Who's this clown reporter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Who's this clown reporter?

I can't believe a hometown reporter would try to create a distraction with such a dumb question. I don't know who it was but I sincerely hope he gets banned from the locker room.

What a moron!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Who's this clown reporter?

I don't know Ron. While it's clearly Busch league and not something a more experienced reporter would ask, Thomas has to know the question was going to come from someone. I suppose it's legitimate to flat-out say that Caps fans will be on him for it, so what's his strategy for blocking out the distraction. A simply re-phrase would have been ok with me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter?:
    [QUOTE]I don't know Ron. While it's clearly Busch league and not something a more experienced reporter would ask, Thomas has to know the question was going to come from someone. I suppose it's legitimate to flat-out say that Caps fans will be on him for it, so what's his strategy for blocking out the distraction. A simply re-phrase would have been ok with me.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. However, I would have expected it from a Washington reporter. Not a hometown one. That's my problem with this. Totally unprofessional.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

That would be Donut-bag Haggs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

how do you know it was a home town reporter ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]how do you know it was a home town reporter ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Haggerty admitted it was him on twitter. What an imbecile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Dumb, but did anyone not see this coming?  I mean, I kind of expected this foolishness as soon as I saw they were playing Washington.  I like the way Thomas is handling it, now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Haggs has was on CSNNE tonight practically bragging about it.  He has an agenda against Thomas though he will say he doesn't.  He gave him a D on his own version of a season ending report card saying Thomas was a huge distraction. 

While he did stir up a bit of a pot I don't think any of it caused this team to tumble down as it did.  Why? Because Tuukka was playing with the same amount of non-success before he went down with the groin strain.  Also their little swoon started prior to that whole white house thing. 

But Haggs insists that its all on Thomas.  Nothing about the injuries, suspensions, Chara leading the league in turnovers at some point, our defense not being able to cover or exit their own zone or our forwards taking 20 - 40 minute breaks during games.  Nope all Thomas.  Well him and Corvo, he got an F-

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Dumb, but did anyone not see this coming?  I mean, I kind of expected this foolishness as soon as I saw they were playing Washington.  I like the way Thomas is handling it, now.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

As do I.  Some are saying he should have just said "no".  But that would open the "ha! you said you wouldn't talk about it" can of worms.  So Thomas did as he said he would and left.  He's not a fan of interviews anyway and probably enjoyed being able to walk out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : Haggerty admitted it was him on twitter. What an imbecile. https://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHaggs/status/189458203396943873
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  He should leave those questions for a non-hockey reporter covering this series.
    Now he can go on with Felger and chat this up all of tomorrow.
    Since the episode, Haggerty , KPD and Fluto have not stopped harping on the topic and if it wasn't that it was that Thomas was too tired. I've stopped following them on Twitter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Win the Cup and shut them all up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : Haggerty admitted it was him on twitter. What an imbecile. https://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHaggs/status/189458203396943873
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

I just tweeted that I'm not following Haggs anymore and he replied that I'll be missed (of course sarcasm) LMAO.
    Weird because I didn't send hm a message

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Haggs is extremely annoying. He thinks he knows everything. If you watch the interview it's obvious Thomas can't stand the fat little guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Bad move by Haggs, it may derail his career.  Asking questions just to annoy the person you're interviewing can be effective if you do it in a roundabout way.  His only goal was to annoy TT.  It was dumb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : I just tweeted that I'm not following Haggs anymore and he replied that I'll be missed (of course sarcasm) LMAO. Weird because I didn't send hm a message

He's a typical hack who tries to be the news rather than cover it.  I'm sure he's monitoring twitter and getting a chubby that his antics got him mentioned in a dozen tweets tonight.  Pretty sad that this town doesn't have a half decent hockey reporter. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Surprised/dissapointed it wasn't KPD.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : I just tweeted that I'm not following Haggs anymore and he replied that I'll be missed (of course sarcasm) LMAO. Weird because I didn't send hm a message

LOL! Just saw that Bs! Screw him. And I'm doing the same thing right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : He's a typical hack who tries to be the news rather than cover it.  I'm sure he's monitoring twitter and getting a chubby that his antics got him mentioned in a dozen tweets tonight.  Pretty sad that this town doesn't have a half decent hockey reporter. 
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

My favorite is Kirk Luedeke. Bish is okay also. All the others tweet/report the same thing , sometimes it looks like they've copied each other word for word.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Unprofessional from Haggs, but I don't think TT came off too well either.  He should have just said, "I'll answer any questions about hockey", and kept responding to legitimate questions, of which I'm sure there were more coming from the other reporters. 

As it was, they both could have handled it better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco56. Show rusco56's posts

the question is...who is the idiot of the day? The answer:

Joe Haggerty

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Unprofessional from Haggs, but I don't think TT came off too well either.  He should have just said, "I'll answer any questions about hockey", and kept responding to legitimate questions, of which I'm sure there were more coming from the other reporters.  As it was, they both could have handled it better.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

While I want to agree with you I don't think it was even an option for him to really address it.  He said months ago that he would cut any session short if it was brought up. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

haggs, fluto and kpd all got a D- on my season ending report card. The anti timmy agenda is absurd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

This doesn't surprise me one bit.  You had to know that SOMEONE was going to ask TT about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i liked tim's response. He probably expected the question , and, as stated days ago, said he would just stop any interview. So, he did it. Why are you so suprised at the local guys/gals who are paid to create publishable babble. Decent reporting is very limited in Boston, while in-game broadcasts are among the best with Jack and Brick. Remy & co. are also good. Bring back Kathryn

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Unprofessional from Haggs, but I don't think TT came off too well either.  He should have just said, "I'll answer any questions about hockey", and kept responding to legitimate questions, of which I'm sure there were more coming from the other reporters.  As it was, they both could have handled it better.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I thought TT did exactly what he should have.  It doesn't look good for players to come off chippy, or flippant, and he didn't.  He was actually quite warm about it, and walked away smiling.  Exactly how he should have.
    Moving forward, the reporters now know, they'll lose the interview if they bring this crap up.  Obviously TT will be a big part of the Bruins playoff, and these hacks know they need access to TT for good bytes and stories.   There are dozens of reporters huddled around these guys, and one of their own chasing off the golden goose, won't garner much respect from their peers.