Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Re: Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team?

I want Ryder and Sturm. The B's could lose Paille, Hunwick or Wheeler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team?

The line shuffling has worked, and it's benefitting Seguin to learn more about defense from Paille. I don't think he learns anything from Thornton who has become mesmirized by his own scoring and puck handling. Ryder is a case in itself. Any coach but Claude would have him picking splinters more often. Sturm may or may not be an asset for this team when he comes back. Let's wait and see because, if Savard comes back first, as stated above, it will be necessary to clear $4-5 mil of CAP space which means Ryder, and probably Paille are gone. When Sturm returns the decision could be Wheeler, Ference, Hunwick or some combination

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team? : What exactly do you see out of Wheeler other than a guy who topped his potential in his rookie year, put on weight to get tougher, then completely lost his scoring touch?

Wheeler/Paille/Ryder--dump some or all and get something in return that's cheaper and yes, it makes more sense to free up the cap space for Sturm and Savard. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Exactly straight and to the point.

PS. Bruins notebook: Michael Ryder landed two shots on net and went without a point for the fourth time in the last five games. His trade stock is sinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Nice article on the Bruins Blog and mention of Capgeek in all of this. If the numbers are true and we'd clear enough $$ for Savard and Sturm by trading Ryder for a draft pick, assigning Caron to Providence, and moving Seguin to the wing, you make that move quick and don't look back. Seems like a no-brainer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caron needs to stay up and develop with the Big Bs sending him to Providence with Ryder would get into Jordan's head. Either Paille or Wheeler have to be the additional odd man out with Hunwick's recent play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Paille and Ryder should be Automatics! When it comes to who is off the team. If more space is needed then more difficult decisions between Wheeler,Hunwick,Ference come into play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Re: Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team?:
    [QUOTE]Paille and Ryder should be Automatics! When it comes to who is off the team. If more space is needed then more difficult decisions between Wheeler,Hunwick,Ference come into play.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
     ^^  This

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Horton - Krejic - Lucic
    Sturm/Wheeler - Savard - Seguin
    Caron - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seidenberg - Ference
    Stuart - Hunwick/McQuaid

Thomas
    Rask

Don't see where Ryder, Paille, or Wheeler fit in this line up. You could drop Caron to Providence and keep Wheeler but that means you would likely be penalized in 2011 when the deferred bonuses kick in for Seguin. All in all, I don't see how Ryder, Paille, or Wheeler are in the line up come spring unless there is a major injury.

I'd rather get rid of Ryder and Sturm and keep Wheeler but I think I'm the only one that agrees with that. Plus $7 million in Providence is definitely not what Jacobs wants.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

And by get rid of Sturm, I mean send him to Providence. He has a NTC not a NMC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why Did Claude Shuffle The Lines/Why Does Everyone Assume Sturm Will Make Team?:
    [QUOTE]Horton - Krejic - Lucic Sturm/Wheeler - Savard - Seguin Caron - Bergeron - Recchi Marchand - Campbell - Thornton Chara - Boychuk Seidenberg - Ference Stuart - Hunwick/McQuaid Thomas Rask Don't see where Ryder, Paille, or Wheeler fit in this line up. You could drop Caron to Providence and keep Wheeler but that means you would likely be penalized in 2011 when the deferred bonuses kick in for Seguin. All in all, I don't see how Ryder, Paille, or Wheeler are in the line up come spring unless there is a major injury. I'd rather get rid of Ryder and Sturm and keep Wheeler but I think I'm the only one that agrees with that. Plus $7 million in Providence is definitely not what Jacobs wants.  
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but for all of the flack he receives,I think Jacobs wants about a Cup more than anything.The fact he lets PC spend at will backs this up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Caron needs to stay up and develop with the Big Bs sending him to Providence with Ryder would get into Jordan's head. Either Paille or Wheeler have to be the additional odd man out with Hunwick's recent play.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If the kid's that emotionally fragile, he'll never make it in pro sports.

I seriously doubt he is, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Sturm and Paille falls short by about $30,000.  I guess they could send Caron down until they've banked enough space to keep him up the remainder of the season.  That's cutting it close, though.

Sections
Shortcuts