Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series

After watching the first two games of the series, overall both teams played very conservative and defensive. I do not forsee the next couple of games going that way. In fact, I predict a more open style and offensive game. Primarily from the Bruins. Here is why the Bruins win tonight;

1. More offense will come from driving to the net and scoring on juicy rebounds that Holtby is giving up
    2. D-men will start pinching more and create more perimeter shots from the point.
    3. Julien will out coach Hunter as this series moves along.
    4. Once Bruins have a lead going into the 3rd period its lights out. They are undefeated 20-0.
    5. Capitals are 23-27-4 in games were they score 3 goals or less. The long a short of it, if they don't score at least 4 goals a game they are toast. You can't rely on a hot rookie goaltender to continue winning. Hockey is a team sport and that will show as the series continues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series

I agree with the above statements. GO B'S!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there are two ways this game goes.... 1) wash continues to play tight defensively, and we see another very low-scoring game. OR... 2) wash plays to the home crowd energy and abandons their d-first structure. if it's #1, i still have more confidence in TT and the b's system to win the tight low-scoring one. if it's #2, the b's will continue to play their d-first game and get a number of odd-man chances to get out of this mini-scoring slump. excited to see how it all works out 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

seguin moves to the first line tonight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Is that a wish, or a fact ? According to me, there's no doubt that CJ should put Seguin with Lucic, and Peverley with Bergeron and Marchand.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

The Bruins will bounce back tonight. The Caps have played their best hockey and the Bruins haven't even got going yet, plus the Bruins are very tough as the series goes on. Too physical for the Caps. The Bruins will win in 5 or 6 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Most of you must be drinking some spiked cool-aid. Hunter will continue to follow his existing strategy. It's all on Claude to find a way to counter or overcome. Putting Seguin on the Kreji line hasn't been verified, and is not the best move as Peverly doesn't click as well with Bergie and Marchand. ImO Caron [bigger, stronger, net front] should replace Peverly; Peverly should replace Rolston; and Rolston should be inserted in the 4th line. Just my opinion, and I think Claude's making a mistake if he sticks with the same lines. Peverly's speed and determination are great, but it doesn't seem to fit with kreji and Looch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series:
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

That line was a minus the whole time they were together. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Most of you must be drinking some spiked cool-aid. Hunter will continue to follow his existing strategy. It's all on Claude to find a way to counter or overcome. Putting Seguin on the Kreji line hasn't been verified, and is not the best move as Peverly doesn't click as well with Bergie and Marchand. ImO Caron [bigger, stronger, net front] should replace Peverly; Peverly should replace Rolston; and Rolston should be inserted in the 4th line. Just my opinion, and I think Claude's making a mistake if he sticks with the same lines. Peverly's speed and determination are great, but it doesn't seem to fit with kreji and Looch.
    Posted by bogie6

What is with you and wanting to get Caron in the line up so badly that you would sacrifice breaking up the only line that has given us ANY offense over the last few weeks?  The Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston line should NOT be touched. IMO, Claude should sit Thornton or Paille, and put Caron on the 4th line with them, while rotating him in for a few shifts here and there with the Krejci or Bergeron line, depending on where they slot Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Hunter is not an experienced and successful coach. Playing a defensive strategy is playing Russian Roulette. It is NOT in the DNA of the Caps. Once Holtby comes down to earth its Lights Out.

Regarding the line juggling, everyone has an opinion. At the end of the day, if the B's skate, shoot pucks at the net and screen Holtby good things will happen.

Posted by bogie6

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

It's a possibility.

Posted by bruinsfan084evr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Bruins should win in 6 games and maybe 7 if the Caps win another OT game

The Bruins will bounce back tonight. The Caps have played their best hockey and the Bruins haven't even got going yet, plus the Bruins are very tough as the series goes on. Too physical for the Caps. The Bruins will win in 5 or 6 games.
    Posted by 15315k

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Minus?? What are you smoking. There were only two regulation goals scored. LOL

In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series : That line was a minus the whole time they were together. 
    Posted by BsLegion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

PANIC PANIC PANIC Sit out Thornton, take out Paillle. That's why your a fan an CJ is the coach. Your ridiculous!

