Who's this clown reporter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Re: Who's this clown reporter?

In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter?:
    In Response to Re:  I just tweeted that I'm not following Haggs anymore and he replied that I'll be missed (of course sarcasm) LMAO.
    Posted by BsLegion

This is exactly what this self righteous DB wants you to do. The guy does it all for publicity and I wrote him off a long time ago. But the best way to get him to shut his pie hole (if even possible) is to comment on his own site rather than use social media. The more tweets he gets the more exposure, which is what he wants.

I have really never seen a "reporter" more full of himself, exptet of course KPD.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well that was......ill-timed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't know, TT posted on Facebook, stood up the team and the White House at the same time for what amounts to a celebratory, non-political ceremony, and then after pretending nothing happened, posted again on Facebook another very political message. And you are upset someone asked him a question about it? Really? TT is a great goalie, but he believes you can have it both ways and just like any public figure, you can't have it both ways. In this case, however, TT brought it all on himself. Just because he wants to move on, and most B's fans want to forget it happened, it happened and it was all about TT and his personal agenda. Nothing more, nothing less. He created the distraction, not the media. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't care about it that much, but I certainly feel even the most obnoxious reporter can ask the questions about TT's politics. He brought it on himself. He ought to be a man and deal with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And oh yeah, Go B's!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and my own kid wears a TT jersey, so I separate politics from sports. TT meshed them. Great goalie, his political timing not so great. Do it in the offseason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This doesn't surprise me one bit.  You had to know that SOMEONE was going to ask TT about it.
    Posted by jalvis

Yes maybe Barbara Walters, not a hockey reporter or one of those fairweather Washington reporters that now have to follow the Caps in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Who's this clown reporter?:
    I can't believe a hometown reporter would try to create a distraction with such a dumb question. I don't know who it was but I sincerely hope he gets banned from the locker room. What a moron! http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/
    Posted by Ronstar8

hey ronzo hows Nicaragua kid? haha? u know im just messing with u. u going to get the game live down there?

i actually hate that it was hags that asked that question cause i enjoy his stuff but u know how these things go. u got 50 reports in there now covering the playoffs compared to 10 to 15 during the season. there all looking for that edge. i hope its not apart of an agenda like some of the other writers have but i dont know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I certainly expected it once they landed in D.C for games 3 & 4, and I was positive it would be from someone who has never seen a hockey locker room. It'll happen still. if I were Thomas I'd answer it like this:

"Who are you? Thats an old story, not as old as the Capitals team doctor getting caught buying performance enhancing drugs, but old. Whatever came of that by the way?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Unprofessional from Haggs, but I don't think TT came off too well either.  He should have just said, "I'll answer any questions about hockey", and kept responding to legitimate questions, of which I'm sure there were more coming from the other reporters.  As it was, they both could have handled it better.
    Posted by 49-North

You're one to be talking about professionalism! Look who you cheer for! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Again it's us fans who talk about it who gives the reporters exactly what they want! They're like trolls. The more you pay attention the more they'll come back with. If nobody made a deal about it then they wouldn't have anything to report about. Timmy is sticking to his guns & I thought he handled it perfectly! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't know, TT posted on Facebook, stood up the team and the White House at the same time for what amounts to a celebratory, non-political ceremony, and then after pretending nothing happened, posted again on Facebook another very political message. And you are upset someone asked him a question about it? Really? TT is a great goalie, but he believes you can have it both ways and just like any public figure, you can't have it both ways. In this case, however, TT brought it all on himself. Just because he wants to move on, and most B's fans want to forget it happened, it happened and it was all about TT and his personal agenda. Nothing more, nothing less. He created the distraction, not the media. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't care about it that much, but I certainly feel even the most obnoxious reporter can ask the questions about TT's politics. He brought it on himself. He ought to be a man and deal with it.
    Posted by dannycater

He's been posting his views on fb for years! It only became a big deal because of the white house thing. I least he ain't hypocritical like most on here are! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Who's this clown reporter? : hey ronzo hows Nicaragua kid? haha? u know im just messing with u. u going to get the game live down there? i actually hate that it was hags that asked that question cause i enjoy his stuff but u know how these things go. u got 50 reports in there now covering the playoffs compared to 10 to 15 during the season. there all looking for that edge. i hope its not apart of an agenda like some of the other writers have but i dont know.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

LOL! Nicaragua great.... from what I hear! Yup. I will not miss a minute of any game whatsoever. I tell you, NHL Gamecenter, best money I ever spent...... Well there was that chick in Colombia that's a close second! Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : He's been posting his views on fb for years! It only became a big deal because of the white house thing. I least he ain't hypocritical like most on here are! 
    Posted by nitemare-38

Oh, so, let me get this straight. He skips the White House (that was normal right? Oh, everyone else on the team showed up? Oh, ok) Then he posts on FB why he wasn't at the White House. How come he couldn't have come to the ceremony, then when it came time to do the pictures/announcements, he calmly sat with the press or audience there. Then afterward, he could announce to the press, this is what I believe to be wrong about the U.S. Govt, etc, and then he comes off simply as a guy who used his citizen's rights to say what's on him mind. Not only would I have respected it, I think the media as a whole would have been impressed by that type of "courage." Instead, he's now pretending none of his actions during the whole CeremonyGate happened. It's stupidity on TT's part.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

tt > hags.  guess only one of them will be allowed in the b's locker room now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : Steve, you talk about hacks garnering respect from their peers, how about what the B's team think of the Grand Wizards many bizarre facebook diatribes or how about what the B's team thinks when the Rodent clips an opposing player.  It doesn't just effect to the person that did the deed.   Dysfunctional conduct needs to be addressed, not hidden. Cut and Run like TT did, doesn't garner any respect.
    Posted by null

Just like when Bobby 5-hole started talking about Timmy and tire pumping last year right?
    Or when Burrows bites? Or when Hansen spears someone in the groin? Your going to tell us about dysfunctional conduct?

