Why Canada will lose to the US...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Why Canada will lose to the US...

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

It's going to be a tight game; let's just hope that the officials get every call right.

The player that scores the winning goal will not be someone we expect too.

I think you're sort of right, SanDog.  I think it will be a player most wouldn't expect, but should.  Canada - Bergeron.  US - Backes.

Well Bergeron was doing everything to help Kunitz and Crosby score. Benn was another I would not have thought of either. Great play!

"Ok, but you have to take back Jack Todd of the Montreal Gazette,huge Scab fan."

I know just where to put this Shab...down by the border.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It was funny watching the Bergeron-Crosby-Kunitz line.  

Bergeron is everywhere, gets lose pucks, causes turnovers, creates transition, gets the puck to Crosby.  

Crosby flies around everyone, over rotates the D, passes through seams, and is generally dangerous on every shift.  

Kunitz, the beneficiary of all of that, stands in shooting areas, gets the passes, misses, takes dumb penalties.

As a USA fan in that game, Bergeorn and Crosby almost make you lose hope...and then Kunitz restores it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Soo I guess like many posters on here said you will never win any big game with Kessel as your leading goal scorer. Though not to put the blame on him only. The Patrick Kane line was a joke didn't do a thing all olympics.

In response to G4ck5's comment:

Soo I guess like many posters on here said you will never win any big game with Kessel as your leading goal scorer. Though not to put the blame on him only. The Patrick Kane line was a joke didn't do a thing all olympics.

Thought Kane was one of the best US players today.  He actually gave them some chances. 

Kessel did what he always does in big games.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to G4ck5's comment:

Thought Kane was one of the best US players today.  He actually gave them some chances. 

I am so glad we traded him away when we did. I honestly think we wouldn't of won the cup with him on the team.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Stanley I'm sure you don't mean what you said.  Canada won You must be happy about that. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Fins lost because Rask wasnt there

glad that Canada won but if would have been much easier with Johansen and Seguin vs Kunitz and Nash

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

If you say your sorry Stanley and sing oh Canada you might be forgiven and sing it loud I want to here it all the way from Montreal

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"It would have been easier..."?

That's just...I mean...easier?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Canada will lose to the US because outside of a couple of goals from the blueline, Team Primadonna can't score!

hahahaha,  CANADA CANADA CANADA

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is this really true, though, Fletch?  I think the rep greatly preceeds the actual play.  The guy has been on Toronto for years.  How many big games has he even played?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The definition of "big game" is scalable.  For the Bruins these days, "big games" are playoff game 7s and finals games.  For the Leafs, who are usually playing for draft position before they take away my Christmas Tree, a chance to play spoiler against the Scabs in mid March is a big game. Pretty sure Ron Wilson said something to the effect of whenever they need him, he disappears.  He's been much better under Carlyle.

Is this really true, though, Fletch?  I think the rep greatly preceeds the actual play.  The guy has been on Toronto for years.  How many big games has he even played?

I don't know, seems like it.  I don't think he's bad necessarily, but you feel like the only way he's gonna score is if somebody else creates a chance for him.  I swear he loses a jump in his step when it's a big game.  Or maybe people just defend him harder and he can't adjust.  For people thinking this is just a case of banging on the ex-Bruin, it isn't.  I remember saying this all the time when he was a Bruin.  Seemed like a vast majority of the goals came in quiet games in the fall and winter.  I thought there was even a stat to back that up.  He's gotten better and he's obviously dangerous, but I think he's the last guy you can expect to shoulder the load and come through under pressure.  No big deal if he wasn't the leading scorer on the team, but he is.  He looked like the Kessel of old against Canada -- cruising, curling, waiting for an opportunity -- while guys like Kane, Parise, Backes seemed to be desperately trying to make one.  His style of play wouldn't annoy me nearly so much if it wasn't accompanied by such explosive talent.  He's a all-world in small games and all-county in big ones.

