Why does it take so long to sign Marchand????????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Why does it take so long to sign Marchand????????????

I dont like this ...Marchand has to be a Bruin forever ...he is the soul of our team ...Bergeron the heart , Chara the strenght and Thomas the engine, Krejci the brain We need all those parts to remain a Stanley Cup winning team for the next 2 seasons ....

When are they going to sign him ???  Just read aa scaey article on RDS.ca that the habs are thinking of submitting an offer to Marchand ...they would love to have him with a habs jersey ........Cant wait for a long term contract to Brad...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: Why does it take so long to sign Marchand????????????

Yes $4 million is about right-- same as Lucic.  Even though he is worth more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Lol...he's not worth 4 million just yet.

He will get something in the 2.5-3 range

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It appears that they will have to pay him big. He did come through huge in the playoffs. And since I can remember, The Bruins (Sinden) wanted Playoff performers, then they gotta pay the guy. 

If I'm Marchand, I hold out as long as it takes. He's worth $4 mil / 4 yrs. 

Pisani any one.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Marchand wont get 4mill after 1 season. It took Lucic 3 years to get 4mill.  I would tend to agree with KrayzieJoe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

I'd say quadruple his salary from last season....so around 3 million to 3.5 should get it done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

4 million for a non-arbitration rights RFA? He has no leverage. I just don't see it. If he and his agent think he's a 4 million player, I'd imagine we'll see a contract wth 2.5-3 million and for short years. Then if he comes back in 2 years let's say, with 3 solid seasons under his belt, he'll get that and more. But not yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

How about $14MM for 4 years ....???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Out of interest cos I seriously don't know. What happens if they can't agree on terms? Does he have to accept the qualifying offer? No arbitration so the only way he'd move is through an offer sheet. Is that right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

Stanley, I think you just answered your own question. Because if the Bruins offered 14 Million for 4 years, Chia wouldn't even finish the sentence before Brad and his agent would scream "YESSSSS!!" It's probably taking this long because they're haggling the deal. 14 Million for his new contract isn't a good deal for the Bruins, it's only a good deal for Marchand. Again, he had a very good first season, but it's only one. 2-3 more and he'll get his payday. No need for the Bruins to overpay now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Marchand better sign in Boston or he will get the "phil the thrill" treatment everytime he comes here. Remember Johnny Damon?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If he gets 4m after only one season it's too much.
    Who's his agent ?
    I'm hoping it'll be in the 3m range.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I still say you will see an escalation: 3years  $3.0 then $3.5 then $4.0
    Cap hit of 3.5 and he is positioned to make at least 4 mil on next contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's taking so long because there's no good reason for it not to.

It's taking so long because a contract signed by an intoxicated person is not valid.

It's taking so long because the market changes with ever arbitration date that passes.

It's taking so long because no one has yet put down an offer sheet.

and on and on - basically it's taking so long because it's not a slam dunk, so it takes a while.  If he leaves for a huge payday in Mtl, well, good luck to him and to them.  More stable personalities than Marchand have bugged out in Habsville, and they've a Carey Price groin tear away from being a lottery team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Why does it take so long to sign Marchand????????????:
    [QUOTE]I dont like this ...Marchand has to be a Bruin forever ...he is the soul of our team ...Bergeron the heart , Chara the strenght and Thomas the engine, Krejci the brain We need all those parts to remain a Stanley Cup winning team for the next 2 seasons .... When are they going to sign him ???  Just read aa scaey article on RDS.ca that the habs are thinking of submitting an offer to Marchand ...they would love to have him with a habs jersey ........Cant wait for a long term contract to Brad... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley, can you post the link from RDS? I was on the site and couldn't find it anywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Maybe, what you get from Marchand on the ice is what you get from Marchand off the ice.  Perhaps he's being an "agitator" during these contract negotiations, and PC isn't enjoying the process much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I have read elsewhere that they are only stuck on number of years and not $$. It will get done.... no rush.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In '08-09, Parise racked up 45 goals and 49 assists.
    In '09-10, Parise racked up 38 goals and 44 assists.

He just signed one year, $6M.

Machand has played 97 regular season games and has 42 career points.

How does that translate into $4M?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Why does it take so long to sign Marchand????????????:
    [QUOTE]Maybe, what you get from Marchand on the ice is what you get from Marchand off the ice.  Perhaps he's being an "agitator" during these contract negotiations, and PC isn't enjoying the process much.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

PC punches back Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe, what you get from Marchand on the ice is what you get from Marchand off the ice.  Perhaps he's being an "agitator" during these contract negotiations, and PC isn't enjoying the process much.

Personalities will have nothing to do with it.  His agent ( I can't remember his name) is know as a tough negotiator.  Peter Chiarelli is a former Lawyer, and agent.  Silly to suggest it's between Brad and PC.  Sillier to suggest emotions would play into it at all. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does it take so long to sign Marchand???????????? : Personalities will have nothing to do with it.  His agent ( I can't remember his name) is know as a tough negotiator.  Peter Chiarelli is a former Lawyer, and agent.  Silly to suggest it's between Brad and PC.  Sillier to suggest emotions would play into it at all. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I agree that players and GMs rarely negotiate face-to-face, but certainly, the message would be sent through BM's agent.  PC sends an offer, BM says "that's crap".  Agent says to PC "my client is insulted by that offer". And so on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does it take so long to sign Marchand???????????? : I agree that players and GMs rarely negotiate face-to-face, but certainly, the message would be sent through BM's agent.  PC sends an offer, BM says "that's crap".  Agent says to PC "my client is insulted by that offer". And so on.

These negotiations go on all the time.  Given the parties involved it is less likely than ever that it would get in any way, shape, or form emotional.  I doubt Brad's agent would deliver such a line and I doubt even more Chiarelli would be in the slightest way affected by such "harsh" words.  These guys are pros.  It's a tough negotiation.  Period. 
    The only thing that could effect this is the offer sheet.  I agree with book...if it comes and it's outrageous, take the picks and start hoping for injuries. 
    Great line with drunks signing contracts...classic!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Hearing that now >Zach Parise has just signed will speed up talks with RAD, LOL.they do have the same  agent  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]How about $14MM for 4 years ....??? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I think that makes a lot of sense.  He is worth the money even though he has only one year under his belt - because he is an asset even when he isn't scoring.  He plays feisty,with heart and he is an agitator.  When he does score as well he is a very valuable player.  He has already shown he can perform in the clutch so the Bruins need to get this deal done.  $4 M is too high for a guy who has only played one year but they are going to need to be over $3 to get a longer term deal done.