower protocol was supposed to be. I didn't go back, I'm afraid I might have been classified as the weird exhibitionist guy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Weird yes.

But aren't you tooting your own horn, so to speak, that you had something to exhibit. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's playing this season? : Weird yes. But aren't you tooting your own horn, so to speak, that you had something to exhibit. LOL
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I'm not proud of my short comings.  It just made it all worse.  And it was cold, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hahaha.  I play pickup 2-3 times a week and the occasional tournament.  I hope to play in a league again in the future, but can't at the moment.  I love the game, not sure what I look forward to more this time of year, playing or watching the pros.  Both are passions.  Should be on skates for the first time tomorrow. Ugh, the back always hurts the day after the first skate, and has since I was 4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

55 years old and still playing what's called a "senior league," but unfortunately many of the players are college age, requiring old codgers like me to slash them to slow them down.

There was a female on the opposing team tonight- stereotypically one of our players got a penalty for apparently being in the same ZIP code as her.  I understand this is something that happens a lot, but you don't often know an opposing player happenes to be female is you dont look.

Still waiting for that last knee injury for my games to end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]55 years old and still playing what's called a "senior league," but unfortunately many of the players are college age, requiring old codgers like me to slash them to slow them down. There was a female on the opposing team tonight- stereotypically one of our players got a penalty for apparently being in the same ZIP code as her.  I understand this is something that happens a lot, but you don't often know an opposing player happenes to be female is you dont look. Still waiting for that last knee injury for my games to end.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

This is part of why I like playing in a women's league. I can play full contact and even drop the gloves, and there's none of this gender bias crap. I do think it's best to keep men and women in different games, if only to avoid the kind of thing SoxFan was describing.

Sections
Shortcuts