Why does Chara get a "flyer"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Why does Chara get a

I have been pretty disappointed with Chara's play overall, as with Ference, for most of the young season.

Both guys have been so solid in the past, just uncharacteristic mistakes thus far.  OK chalking up to the lockout, not sure how well prepared you get for the NHL and CJ's system playing 20 games in Europe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Every Bruins player has had some rough nights so far but the team has usually found a way to win. Chara can certainly be better but he's one of the last guys that I worry about.  He's usually still better than most of his peers even on his bad nights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Integral word to this thought.

Well, it didn't happen nor can it be replayed to find out, so it would be foolish to say "would have". 

Right, so its safe to assume we'll never know. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Our Captain should have challenged Scott when Thorton got KO'd.  I know the logic, why have your best D Man fighting a useless tool like Scott.  Because Thorton has stuck up for everyone on the B's and the time came for someone to return the favour, and oh yes he is our Captain.  Win or Lose our team would have rallied around you can't touch anyone without someone else tapping you on the shoulder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

Our Captain should have challenged Scott when Thorton got KO'd.  I know the logic, why have your best D Man fighting a useless tool like Scott.  Because Thorton has stuck up for everyone on the B's and the time came for someone to return the favour, and oh yes he is our Captain.  Win or Lose our team would have rallied around you can't touch anyone without someone else tapping you on the shoulder.

If Thornton gets hurt in a fight, the B's can replace him with (insert any dime-a-dozen goon).  If the B's #1 player gets hurt, it's a different story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

As discussed elsewher, Chara may be fading to a "good" D rather than his elite status.

The only time I ever criticized Z was against Carolina in the 2009 playoffs. I have not ever seen Zdeno play that bad for such a stretch since. If you want to see a really bad stretch watch a video of Bourque in the 1993 playoffs against the Sabres, he was horrible. As mentioned some of the greatest players have bad streaks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Goalies and Dmen are getting most of the call-outs for the third period debacle.  This game was lost in the first two periods and at the very beginning of the third when our forwards did not cash in on glorious opportunities.  You are asking for IT when you only have 2 goals to show for all of those chances and you keep the other team in the game. 

The reasons our B's lost is...

1) Miller

2) Our forwards not capatalizing on quality chances

3) Jack Edwards jinxing the Bruins in the third with their "Dominance in the 3rd" comments

D and goaltending are way down on the list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Goalies and Dmen are getting most of the call-outs for the third period debacle.  This game was lost in the first two periods and at the very beginning of the third when our forwards did not cash in on glorious opportunities.  You are asking for IT when you only have 2 goals to show for all of those chances and you keep the other team in the game. 

1) Miller

3) Jack Edwards jinxing the Bruins in the third with their "Dominance in the 3rd" comments

Damn Jack !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

1) Miller

You don't lose games because you don't score goals with a lead.  You lose games because the other team scores.  There were plenty of times the Sabres didn't score in the first two periods as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Chara looks to have the flu or something. He's unusually pale even for him and his face around his sinuses are red and puffy.

He's off to a less than Norris start.  Maybe he's hurt.  We don't know.  He's a lot more than just a big player, however.  Your comments are well uninformed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

If Thornton gets hurt in a fight, the B's can replace him with (insert any dime-a-dozen goon).  If the B's #1 player gets hurt, it's a different story.

I hear you Not-a-Shot, Losing Chara would be devastating, but that could happen on any given play.  That Sabre game has somewhat changed the swagger the Bruins once had.  I am surrounded by Leaf fans and even they have no fear playing the Bruins, where they once had a big fear.  Sometimes you have to do things for the team and Chara should have tried.  Heck even an wrestling match with the occasional punch would have said Hay touch my team and you deal with everyone.  Again, would ownership want this, no but I bet the rest of the team did.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree with everything you said. We have a alot of Lurch backers on this forum seems everytime he makes his bonehead pinches or outlet passes response from the forum is " he looks sick".  He brings  zero on PP one of the main reasons why PP has been dreadful for so long.  Like I mentioned on this forum not worth the money best years are behind him.  I would trade his sorry butt for a bag of pucks and a face off in the other teams zone. We have had some of the greatest players in the leauge get traded in the past, PC should be looking to fleece a few GM's for some young pieces and/or draft picks coming back our way. Lurch's stock will only be going down. 

[/QUOTE]

Yawn

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

OK Patches

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to bandgbleeder's comment:

Chara looks to have the flu or something. He's unusually pale even for him and his face around his sinuses are red and puffy.

He's off to a less than Norris start.  Maybe he's hurt.  We don't know.  He's a lot more than just a big player, however.  Your comments are well uninformed.

Have to agree after watching him play against the Jets tonight......he just doesn't seem to have the intensity we're used to seeing. Even goal scoring celebration seemed ho hum for him tonight. Hope he comes around.......gonna need the guy we saw in 2011 playoffs if we hope to see the B's go deep again this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hear you Not-a-Shot, Losing Chara would be devastating, but that could happen on any given play.  That Sabre game has somewhat changed the swagger the Bruins once had.  I am surrounded by Leaf fans and even they have no fear playing the Bruins, where they once had a big fear.  Sometimes you have to do things for the team and Chara should have tried.  Heck even an wrestling match with the occasional punch would have said Hay touch my team and you deal with everyone.  Again, would ownership want this, no but I bet the rest of the team did.

Leafs fans are idiots.  I couldn't possibly care less what they think.  I'm sure there isn't a soul inside the B's locker room that is concerned with what Retard-O in the Sittler jersey has to say.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'm still trying to figure out what a "flyer" is in this context?

Did you mean "get a pass?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I'm still trying to figure out what a "flyer" is in this context?

Did you mean "get a pass?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

Yes, a "pass" would have been a better word choice.  My sister (an english teacher) would have probably noted the same.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I drop in occassionally to see what my Bruin buddies have to say and it still surprises me to see threads like this on Chara.  He may not be at the top of his game right now, but he is one of the top 5 impact players in the league, IMHO.  Like NAS eludes too here, it does so much more then his own individual contributions.

The Bruins confidence level, especially defensively has a lot to do with the big guy.  His makes the entire defense better.  He continuously plays against the top players in the league and still holds one of the top +/- stats (only relevent for defensemen in IMHO).  You don't see a lot of cheap shots when he's out there.

Bruins without Chara drop to a tier 2 team. 

I think Chara actually takes more criticism then he deserves.  Leafs may never beat the Bruins again until Chara retires......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

I drop in occassionally to see what my Bruin buddies have to say and it still surprises me to see threads like this on Chara.  He may not be at the top of his game right now, but he is one of the top 5 impact players in the league, IMHO.  Like NAS eludes too here, it does so much more then his own individual contributions.

The Bruins confidence level, especially defensively has a lot to do with the big guy.  His makes the entire defense better.  He continuously plays against the top players in the league and still holds one of the top +/- stats (only relevent for defensemen in IMHO).  You don't see a lot of cheap shots when he's out there.

Bruins without Chara drop to a tier 2 team. 

I think Chara actually takes more criticism then he deserves.  Leafs may never beat the Bruins again until Chara retires......

You got that right LRH, i could close my eyes and imagine what the B's would be like without Chara, wait a minute, no i won't, it would be ugly. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

50below, for that last part it depends how many years down the road that is and how good Hamilton has become. If he fails a la Kyle McLaren.....