Why do the Bruins play better on the road than at home?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofobu. Show jofobu's posts

Why do the Bruins play better on the road than at home?

Can anyone offer any insight to this record?

Regular Season
    Home:    22-13-6
    Away:    24-12-5

Playoffs
    Home:    0-2
    Away:    2-0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Why do the Bruins play better on the road than at home?

I heard them talking about this either on VS or sports radio, but the reason they cited was that CJ might be trying to match lines a little too much at home, while on the road he just throws the guys out there.  May have some validity, may not.  Who knows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Why do the Bruins play better on the road than at home?:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone offer any insight to this record? Regular Season Home:    22-13-6 Away:    24-12-5 Playoffs Home:    0-2 Away:    2-0
    Posted by jofobu[/QUOTE]
    My insight: No idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Why do the Bruins play better on the road than at home?:
    [QUOTE]I heard them talking about this either on VS or sports radio, but the reason they cited was that CJ might be trying to match lines a little too much at home, while on the road he just throws the guys out there.  May have some validity, may not.  Who knows.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I think at home the Bruins feel pressured to do too much instead of sticking with the game plan.  They seem desperate to score the first goal and pass the puck far too much looking for the perfect shot.  On the road they are more content to throw the puck on net and hope for a deflection or a rebound. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Carey Price on TSN.ca:

"It seems like it's easier when you go on the road because you're not trying to impress anyone."

On the road, you throw the checks when you can to help the team.  At home, you try to throw the big checks to make the crowd go crazy?

Add that to Claude's line matching, and it makes some sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh yeah - road team rope-a-dope.

This team is built to do two things really well - play a very deliberate game at a very controlled pace, and counter-punch when the opposition tries to attack their defensive system (i.e. trap in some fashion).  These are characteristics of the perfect approach to a road game.  At home, it's harder to play that patient game letting the opposition bring the game to you.  You feed off the energy of the crowd and try to do things that you aren't as good at doing but that look good on TV.  Bruins did a lot of that in games one and two.  Should have been fined $1000 for every no look pass that didn't result directly in a goal or superb scoring chance.  The entire team had Spezzitis.

They should have spent yesterday in Lake Placid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I think also when you are on the road you're staying together as a team. When you're at home you go out with family and friends and you're not together like on the road. Maybe that has something to do with it?