Why Do Regular Posters...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Why Do Regular Posters...

...reply to Readsocks, Cosmo, Winthecup and Juniorfalcons?  They're just trolls looking for attention.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Why Do Regular Posters...

OK GNB, I have them all on ignore now.  Thanks.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

...reply to Readsocks, Cosmo, Winthecup and Juniorfalcons?  They're just trolls looking for attention.

What I don't understand is how a lot of regular posters didn't have them on ignore before now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I don't usually use ignore but I am going to go that route in the case of a couple these guys as you have suggested.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

What I don't understand is how a lot of regular posters didn't have them on ignore before now. 

Most of the names I recognized (i.e., Readsocks, Winthecup and Juniorfalcons). I didn't know Cosmo was one because we've had negative posters before.  Cheers for the heads up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

troll>??? I know more about sport esp Boston than you would ever imagine...

I have an opinion.... Lucic... Seguin.... ehhh... not so good.. oh and by the way.. I am RIGHT... that sucks for you huh>??

[/QUOTE]

you know why thye call you a troll ?  because you only come here to cry and whine when the Bruins lose and then boast how intellectual you are about the Bruins (sports).  Soon you will be talking to yourself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pathetic and then promises are made "oh ya i'll stop!". Two or three days later "well I'll just try n reason with them".

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Add:  heyoo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bump

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm embracing the ignore button.

It should be reversed - I'm only interested in what the regulars have to say.

The interlopers add nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

By the logic of these b*tchy trolls any player who doesn't win a cup must 'suck'. Which means there must be 29 teams with a total of 667 players who suck leaving only one Stanley Cup winning team with 23 players who do not suck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The good news -- these guys are disappearing right and left, along with null.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I have used the ignore button for the firswt time..12 of them have made it on, but when the regular posters repsond.....Now I see why NAS always yelled at me about this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Well that doesn't make you sound uppity at all...

I'm sure you were an interloper once. Or did you just sign up for BDC and instantly have 10,000 posts?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

My favorite part is how most of the trolls say something to the effect of "see, I told you they wouldn't win, I'm so smart!"...even though winning the cup is one of the hardest things to do in sport. The B's made it to game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals and were a few bounces away from either winning it or forcing a game seven against the consensus best team in Hockey.

It's like picking a horse that is 5-1 horse in the Kentucky Derby and then crowing about how you knew all along they wouldn't win. It takes real genius and believer to go out on that limb.

All you need to know about readsocks can be found in the old '11 Stanley Cup threads. after that he didn't troll for a while, but now that they lost, he's back all puffy-chested. Congratulations.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

Nas is overrated. The regulars mostly backwoods hopping Canadians at a American news site. Big deal if they use the ignore. I only keep them not on ignore because I enjoy the comedy. Like all of them not saying anything bad because king nas will make them bend over and take it hard. I hope you all enjoy another 40 plus years of talking about the last cup Thomas won them in 2011.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll reiterate that people who are here for discussion aren't trolls, even if they have idiotic opinions.  Just don't start 10 new threads forcing everyone to read your idiotic opinion 10 times over.

People who are just here to repeat the same things, disrupt the discussion, taunt/antagonize other users, or use profanities should be listed (thanks kel), and they won't last.

Just ask the regular trolls...if you can find them...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Well that doesn't make you sound uppity at all...

I'm sure you were an interloper once. Or did you just sign up for BDC and instantly have 10,000 posts?

I use the term "interloper" for lack of a better term.  There's more than a few people with few posts worth listening to.  There's at least one person who has thousands of posts who I have on ignore, I'll just use his initials to save him the embarassment - STANLEY.  Having said that, *most* of the "interlopers" - visitors from the baseball, basketball and football have nothing to add to the discussions.

I was listening to Felger and Mazz and it was outright embarassing on game day 6.  There were making fun of people who thought hitting was the key to the Bruins game, ok, could be a valid point, but then they went ahead and proved they didn't know what they were talking. They said backchecking and forechecking were the keys to the Bruins game.  Isn't "checking" another word for hitting?

I am really tired of wasting time reading posts by crazy people, idiots and people who don't know hockey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So I went to Dunkin Donuts this a.m. (translation: Tim Horton's for you people 49 north) and as I am leaving a man calls out to me.  He says something to me I can barely understand.  What?  I say.  Something barely intelligible comes from him.  Then he points to his Bruins hat (I was wearing a Bruins hat today).  Then he asks me "How many games did the Bruins lose?"  I searched for an answer.  "Four" I said, thinking it was about as good an answer as any.  "All recovered!" he replied.  And my suspicion that he was mentally challenged seemed to be proven true.  "Excellent!" I told him and gave him my best Bruins smile.

I don't think I'm any better off for that exchange and I don't think I added anything to his day either.  That's what it's like around here sometimes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I understand your example Bad Hab - there are many people like that which I have encountered as well. I wasn't trying to call you out in a rude way, but rather just point out that not every "newbie" should be brushed off as a non-contributor.

I, for example, had to make a new screen name because my previous one was malfunctioning after closing the corresponding email account.

Now I am not claiming that I am a hockey expert by any means (I have never played competitive hockey, only pond hockey with friends) and part of the reason why I read here is to learn about the game from some of the more knowledgeable, experienced posters. But some of you are very unwelcoming to those like me because I'm/we're not an all-in Bruins fan (meaning that I also pay attention to other Boston sports). Sorry, but I live in Boston and I'm a sports fan who pays attention so they all interest me.

Do I occasionally make statements that others disagree with (Rask not clutch, Krecji isn't necessarily better than Nash/Ryan due to playoff performance) ? - yes I do. But I think thats part of the fun of posting here...giving your opinions and defending them if need be.