The definition of "big game" is scalable.  For the Bruins these days, "big games" are playoff game 7s and finals games.  For the Leafs, who are usually playing for draft position before they take away my Christmas Tree, a chance to play spoiler against the Scabs in mid March is a big game. Pretty sure Ron Wilson said something to the effect of whenever they need him, he disappears.  He's been much better under Carlyle.

Wilson said that - I heard that was just a question of giving him time to familiarize himself with the toronto system . 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

sorry prediction, as we all know. Canada played defense first hockey, stressed by both Julien and Hitchcock. Bylsma was out coached even though Quick played a solid game. Price benefitted from the game plan and solid defensive play. Bergeron was a solid wingman for Crosby in every game that they played together.

I don't know, seems like it.  I don't think he's bad necessarily, but you feel like the only way he's gonna score is if somebody else creates a chance for him.  I swear he loses a jump in his step when it's a big game.  Or maybe people just defend him harder and he can't adjust.  For people thinking this is just a case of banging on the ex-Bruin, it isn't.  I remember saying this all the time when he was a Bruin.  Seemed like a vast majority of the goals came in quiet games in the fall and winter.  I thought there was even a stat to back that up.  He's gotten better and he's obviously dangerous, but I think he's the last guy you can expect to shoulder the load and come through under pressure.  No big deal if he wasn't the leading scorer on the team, but he is.  He looked like the Kessel of old against Canada -- cruising, curling, waiting for an opportunity -- while guys like Kane, Parise, Backes seemed to be desperately trying to make one.  His style of play wouldn't annoy me nearly so much if it wasn't accompanied by such explosive talent.  He's a all-world in small games and all-county in big ones.

Fletch -  your pressure comment? Have u ever watched playoffs? Not more pr essure then that - stop with the nonsense

Here is something I read in case u missed it

"I wouldn’t even blame Kessel for the American’s losses. He did his best to get past the coverage but was unable to get past the strong defenses of Canada and Finland. It was the other Americans that couldn’t step up when Kessel was taken out of the picture. 

On Monday, USA Hockey (@usahockey) tweeted on its Twitter account: “Patrick Kane calls Phil Kessel ‘probably the best guy I’ve ever played with. He’s unbelievable.’

I'm sure you know kane but doesn't matter does it ?  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He could have created a big game when the Bruins played the Canes, he was AWOL in that series, but he lit it up in the sweep of the Habs.

In the series vs. the Bruins I don't believe he had a GWG.

And another 2 opportunities in this Olympics.

Marco has said time after time that the Bruins would be a dynasty if they had Kessel and/or Seguin.  There is no valid reason to believe that to be even remotely true for either player.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

On Monday, USA Hockey (@usahockey) tweeted on its Twitter account: “Patrick Kane calls Phil Kessel ‘probably the best guy I’ve ever played with. He’s unbelievable.’

I'm sure you know kane but doesn't matter does it ?  

So Patrick Kane says Kessel is better than anyone on team USA or the Black Hawks.

And you want to stand by that?  Better than Hossa or Toews?  You really want to hang your hat on that?

In response to marco0863's comment:

Fletch -  your pressure comment? Have u ever watched playoffs? Not more pr essure then that - stop with the nonsense

Yes.  that is the basis of my opinion.  I know the guy can finish a 2 on 1.  And his playoff experience is a awfully small sample size.  One that is also characterized by losing.  Ditto Olympics.

Here is something I read in case u missed it

"I wouldn’t even blame Kessel for the American’s losses. He did his best to get past the coverage but was unable to get past the strong defenses of Canada and Finland. It was the other Americans that couldn’t step up when Kessel was taken out of the picture. 

This is so silly.  Wait, teammates say nice things about each other to the press?!  Really??

If I show you a bunch of glowing quotes about Loui Eriksson from his teammates, will you admit that he's great?  Or Shawn Thornton?  Or Jordan Caron?  Their teammates said!!  It must be true!!

Teamamtes rave about each other.  It's what they do.  Try watching some games and evaluating what you see instead of worrying about quotes or desperately defending some long lost cause. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Hey USA you still have baseball, NFL and NBA.

Canada rules hockey!!!!!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts