Why Canada will lose to the US...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Why Canada will lose to the US...

I dont support my own country because they didnt pick one of the best player in the NHL , he is 21 , 6'3" 215 lbs, so talented, 24 goals, 22 assists and they didnt pick him .....Ryan Johansen would have done better than 80% of the actual forward on the team, he would have done much better than Sid the crying baby, and so so much better than Kunitz.....and that is one of the reason Canada will lose to the US.  I dont care. I support Finland and Tuuka from now on ...good bye Canada ....Gold to the fins, Silver to the US and bronze to Canada

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Why Canada will lose to the US...

Sorry USA fans, the curse is upon you,be afraid.....be very afraid........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry USA fans, the curse is upon you,be afraid.....be very afraid........

[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

True, Kunitz shouldn't be on the roster, but that could also be said about Marleau (only effective on the PK - against the hockey superpower Latvia), Carter (a no-show except for his hat trick against Austria) and Nash (thank God the Bruins didn't trade for him). And I think we can all agree that Sidney Crosby has again (see: Vancouver 2010) failed to show why a lot of people think he's the "best player on the planet"; Toews, Getzlaf, Bergie and (before he was injured) Tavares were a lot more effective so far.

It's going to be a tight game; let's just hope that the officials get every call right. And of course I am going to root for Finland against Sweden (to me, Loui is not a Bruin yet, and I don't like the hype about Lundqvist).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Canada will lose to the US because outside of a couple of goals from the blueline, Team Primadonna can't score!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Blake Wheeler !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Canada will lose to the US because outside of a couple of goals from the blueline, Team Primadonna can't score!

[/QUOTE]

It's true , the U.S have been rolling along in the Olympics , and are the favorites . I'm Canadian .....I like our chances .Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Man, you quit on your favorite teams quick.

Please predict that the US will lose too, somehow...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blake Wheeler !

[/QUOTE]

Him too ...can you imagine Blake Wheeler and Ryan Johansen playing on the same line for Canada....USA would be burried by now .....but Steve Yzeman made some really bad choices, took some really bad decisions ......so long Canada ...they will be lucky if they get the bronze

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Blake Wheeler !

Him too ...can you imagine Blake Wheeler and Ryan Johansen playing on the same line for Canada....USA would be burried by now 

United States

Blake Wheeler (RW)

02/13/14  SVK 0 0 0 0 0 0
    02/15/14  RUS 0 0 0 0 2 0
    02/15/14  SLO 0 1 1 0 0 3
    02/19/14  CZE 0 0 0 0 0 0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]

I dont support my own country because they didnt pick one of the best player in the NHL , he is 21 , 6'3" 215 lbs, so talented, 24 goals, 22 assists and they didnt pick him .....Ryan Johansen would have done better than 80% of the actual forward on the team, he would have done much better than Sid the crying baby, and so so much better than Kunitz.....and that is one of the reason Canada will lose to the US.  I dont care. I support Finland and Tuuka from now on ...good bye Canada ....Gold to the fins, Silver to the US and bronze to Canada

[/QUOTE]

Please quit starting threads. By having you on ignore, I get to miss most of your nonsence, but I got suckered into this dribble because this site no longer identifies the OP.

I'm guessing Johansen is your latest binky that you will act like you discovered, and keep mentioning, until the rest of us are sick of hearing about him.

Nice of you to bail on your country because they didn't take a player you liked. Real patriot.

The forwards aren't scoring because the teams they are playing, are having all 5 players on the ice collapsing back to the front of their net and basically trying to get to a shootout, tied 0-0. There are no passing lanes, and I fail to see what Johansen could do, that would make a difference.

His size makes no difference in the Olympic style of hockey. You mentioned how many points he had, but there are players there with more points, that are not scoring, so there is nothing to indicate he would.

This is a list of Canadian players with MORE points than your binky, that also did not make the roster...Claude Giroux, Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, Joe Thornton, and even Bryan Little.

Ryan Johansen is a very good player. He should be. He was a 4th overall pick. But to suggest he would be the difference maker in the Olympics, is, well, as silly as most of your other comments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blake Wheeler !

Him too ...can you imagine Blake Wheeler and Ryan Johansen playing on the same line for Canada....USA would be burried by now 

[/QUOTE]

United States

Blake Wheeler (RW)

[/QUOTE]

Quite a statline.  And Stanley, it's also tough for Yzerman to pick Americans for the Canadian roster, if that wasn't clear enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:[QUOTE] It's going to be a tight game; let's just hope that the officials get every call right. [/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about this the most because it will be a tight game. These refs have been quite abominable and I don't want some late, phantom call putting one of the two team on a senseless powerplay.

Babcock is going to attack Martin and Orpik relentlessly. He will also have Weber and Keith out against the JVR/Pavelski/Kessel line as much as possible. Price and Quick will be brick walls.

The player that scores the winning goal will not be someone we expect too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MrHulot's comment:[QUOTE] It's going to be a tight game; let's just hope that the officials get every call right. [/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about this the most because it will be a tight game. These refs have been quite abominable and I don't want some late, phantom call putting one of the two team on a senseless powerplay.

Babcock is going to attack Martin and Orpik relentlessly. He will also have Weber and Keith out against the JVR/Pavelski/Kessel line as much as possible. Price and Quick will be brick walls.

[/QUOTE]

This feels like the gold medal game.   I really hope the refs let them play.  Should be an amazingly fast game.  Im calling for Kane and Toews to be the best players for each side.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You being an Olympic hockey follower, and dumping your country's team...because they did not select one of your personal favourites is.....despicable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

United States

Blake Wheeler (RW)

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Wheeler is tied for goals and only one assist behind Team Canada's Captain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you're sort of right, SanDog.  I think it will be a player most wouldn't expect, but should.  Canada - Bergeron.  US - Backes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

United States

Blake Wheeler (RW)

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Wheeler is tied for goals and only one assist behind Team Canada's Captain.

[/QUOTE]

He would be a top scoring fwd for us.   Hoping the trap game is gone and they play hockey.  I doubt the US will open it up.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If the US got up by two goals ?

Yah I could see Bylsma stacking three players at the blueline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

United States

Blake Wheeler (RW)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He would be a top scoring fwd for us.   Hoping the trap game is gone and they play hockey.  I doubt the US will open it up.  

[/QUOTE]

As much as people rag on Canada's offence , their D has been lights out , I agree , I don't think the States want to open it up . They will get burned .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Canada and the US play multiple Olympic hockey games.

US scores a ton despite not having the best players.

Canada can't score to save their souls.

Are teams playing differently against Canada?  Why isn't the US having any issues beating defensive hockey?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Stanley finns won't win gold.  

I don't know about that. I'll never bet against Selanne, especially in international play, and Rask is more than capable of stealing the last two games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was going to write a quick crack.  "Why are many Team Canada players similar to many Americans?  NO GOALS!"

I wanted to add a picture, so I googled "no goals".

Here's the result.  Try it yourself if you don't believe me!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

I was going to write a quick crack.  "Why are many Team Canada players similar to many Americans?  NO GOALS!"

I wanted to add a picture, so I googled "no goals".

Here's the result.  Try it yourself if you don't believe me!

[/QUOTE]

It says you have no goals in life Nas,Go Canada!!