Who's the better match up? Hawks or Kings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

Who's the better match up? Hawks or Kings?

I think we have a better chance against the Kings, however I think we can beat either team right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: Who's the better match up? Hawks or Kings?

I've waited my entire life for a Bruina/Hawks final. And if the Bruins won I could die a happy man the following day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

original six final. go hawks. we're waiting!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tarpouch's comment:

original six final. go hawks. we're waiting!

Totally agree that an orignal six matchup would be/will be great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Either team would be a challenge.  LA mostly because of Quick, and Chicago has solid D as well as scoring punch.  No comparison when it comes to the cities though - Chicago is a great hockey town while LA has a bunch of beautiful people at the games.  From a game time perspective (9PM), a West Coast trip would suck as well.  I can't see how anyone can make a case for LA.  Let's go Hawks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't care about the Original 6 stuff. 

I'd prefer to see the B's play Chicago.  I think their fast paces style will be easier to deal with than the hammering LA puts on teams. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'd prefer to see the B's play Chicago.  I think their fast paces style will be easier to deal with than the hammering LA puts on teams. 

I agree NAS. I want someone to put a beating on that punk Kane too.  It's deserved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Haven't watched either team very much except for their current playoffs. Both skate and hit with quality scorers. However, last night when the "run and Gun" commenced, the Bruins gave as well as the Pens, if not better. Krug became a warrior, and Daugavins filled in well with Seguin { Selke] and Peverly. The only missing part was the defense follow-up to the points whan Chara and Seids were still back in the defensive zone, which they had to in order to watch the Pens " hangers" hoping for a "hail mary" pass. Great game to watch with Bylsma hoping one on one would work with speed, but the Bruins forwards plus Krug were equal to the task.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Quick can steal games, Crawford cannot. It's not going to matter the Kings are not coming back because they are having trouble scoring goals and the Hawks aren't going to lose 3 in a row.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I haven't seen very much of Crawford but I am sure Rask is better and Pens have more stars.

Bruins are big favorites

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

hoping for Chicago. Quick is just too scary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Totally agree. Toews and Bergeron. Two of the best going against each other would be fun to watch. Could watch Patrick Kane stick handle all day, so fluid with the puck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

NBC and I would love an O-6 final.  But the B's would host 4 vs the Kings which is a plus, and I think the odds are better vs LA.

The B's are a similar type team as Det, so they might have a decent shot vs the Hawks.  The Hawks will pull a disappearing act like the Penguins.

Both teams would be tough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I would rather see a Bruins Hawks final due to less travel, therefore fatigue becoming less of a factor. The Bruins can beat any team well rested. Fatigue would even the playing field more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to croc's comment:

NBC and I would love an O-6 final.  But the B's would host 4 vs the Kings which is a plus, and I think the odds are better vs LA.

The B's are a similar type team as Det, so they might have a decent shot vs the Hawks.  The Hawks will pull a disappearing act like the Penguins.

Both teams would be tough.

I don't think the B's are similar to Detroit.  Detroit is older, softer and more reliant upon stars for success.  The majority of their roster is a "Who's Who of Who's He?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd rather it be Chicago, less physical and more freewheeling, which the B's just proved they can shut down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Forgive him Clarence Cambell.

He knows not what he speaks of. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

What I'm referring to is the grind it out, physical game Detroit had been able to muster in the playoffs.  I think the B's will be all over Toews (and Kane) should they meet just like Detroit was.

NBC will be ALL OVER the O-6 angle should it happen, count on it. The first one since 1979.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If Boston continues playing at the level they have, it won't matter...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i don't see the Kings coming back so bring on the Hawks....

B'S big forwards should be able to dominate Hawks defense which doesn't play a physical game....

as for Crawford, the jury's still out on whether he's a legit #1....

and we all just saw what Z and the rest of the D were able to do to the Pens vaunted offense....

not to mention Tuukka....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

The way we're playing bring on the Red Army of the 70s, Habs of late 70's, Islanders in 80, hell we might give the Oilers in their prime a run too.
    Bring on the Hawks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Quick can steal games, Crawford cannot. It's not going to matter the Kings are not coming back because they are having trouble scoring goals and the Hawks aren't going to lose 3 in a row.

Quick has been brutal against chicago.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Quick has been brutal against chicago.  [/QUOTE]

Yep I am in shock with some of his play this series but Quick is why they haven't been blown out in other games.

Still better than Loungo, Ward, Crawford, Price, Smith or Elliot!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]Quick can steal games, Crawford cannot. It's not going to matter the Kings are not coming back because they are having trouble scoring goals and the Hawks aren't going to lose 3 in a row.

Quick has been brutal against chicago.  [/QUOTE]

Yep I am in shock with some of his play this series but Quick is why they haven't been blown out in other games.

Still better than Loungo, Ward, Crawford, Price, Smith or Elliot!

[/QUOTE]

Thats why i continue to say goalies are always a toss up.  From year to year you have hot goalies who drop off, then come back.  Halak is a prime example.  

quick in my eyes is hands down the best in the world.  You see him more then most and likely agree with that.  kings play is pretty depressing.  They are better then this.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

The way we're playing bring on the Red Army of the 70s, Habs of late 70's, Islanders in 80, hell we might give the Oilers in their prime a run too.
    Bring on the Hawks!

That's a bit aggressive.