Why Dale Arnold?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: Why Dale Arnold?

Tom Caron is HORRIBLE.....but I think he is a hair more tolerable than Dave Shea.  That guy was a clueless drunk.  I think half the nights he did the game he was so spent that he didnt have a clue who was playing.  I might be way off base, but thats how he sure came off.  Dave Shea = HORRENDOUS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold?:
    [QUOTE]He's got a good head for the game although he stamers or pauses quite often which is rather annoying. I enjoyed Kathrine TappThat, she was good at keeping the ball rolling in the studio. Im just happy that Hockey is back! At least they kept Brick.
    Posted by ddd112273[/QUOTE]
    Brick is awesome. Great knowledge and passion for the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I like females, so Kathryn was "eye candy" as stated above.  The mute button on the remote solves all issues, I can always count on Book or NAS for hockey insight, edit button is always handy.  Actually individuals don't matter, any intelligent posting or media commentary male or female is always accepted here.  Cheers. Go Bs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]hockeyguy...KT was not on the set for her knowledge of hockey! i'm gonna miss her, she softened the blow after a poor period/game. you know..."god, they looked lethargic tonight, but man kathryn looks hot tonight!"
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

That's pitiful.

I watch hockey because I enjoy the sport.  I listen to people talk about hockey because I enjoy the sport.

Tappen couldn't discuss the game with any knowledge, therefore she was useless on a hockey broadcast.  Dale Arnold is great.  He certainly knows his stuff.  He's not going to simply sit there and toss softballs to Gord and Pederson.  Basically, he'll actually serve a purpose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Neither jealous nor female. But if the folks at NESN wanna hire more women for TV they should go with more like Naoko who a: sound intelligent b: don't get flustered c: have a phukin personality and yes, since its apparently important in entertainment is d: attractive. In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Wow, clueless.  There was nothing wrong with Katheryn and any jerk can make the same old "they need to chip more pucks in deep" commentary.  In depth analysis is what Milbury and Peterson and other ex NHL players are hired to do.  She was great, loved her personality.  I wont even watch their poor coverage now.

And its stupid to say NESN made a mistake.  Dumpy hazel mae was grabbed by the national netwrok for baseball because she was a competent female and it was a matter of time before the NHL network jumped all over the Katheryn Train and threw the bank at her.  Ill watch their coverage after games.

And pumping tires for Noyokokoo?  She's awful, just awful.  You must be joking. Terrible AND unattractive.  Nice mix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

I finally watched the Bruins/Senators game on dvr tonight. I actually really enjoyed having Dale Arnold doing the pregame/intermission/postgame bits.  He brings a lot more hockey knowledge than KT did.  I don't watch Bruins games for eye candy. I prefer more hockey knowledge over more skin anytime I'm watching Bruins hockey.  Welcome back Dale!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? : Wow, clueless.  There was nothing wrong with Katheryn and any jerk can make the same old "they need to chip more pucks in deep" commentary.  In depth analysis is what Milbury and Peterson and other ex NHL players are hired to do.  She was great, loved her personality.  I wont even watch their poor coverage now. And its stupid to say NESN made a mistake.  Dumpy hazel mae was grabbed by the national netwrok for baseball because she was a competent female and it was a matter of time before the NHL network jumped all over the Katheryn Train and threw the bank at her.  Ill watch their coverage after games. And pumping tires for Noyokokoo?  She's awful, just awful.  You must be joking. Terrible AND unattractive.  Nice mix.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Noako (or whatever) is pitiful.  Let's not even talk about her hockey knowledge but instead focus on her SPEAKING.  She flubs questions.  She stutters words and sometimes just pauses.  She came along during NESN's "Anybody but a White Guy" revolution.  Rob Simpson did a great job, but NESN decided that any job that required nothing more than a broadcasting degree from Northeastern should not be held by white males. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? : Noako (or whatever) is pitiful.  Let's not even talk about her hockey knowledge but instead focus on her SPEAKING.  She flubs questions.  She stutters words and sometimes just pauses.  She came along during NESN's "Anybody but a White Guy" revolution.  Rob Simpson did a great job, but NESN decided that any job that required nothing more than a broadcasting degree from Northeastern should not be held by white males. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

+1

Bravo NAS but be careful expressing opinions ( wich are facts) such as what you said some will call you a racist

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

The best available person as long as its not a white guy has been around for 20 years. It's a liberal thing (10 million white people out of work right now)How about Bob Beers he's at all the games ? They could air it on  T.V. and  the radio at the same time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm tuning in to watch a hockey game for the team I root for. I don't watch pre game shows or between periods to see a pretty blonde girl. If people who don't normally watch are tuning in for that reason, then you need to get out more, or go get Cinemax . I remember years ago when Katie Couric switched shows the network was accused of showcasing her legs for male viewers. Are you serious? Tuning in to see Katie Courics legs? I'm sorry but some middle aged womans knee caps and shins don't force me to watch something i wouldnt normally tune in to. (She's no Linda Cohn!! LOL)

Dale is good, maybe a little nerdy at times, but I'm glad he's back. Edwards has his faults but if one of them is making me laugh out loud at some of the stuff he says, I can live with that. I appreciate his passion.
    To me, Rob Simpson has the knowledge, but it did not translate well on camera..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? : That's pitiful. I watch hockey because I enjoy the sport.  I listen to people talk about hockey because I enjoy the sport. Tappen couldn't discuss the game with any knowledge, therefore she was useless on a hockey broadcast.  Dale Arnold is great.  He certainly knows his stuff.  He's not going to simply sit there and toss softballs to Gord and Pederson.  Basically, he'll actually serve a purpose.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? : +1 Bravo NAS but be careful expressing opinions ( wich are facts) such as what you said some will call you a racist
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

It's just fact. 

NESN was acting improperly.  They're the ones who need the closer look.  And before anyone says, "NAS, how do YOU know they wouldn't hire the white guy?"

Think back to Naoko's first year.  She wasn't fit to be the sideline reporter for Barnstable High. 

She still isn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy9oFxJB1Ko

In the City of Boston, I'm 100% there are plenty of guys with advanced broadcasting degrees that could have and can do a better job.  When Hazel Mae left, she had to be replaced.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Naoko is absolutely terrible, flubs questions, always making mistakes and I've watched players basically have to stop frrom laughing at her. Go over to HFboards and say something nice about NF you'll get laughed at. Saw Tappen on NHL Network already not uninformed and no way is she a ditz. Kathryn smokes Naoko in more ways than one.

Dale Arnold used to put me to sleep when he did play by play and now they are going to team him with CluessZack again :shakehead:. Nesn should have hired Charissa Thompson before ESPN nabbed her. She was an awesome sideline reporter for FOX Sports NFL and Versus NHL, much more to her than her looks as was with Tappen.

All the bad hirings and firings started happening when Henry put his wife in charge of NESN...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] All the bad hirings and firings started happening when Henry put his wife in charge of NESN...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That explains EVERYTHING.

Sections
Shortcuts