Why Canada will lose to the US...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Why Canada will lose to the US...

While we're at it, what's with the big psycholgical need for Canadians to qualify every statement about tomorrow's game? It's never, "The US has a great shot at advancing". It's always, "The US has a great chance at advancing even though, on paper, the Canadian team is far superior."

Every single column, radio host, pundit....every one has to take a time out to remind us that the Canadian team is much better, but those pesky Americans might find a way. When did I miss the US dumping all of those NHL stars for some busch leaguers? Let Backes and Crosby battle in the corners and see what happens. Let pressure reign down on Price and Quick and see who buckles first. Who thinks there's a single American D that would goof up the puck at the wrong time? Anyone think Kessel, Backes, Pavelski, van Riemsdyk, or Kane will have trouble finding the back of the net? It's silly. Both teams are stacked wth the world's best talent.

Same can be said of Sweden and the Finns. We get caught up with the jersey color and forget. There is zero advantage on paper to these final 4. It's all about execution on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Because it's all about underdogs and chokers.  It's the only story anyone knows how to tell any longer.  It was actually quite funny watching and listening as the talking heads tried to find a way to describe a contest of wills between Chicago and Boston where you couldn't call either team an underdog and you couldn't really say anyone "choked" or didn't play up to the level expected of them except maybe in the 6-5 game.  It was adjustments back and forth with great players on both sides waging a war.  Honourable result for both sides; better if you're a Hawks fan.

Stanley's fascination with individuals over teams is really over the edge, isn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i'm rooting for Tuukka. Go Finland.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanley's fascination with individuals over teams is really over the edge, isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Phew, twilight zone stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And to give up on Carter Camper so easily.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stamkos would  have opened up the floodgates offensively. Not enough mentioned on his absence.

[/QUOTE]

Auto gold ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He bought a place in Atlanta, premonition maybe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont support my own country because they didnt pick one of the best player in the NHL , he is 21 , 6'3" 215 lbs, so talented, 24 goals, 22 assists and they didnt pick him .....Ryan Johansen would have done better than 80% of the actual forward on the team, he would have done much better than Sid the crying baby, and so so much better than Kunitz.....and that is one of the reason Canada will lose to the US.  I dont care. I support Finland and Tuuka from now on ...good bye Canada ....Gold to the fins, Silver to the US and bronze to Canada

[/QUOTE]

are you for real?....

Canada doesn't need your support....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I dont support my own country because they didnt pick one of the best player in the NHL , he is 21 , 6'3" 215 lbs, so talented, 24 goals, 22 assists and they didnt pick him .....Ryan Johansen would have done better than 80% of the actual forward on the team, he would have done much better than Sid the crying baby, and so so much better than Kunitz.....and that is one of the reason Canada will lose to the US.  I dont care. I support Finland and Tuuka from now on ...good bye Canada ....Gold to the fins, Silver to the US and bronze to Canada

[/QUOTE]

Stanley - your country needs you.  I vote for Stanley for Team Canada GM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooo ..... Stanley can go fawk himself

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

He bought a place in Atlanta, premonition maybe. [/QUOTE]

So did Ilya Kovalchuk. I want to double down, Ted Cruz has to go as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wait.  I hear something.  It's coming from the North.  It's feint, but unmistakeable.  It's a chant coming from north of the 49th parallel.

Stanley!  Stanley!  Stanley!

GM of team Canada!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

He bought a place in Atlanta, premonition maybe. [/QUOTE]

So did Ilya Kovalchuk. I want to double down, Ted Cruz has to go as well.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, but you have to take back Jack Todd of the Montreal Gazette,huge Scab fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would have been the only way to win, now players have been selected...too late

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those experts didnt pick Johansen , they do not desserve to win ...GO FINS GO RASK ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Used to like you Stanley but your an embarasement to your country now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanley finns won't win gold.  

Here's a possibility

Usa men hockey -gold

Usa women hockey-gold

Of course the same goes for CAN but we expect canada to do it 

I agree with kunitz - dont think he should be there

Btw- ryan Will have his chance if he becomes as good as you say he will

[/QUOTE]

I am  dual Can and Usa so i win both ways if one wins but i agree with crazy Stanley Finns win lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those experts didnt pick Johansen , they do not desserve to win ...GO FINS GO RASK ....

[/QUOTE]

Your a complete tool , and a disgrace to this country . Nuff said

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

that's all the incentive needed....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Canada will win 4 - 2 Bergy with game winner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Canada will win 4 - 2 Bergy with game winner.

[/QUOTE]

I dont see us scoring 4 on Quick.   Its gonna be a 2-1 type game.  Here is hoping our awesome def are up for the task.  They will be challenged big time.   I hope perry benn getz match up against callahan brown backes.   Two awesome lines.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

I Agree Shuperman. My thinking was Canadians come out super strong and Hang on type game with the 4th goal an EN goal. But a 2-1 OT game would be great.

Sections
Shortcuts