In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series : What is with you and wanting to get Caron in the line up so badly that you would sacrifice breaking up the only line that has given us ANY offense over the last few weeks?  The Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston line should NOT be touched. IMO, Claude should sit Thornton or Paille, and put Caron on the 4th line with them, while rotating him in for a few shifts here and there with the Krejci or Bergeron line, depending on where they slot Seguin.
    Posted by mb30

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

PANIC PANIC PANIC Sit out Thornton, take out Paillle. That's why your a fan an CJ is the coach. Your ridiculous! In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series :
    Posted by Camperpete

Rediculous? Rediculous to want to try inserting a young responsible player with some offensive upside into the lineup instead of having Thornton in?  What role does Thornton have in this series?  The only thing I've seen out of him is trying to run around and goad the other team into fights, which is NOT going to happen in this series.  He's made a couple of big hits, but Caron can play the body just as well, plus solid board play and more hockey smarts. Thornton is a liability in this series.  Now, if we end up playing Philly in the next round, I would definitely want him dressed.. Washington, not so much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

PANIC PANIC PANIC Sit out Thornton, take out Paillle. That's why your a fan an CJ is the coach. Your ridiculous! In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series :
    Posted by Camperpete

Also, why bother responding to my post if you have nothing constructive or beneficial to add to the conversation?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series : What is with you and wanting to get Caron in the line up so badly that you would sacrifice breaking up the only line that has given us ANY offense over the last few weeks?  The Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston line should NOT be touched. IMO, Claude should sit Thornton or Paille, and put Caron on the 4th line with them, while rotating him in for a few shifts here and there with the Krejci or Bergeron line, depending on where they slot Seguin.
    Posted by mb30

Completely agree, good post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Scorecard - Shawn Thornton 2 Stanley Cup rings Jordan Caron 0 Dude you got to pay your dues and earn the right for ice time. Outside of Thornton trying to get physical and pick a fight he brings experience, enthusiam and determination. Do you have a short memory. Remember the Bruins vs. Lightning series Both Thornton & Seguin were instrumental in turning that series around. I love Caron but we need experience now. He will eventually get his chance.

In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series : Rediculous? Rediculous to want to try inserting a young responsible player with some offensive upside into the lineup instead of having Thornton in?  What role does Thornton have in this series?  The only thing I've seen out of him is trying to run around and goad the other team into fights, which is NOT going to happen in this series.  He's made a couple of big hits, but Caron can play the body just as well, plus solid board play and more hockey smarts. Thornton is a liability in this series.  Now, if we end up playing Philly in the next round, I would definitely want him dressed.. Washington, not so much.
    Posted by mb30

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Scorecard - Shawn Thornton 2 Stanley Cup rings Jordan Caron 0 Dude you got to pay your dues and earn the right for ice time. Outside of Thornton trying to get physical and pick a fight he brings experience, enthusiam and determination. Do you have a short memory. Remember the Bruins vs. Lightning series Both Thornton & Seguin were instrumental in turning that series around. I love Caron but we need experience now. He will eventually get his chance. In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 3 in Washington and the Series :
    Posted by Camperpete

Again, I'm not saying Caron is a better option than Thornton in all situations, nor am I here to talk about past accomplishments and Thornton being on two Stanley Cup teams.  You're right, in the Tampa Bay series Thornton had a big role to play, and he filled it nicely.. but that series is in the past, and is irrelevent to the current discussion, which is the Washington series. Just saying, RIGHT NOW, in this series I think Caron would bring more to the lineup than Thornton would.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

mb30 I happen to agree with you. I like Caron on the 4th line right now. It maintains its checking and intimidation role and also adds a bit more of a scoring dynamic. I wouldn't mind seeing him get one game in. Why not see what he can give us?

Sections
Shortcuts