Why? Dennis & Callahan on NESN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Why? Dennis & Callahan on NESN

Dennis and Callahan have been bashing hockey for years .Why ? give them a show on NESN. I stopped listening to them last year when 98.5 the sports hub started.NESN covers the Bruins and Red Sox why would they give two guys that bash hockey a show on there network. They should have given Felger & Maz that show.I bet there ratings on the D&C show have dropped big time since the Sports Hub started last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: Why? Dennis & Callahan on NESN

even Gresh and Zo would be better than those clowns, that show is on so early that they need personalties who can wake people up, not fall back to sleep.  i will continue to listen to 98.5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I watched the show on NESN for 10 minutes.  I can get more informative analysis from watching dumas Felger.  NESN went from a watch in the morning to avoidance.  Someone will like the noise.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I personally hate D & C, and I'm really dissapointed NESN is allowing people with a political agenda on their channel.

My sport watching does not need to be mixed with Obama rants

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Glad you cleared that up for me. I thought that it was Alec Baldwin co-hosting with Callahan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Of the 8 programs weekdays on 98.5 and WEEI, D&C are the worst.  Elitist and arrogant.  They are probably the least hockey friendly program, why give them a show on NESN?  If any show should be on NESN, it should be Felger and Mazz.  They actually discuss baseball and hockey. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I thought the same thing the DC show does not talk about hockey at all , they do not even bring it up ever. I do not understand why nesn would put these guys on , with the bruins games on nesn it does not make alot of sense. Second they take the nesn daily show off at 6am to put this stuff on. They do not talk sports at all they talk about is political stuff. They are both good at what they do, but nesn should have not gone for it. Just my point of view. So everyone when the elections are coming up again be ready for more Scott Brown talk and all that stuff.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Two things I hate in sports coverage:

1. Politics, don't care if it is right or left.  Is there anyone more unqualified to have informed political opinions than sports personalities??  It's just like Teddy K talking about Manny Ortez -- way outside of their area of expertise and embarrassing.  Dennis and Callahan are two of the worst about this. 

2. The irritating little trend of hockey bashing in the media.  ESPN excels at this with Cowart, Mike and Mike, and Scott Van Pelt all tap dancing for the ESPN execs by bashing hockey and gushing over the NBA just because they carry the games.  Dennis and Callahan have decided that it is funny to degrade one of Boston's proudest areas of sports history by trying to fall in line with this trend.

Can't believe these guys are being rewarded by Boston's hockey network.  Sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

Agree with all of the posts. Very disappointed that Milbury did not ask them last night if they will start talking hockey now instead of getting wet about Sarah Palin every 5 minutes.  

That clown Callahan actually had the nads to say they "will talk about what we always talk about- Bruins and Liverpool football." Milbury should have beat him with his shoe for that comment and their very creepy and unfunny hits on Tappen. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

NESN foolishly (and I mean using fools) to make up for the foolish Jade and Uri (whatever) show in the AM.  Dennis (gotten fat) & Calahan (always been obnoxious) are self-serving idiots - I'd rather listen to Kevin Pompous Dupont.  When Kathryn Tappen hosts NESN Sportsdesk, I'll return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

I'm sure the ratings will be through the roof, with target audiences all being in cars on their way to work when it airs, sounds like a successful gameplan. I tried to watch this morning but I think I need picture in picture because my TV screen only fits Dennis...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

I moved out of Boston 4 years ago and have missed EEI, not for Dennis & Callahan but more for, well, everyone except those two.  Enjoytheir sports knowledge, but the arrogance and political water-carrying for anyone to the right of center disgusted me to the point of having to turn them off.  After I relocated I paid the extra money it took to get NESN on my local cable provider and have enjoyed watching NESN Daily each morning.  Well, NESN offically just lost my viewership.  These two are clowns.  Callahan is nothing but a myopic right-wing bigot, and Dennis has let himself go and turned into a pathetic sycophantic slob.  Seriously, look at him.  He looks like Jiminy Glick. I am truly saddened that NESN chose to give these two immature blowhards their own television time.   A very poor programming decision which I am sure they will regret.  I've already switched, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