You cant beat me, your not intelligent enough, you post the same stuff over and over

I OWN YOU NULL !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Canucks brought the hate on themselves too. Made winning the Cup against them that much sweeter. Coach showed zero respect toward TT's playing ability and the press proclaimed them Cup Champion worthy before they earned it. That's why one team has a Cup, and the other is the Most Hated Team in North America.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : Oh, so, let me get this straight. He skips the White House (that was normal right? Oh, everyone else on the team showed up? Oh, ok) Then he posts on FB why he wasn't at the White House. How come he couldn't have come to the ceremony, then when it came time to do the pictures/announcements, he calmly sat with the press or audience there. Then afterward, he could announce to the press, this is what I believe to be wrong about the U.S. Govt, etc, and then he comes off simply as a guy who used his citizen's rights to say what's on him mind. Not only would I have respected it, I think the media as a whole would have been impressed by that type of "courage." Instead, he's now pretending none of his actions during the whole CeremonyGate happened. It's stupidity on TT's part.
    Posted by dannycater

Danny. He was not the first sports athlete to do this and he most certainly won't be the last. The point here is that he's a BOSTON BRUINS player being interviewed in BOSTON, by the BOSTON media several months after the actual fact.
    There was no other point to that question other than to try to get under TT's skin.

Did the media in Boston pester Chara for months after the whole 911/Maxi Pads incident? NO! Do you think Bertuzzi still gets asked about the Moore-punch-from-behind incident? NO!

He said what he said months ago so is he supposed to answer questions regarding the WH issue for the rest of his career? Rest of his life? The story is old news. EVERYONE should just get over it. It's the best time of the year for TRUE hockey and Bruins fans alike. Faggerty obviously doesn't get that. And from the looks of it, neither do you.

Go Bruins! The rest, means nothing!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yeah, I have to forget that Cook ended Savard's career. You know because it happened so long ago. I'm sure Savard would like that line of thinking. Guy gets to keep playing in the NHL, the other guy gets to sit in a dark room with headaches. I'm going to choose to not take that line of thinking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Tim Thomas is open game on this one IMO. He handled it well by refusing to discuss it further but he called attention to himself and his political viewpoints in the first place. Whether he likes questions that stich together where the series is being played and his stance on team's visit to the WH or not, the questions would not be there if he had not leveraged his position as sports figure to make a political statement in the first place.

No way to win this thing except to do what Thomas did and that is to not discuss it anymore. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Listen, if Bush was still the president, the whole liberal media establishment in Boston would be supportive of TT and the no-show at the white house. It's simply due to the fact that everyone loves Barry.

I mean the Boston Globe endorsed Ron Paul when Mitt Romney was the governor for christ sake.

Politicians are corrupt, athletes aren't rocket scientists. Why do I care what athletes have to say about politicians again?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Yeah, I have to forget that Cook ended Savard's career. You know because it happened so long ago. I'm sure Savard would like that line of thinking. Guy gets to keep playing in the NHL, the other guy gets to sit in a dark room with headaches. I'm going to choose to not take that line of thinking.
    Posted by dannycater

You're missing the point. If you prefer to use that case then, do you think Cooke gets asked about Savard continuously in PITTSBURGH??? In his hometown? By the Pittsburgh media??

My point is that I would expect this from the Washington media, not the Boston media. That's all! 

What you or anyone else thinks of TT's political views is fine. It's called an opinion. You're entitled to one and so is TT. It's just plain dumb that a local "so-called" reporter pesters him in his home locker room with something that happened months ago.

If TT stops pucks, I'll be happy. The day he doesn't, I won't be as happy. And if he brings another cup to the Bruins, he can add abortion, same sex marriage and legalizing drugs and prostitution to his agenda for all I care. 

You know, it is possible to disagree with his views and still be a fan of the hockey player. And that should be even easier if you're a reporter. You should be objective. No? Bringing it up again just shows how much Faggerty disagrees with TT's views and also shows his unprofessionalism and lack of objectivity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Who's this clown reporter? : You're missing the point. If you prefer to use that case then, do you think Cooke gets asked about Savard continuously in PITTSBURGH??? In his hometown? By the Pittsburgh media?? My point is that I would expect this from the Washington media, not the Boston media. That's all!  What you or anyone else thinks of TT's political views is fine. It's called an opinion. You're entitled to one and so is TT. It's just plain dumb that a local "so-called" reporter pesters him in his home locker room with something that happened months ago. If TT stops pucks, I'll be happy. The day he doesn't, I won't be as happy. And if he brings another cup to the Bruins, he can add abortion, same sex marriage and legalizing drugs and prostitution to his agenda for all I care.  You know, it is possible to disagree with his views and still be a fan of the hockey player. And that should be even easier if you're a reporter. You should be objective. No? Bringing it up again just shows how much Faggerty disagrees with TT's views and also shows his unprofessionalism and lack of objectivity.
    Posted by Ronstar8

Can't wait for Jesse Ventura's new book! Where he interviews TT! heh,heh!

Sections
Shortcuts