Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?

Ok, I would expect our hometown bruins "beat" writer who writes for a local paper, who's audiance is nothing but bruins fans, to show a little support for the home team.  But this guy is horible.  No wonder there is so much negativity.  According to him the Bruins may as well just quit. 

for example:  "The Bruins, now one giant step toward extinction in the Eastern Conference finals after Saturday night’s humbling 5-2 loss to Tampa Bay"  Then hearing the interview...."Tampa is a much better team than Boston." 

My god, even the tampa writers are giving the Bruins more respect than he does. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?

Fluto is the bruins beat writer for the globe, i believe KPD is categorized as the NHL beat writer 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Take it with a grain of salt. I saw him on the pregame show before the first game of the second round and he was basically saying the same thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

He just hates the style of place Julien's system encourages. He wants pretty stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?:
    [QUOTE]He just hates the style of place Julien's system encourages. He wants pretty stuff.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

I don't know...i remember he was always bashing Kessel and everyone was complaining that he was trying to run him out of town.  Kessel is just he type of player that had "pretty stuff." 

I just don't think he likes the bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Yea, you're right. After I posted the other things I was thinking about some of the stuff he's written about Sequin as well. Almost like he's a bust after only one year with such little ice time. Yea, I think he just hates the Bruins too. So I guess as you asked originally, why does he hate them? There's gotta be some solid documented reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Whats the big deal? Most national hockey media predicted tampa over us before the series started. Since KPD works for the globe you think he should predict the bruins and be a home pom pom waiver?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

On the other hand, should he take the popular stance of the national media?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]On the other hand, should he take the popular stance of the national media?

Imagine this:  The man has his own opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I agree, but has his opinion ever been correct? I can't really recall anything ORIGINAL he's ever written or said that was right and didn't seem to stem from some kind of jealous hatred.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Or for the sake of maintaining "integrity" should he predict against the Bruins just because he happens to write for the Globe?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The man is a hall of fame writer so someone must have thought he is ok. Again I don't care what his opinions are it doesn't affect me one way or the other. One mans opinion is the same as anothers or counts for as much. I don't think he should have to pick the bruins or think they are going to win to proove to me he knows about hockey just saying........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]Whats the big deal? Most national hockey media predicted tampa over us before the series started. Since KPD works for the globe you think he should predict the bruins and be a home pom pom waiver?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

How many articles have you seen him write about other teams in the Globe?  Fact is he bashes the Bruins every chance he gets. 

It has nothing to be about being a pom pom waiver...why not an article about what the bruins need to do to win...instead of saying the bruins are a "giant step away from extenction." 

KPD is not writing for a national publication...he is wrting for the BOSTON globe.  Reading him is like listening to montreal announcers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, but has his opinion ever been correct? I can't really recall anything ORIGINAL he's ever written or said that was right and didn't seem to stem from some kind of jealous hatred.

Jealous of what?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : How many articles have you seen him write about other teams in the Globe?  Fact is he bashes the Bruins every chance he gets.  It has nothing to be about being a pom pom waiver...why not an article about what the bruins need to do to win...instead of saying the bruins are a "giant step away from extenction."  KPD is not writing for a national publication...he is wrting for the BOSTON globe.  Reading him is like listening to montreal announcers.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I am sure his boss's at the globe will be glad to know you read his work even though you don't like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : Jealous of what?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, but you honestly don't get that feeling?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : I have no idea, but you honestly don't get that feeling?

I do not get the feeling that he's jealous of something that I don't know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : I do not get the feeling that he's jealous of something that I don't know.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

That's why I said seems like...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I get the feeling he is trying to create a stir among fans so he gets more readers which he does. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He did coin the phrase "magical Muscovite".That must be worth something.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Look, he is one of the great writers on the game.  I work in media (more in feature films) and was a professor on Media Writing forms:  in today's rapidly evolving, platform-shifting, immediacy of information digital age, eyeballs (as they are called in the internet world) are hugely important in the bottom line. So, if a writer for BDC writes something that might light a fire under the local fan's rear, it gets a reaction.  To his credit, KPD certainly got my attention with his headline and "lead."  And I'm sure bdc has the happy numbers to back that up. Don't just count the numbers of comments, but I guarantee you a lot of people read that piece.  Good for ads, good for the site. There are a lot of "bad" screenplays out there being made into movies.  The producers ARE smart enough to know a lot of what they do is mediocre, but they are also SMART enough to know what sells tickets, rents DVDs, and gets VOD orders.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Good point Ipot. Dupont's job is to help sell newspapers/advertising.Whether or not the reader is happy at the end of an article doesn't really enter into his equation. Personally, I don't read his stuff but to each his own.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I like KPD's writing.  Don't agree with everything he says...but I like his writing, and find he's on the money, more than he's off.  He's certainly not afraid to speak up.  Same can't be said for lawyers, weathermen, stockbrokers, politicians............the list goes on and on.
     A good journalist will write articles that stir emotion, as much as inform.  This is especially important in sports, where the bottom line is usually only opinion and BS anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's all about the benjamins, so sad. ever notice how news casts usually headline with. murder, rape and catastophe? same thing there. people are tools- in the truest sense of the word.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Perhaps KPD sees the same problems that so many, on this board, have complained about. Dump and Chase; play Thornton no matter what; play Ryder, yikes; Not play Seguin or Rask for long stretches;absolutely nowhere on PP[ how can any coaching staff, with the quality[ Bergeron, Chara, Kreji, Lucic, Horton,] not evolve a reasonably good PP]??? Add what you want, but ,just maybe, KPD is right.