The only thing I like about it is that these 2 loathsome jerks are guaranteed to fail. This is going to be like watching the Chevy Chase latenight show from years back. Just a total train wreck in the making. Could'nt happen to 2 nicer guys.
    Hey D&C why don't you go break down the Red Sox spring training line up or kiss Tom Brady's behind or talk poilitics some more.
    Callahan is an arrogant fool and Dennis is just a bloated drunk.
    You are not welcome here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Why? Dennis & Callahan on NESN:
    [QUOTE]I moved out of Boston 4 years ago and have missed EEI, not for Dennis & Callahan but more for, well, everyone except those two.  Enjoytheir sports knowledge, but the arrogance and political water-carrying for anyone to the right of center disgusted me to the point of having to turn them off.  After I relocated I paid the extra money it took to get NESN on my local cable provider and have enjoyed watching NESN Daily each morning.  Well, NESN offically just lost my viewership.  These two are clowns.  Callahan is nothing but a myopic right-wing bigot, and Dennis has let himself go and turned into a pathetic sycophantic slob.  Seriously, look at him.  He looks like Jiminy Glick. I am truly saddened that NESN chose to give these two immature blowhards their own television time.   A very poor programming decision which I am sure they will regret.  I've already switched, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 
    Posted by wilsondogg[/QUOTE]

Love the Jiminy Glick reference -- I look at Dennis and think the same thing.  Is he injecting deep fryer grease directly into his veins??  It's disgusting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

In the immortal words of Tony Mazz, "S*ck!  S*ck!  S*ck!  They all s*ck!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I'd welcome Jiminy Glick hosting NESN morning show.  The outtakes from his film Jiminy Glick in Lalawood killed me - an interview with Steve Martin during which Jiminy asks Steve "what's your kryptonite ... pause ... mine's Cheese Parmesan."  Steve couldn't continue the interview, he was laughing so hard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I too was shocked at how bad Dennis looked.  I can't stand D&C and haven't listened to them in a long time.  I switched over to 98.5 for good.  I enjoy Dale & Holley because they talk sports and know what they're talking about but for the most part I stay on 98.5.  I don't know why it's so exciting to watch two idiots sit there and talk giberish for 3 hours.  It's as fun as watching Imus' show with him sitting there drooling.  It would be much more interesting with Toucher and Rich bringing special guests into the studio and maybe video taping a few skits like ask a pink hat.  It'll be interesting to see if they actually get ratings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

The Sports Hub is the best thing to happen to Boston sports in a while.  I used to love 'EEI, but had grown sick of them.  Having another channel to listen to that isn't political banter or fat guys just yelling over each other, is just great.  I still listen to Dale & Holley but it's the Sports Hub for the rest of the day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

I hate those 2 and intentionally dont listen to EEI in the morning just because of them. i certainly wont be watching them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Vote with the OFF switch. That's the best way to register your disapproval.

Ugh. The only thing worse than actually listening to those two moronic bigots would be watching them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Did NESN see what Dennis looked like. Thats where the expression he has a face for radio came from.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Write to NESN. I told them I had no interest in tuning in for hockey hating and right wing talking points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

They are horrible on radio and can't imagine having to watch their fat smug faces while listening to their pompus politically driven agenda. 

Sounds like some kind of inhumane torture method our CIA should start using, I know I would talk

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

I always watched NESN over comcast  in the days of Hazel Mae, Cole Wright, etc.  Classic case of if it aint broke dont fix it.  The new format was a disaster and now D & C? I will grudgingly listen to those bozos in the car for want of options, I sure wont watch them. Talk about a couple of faces made for radio.  Comcast has great shows, but they simply re-run them in the morning.  Live programming was NESN's big edge.

Morning Joe anyone?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

I miss Hazel Mae.