Why does KDP even Report on the Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Why does KDP even Report on the Bruins?

Okay so I just listened for the first time to the KDP 10.0 comments on the Thorton incident. Maybe this has already been discussed. I know you have all bandied about the conversation of whether it was good or bad. But for Bruin's sake why is KDP so damn negative all the time. I am not stating my opinion on the incident becuase there are smarter pundits on here but please someone explain why KDP is a reporter for the Bruins. Thorton has never been fined and is a consumate stand up guy. Every time I see something from KDP it is negative. Can't he report the obituaries from now on. In my humble opinion he is sensationalist tool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Why does KDP even Report on the Bruins?

In response to Macfact's comment:

Okay so I just listened for the first time to the KDP 10.0 comments on the Thorton incident. Maybe this has already been discussed. I know you have all bandied about the conversation of whether it was good or bad. But for Bruin's sake why is KDP so damn negative all the time. I am not stating my opinion on the incident becuase there are smarter pundits on here but please someone explain why KDP is a reporter for the Bruins. Thorton has never been fined and is a consumate stand up guy. Every time I see something from KDP it is negative. Can't he report the obituaries from now on. In my humble opinion he is sensationalist tool.

Thats a great line.

He is negative though, I bet if he were still writing columns on Sundays he'd find a way to slam Joe Thornton every week.

Joe Thornton to KPD is what John Torteralla is to Larry Brooks. Even to this day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I thought Dupont had a pretty insightful comment  re officiating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Thats a great line.

He is negative though, I bet if he were still writing columns on Sundays he'd find a way to slam Joe Thornton every week.

Joe Thornton to KPD is what John Torteralla is to Larry Brooks. Even to this day.

He never warmed up to him while he was a Bruin?  Even during his 101 pt. season of 02/03?  Why the animosity?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Thats a great line.

He never warmed up to him while he was a Bruin?  Even during his 101 pt. season of 02/03?  Why the animosity?

RHO, If I remember correctly KPD was hard on him early in his career and Joes mother wrote him a letter or sent him an e-mail. Did anyone else hear or read about this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I feel like I am usually one of the few KPD supporters around here.  I'm getting tired of that.  Not because of Thornton, but because he just such a bitter guy and kind of a half-azzed journalist at this point of his career.  Loves Twitter, doesn't do much else.  90% of his content is complaining.  Surpising that after all of the lean years he has experienced with the Bruins he hasn't seemed at all enthusiastic about the level of hockey in that past few seasons.

Retire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I feel like I am usually one of the few KPD supporters around here.  I'm getting tired of that.  Not because of Thornton, but because he just such a bitter guy and kind of a half-azzed journalist at this point of his career.  Loves Twitter, doesn't do much else.  90% of his content is complaining.  Surpising that after all of the lean years he has experienced with the Bruins he hasn't seemed at all enthusiastic about the level of hockey in that past few seasons.

Retire.

I love that sentence, so true. It's like he still harbors ill feeling towards the organization for those lean years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Retire.

I love that sentence, so true. It's like he still harbors ill feeling towards the organization for those lean years.

Doesn't seem like he enjoys it one bit, kel.  Maybe that's the kicker.  A job we'd all love and he seems miserable doing it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

KPD is a bad hockey writer. He is actually a very good writer, but knows little to nothing about hockey and never did. Him being in the hall is shameful. Now he's just a troll. seriously. the guy needs to retire. he's very bad at his job. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes the semi-annual Dupont thread, not picking at you Mac. KPD did have time where he was a real good hockey writer, that has passed. I see him now like I see Gammons, just freakin cranky.

For Pete's sake the Globe had Dupont critiqing the Celtics new coach! HuH ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I surely do not mind insightful criticism but he does not even fake enthusiasm to be a Boston sport reporter. I would kill for that job. And for him it is just a chore. So sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RHO, If I remember correctly KPD was hard on him early in his career and Joes mother wrote him a letter or sent him an e-mail. Did anyone else hear or read about this?

I'm assuming in his view, Dupont suggested Thornton's early play should befit that of the overall Number 1 pick? Did the communique from his mother increase Dupont's dislike of Thornton or cause him to lay off a bit?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I surely do not mind insightful criticism but he does not even fake enthusiasm to be a Boston sport reporter. I would kill for that job. And for him it is just a chore. So sad.

No doubt he mails it in now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/nhl-voices-weigh-after-thorntons-ko-orpik

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

KPD is a bad hockey writer. He is actually a very good writer, but knows little to nothing about hockey and never did. Him being in the hall is shameful. Now he's just a troll. seriously. the guy needs to retire. he's very bad at his job. 

This is my favorite.  How many games do you think he's seen since he became a senior sports writer at the Globe in 1985?  In watching that many games, how many hockey conversations do you think he's had?  How many interviews?  In 28 years, I'm going to guess he picked up a few things.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

KPD projects a flat affect in his broadcasts with a seemingly condescend smirk.  IMO he knows no more of hockey than some of the posters on BDC.  Experience does given him credibility.  I might add his promoting of the trade of Joe Thornton is now borish.  He has been on the soap box of being against fighting for several years.  He like Gasper feel fighting is not a deterent to over the top aggressive hits.  Not one person has asked him if having fighting stops spearing, butt ending, and slashing apparent in European hockey.  IMO it does.  Fighting is overrated imo when it comes to motivating sluggish play.  Yet, Haggerty and Felger both feel it changes the play citing SThornton often.  Many of SThornton's fights though only ascerbate the Bruins poor play. Like Bobby Orr I believe fighting should remain in the game, it will be become less apparent as the speed and skill game is emphazized like it has in the last decade.   Improved officiating will also diminish fighting.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

So would I.

Unfortunately there is a trend among sport writers, let's just call it "fear-of-homerism", and KPD is a prime example.

• Sections
    Shortcuts