Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?

He calls it as he sees it. You don't have to agree with his thoughts. Hes a hall of fame hockey writer.  No other hall of famers near the garden ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I really enjoy his writing and have for years, but he does tend to get a bit melodramatic when all eyes are watching. I don't think it's hate; I think he's trying to reflect the old regional tradition of being fatalists.

When I watch a game with my dad, I swear we're not watching the same team. One turnover in the first period and he has them losing the game "like they always do". KPD is simply reflecting this mentality.

We all know what it used to be like to be a Pats and Sox fan. Celtics fans have never truly felt that fatalism (unless you ask Pitino). The Bruins deliver the last sliver of tradition of what it means to be a New England sports fan. KPD is old-school that way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins?:
    [QUOTE]He calls it as he sees it. You don't have to agree with his thoughts. Hes a hall of fame hockey writer.  No other hall of famers near the garden ice.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    What's the deal with this hall of fame you guys keep talking about? Did Dupont win a Pulitzer or something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

He calls it as he sees because he only sees what he remembers...the past. Some say he's spot on, that's because he quotes history not a real look into the team at hand. He always refers to the past teams as a judge of the present team. That is LAZY writing. He may be in the "Hall of fame" but that is obviously way in the past. Look, he does not talk to the players one on one to get in depth reports, why? because they all know how negative and slanderous he is. They too see how negative he is and want no part of him. That I'm sure is part of why he is so negative towards the team. Sure he's reporting on a team that has not won a cup lately, but does he try to tell anyone how much harder winning the cup is than any other sport by far?? Does he pull the positive out and say they have a chance? If he does there is ALWAYS a backhanded slap that goes along with it( see; original thirty or Orr's not stepping on the ice). Yes he speaks up and stirs it up to gain readers, but the fact that NESN has had by far the best rating on a bruins game ( above all past sox games) says there is a hunger for this team and instead of feeding that hunger with a positive spin and real reports he dumps on the team, so is that the best way to bring in $? I think he has gone the way of Sinden and should get out before he tells us after they win the cup some day, how lucky the B's were and did not earn it or have talent of the '70's teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sparky, the only players that are talking are Thornton [ great mind ? just wind him up] ; Ference[ always different]; plus whoever is selected, like Bergeron or Seidenberg, and they won't really provide anything controversial

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

KPD is an idiot when it comes to hockey, but an entertaining writer.  His suggestion that the Bruins trade for Lecavialier after he had shoulder surgery and signed a gigantic 10-year huge money contract till he's 40 was just ridiculous.  And that wasn't his worst fix-it solution for the Bruins.  He hates the way Julien coaches because he likes old-school hockey, but doesn't realize that defensive coaches have been winning the cup since 95. He also hates CJ because Claude won't give controversial quotes or criticize players in the media, which gives KPD nothing to write about.  But I think the fact that there is a thread here about KPD and not about Fluto sums it up.  I would rather read Kevin's stuff even if it's annoying because it is entertaining, and that's why he is in the hockey hall of fame.  But don't get me started on 'Jumbo' Joe Thornton, the worst nickname ever...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]I really enjoy his writing and have for years, but he does tend to get a bit melodramatic when all eyes are watching. I don't think it's hate; I think he's trying to reflect the old regional tradition of being fatalists. When I watch a game with my dad, I swear we're not watching the same team. One turnover in the first period and he has them losing the game "like they always do". KPD is simply reflecting this mentality. We all know what it used to be like to be a Pats and Sox fan. Celtics fans have never truly felt that fatalism (unless you ask Pitino). The Bruins deliver the last sliver of tradition of what it means to be a New England sports fan. KPD is old-school that way.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Nicely said...point taken.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : Imagine this:  The man has his own opinion.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Says the man himself....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

KPD certainly doesnt like Joey T..Even in an article this past sunday about how well he has played he threw in some jabs..I'd like to see his column be more about trades,behind the scenes stuff,impending FA's, quotes from G.M's,Scouts etc...Larry brooks Sunday column used to be like that now its more about him and his disdain for Torterella..Peter Gammons sunday baseball notes in the globe should be the model for all sports writers sunday notes columns..i used to get the globe for that alone. KPD is a good writer, but a notes column is not a place to settle old scores.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]He did coin the phrase "magical Muscovite".That must be worth something.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

And "Jumbo Joe".

And "The Hub of Hockey".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : What's the deal with this hall of fame you guys keep talking about? Did Dupont win a Pulitzer or something?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

From his Globe bio:  In 2002, Dupont was inducted in the Hockey Hall of Fame's media division as an Elmer Ferguson Award winner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : From his Globe bio:  In 2002, Dupont was inducted in the Hockey Hall of Fame's media division as an Elmer Ferguson Award winner.
    Thanks Nas, I was unaware. Good for him to make the hall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : Thanks Nas, I was unaware. Good for him to make the hall.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And now you can see the overall comedy of those that say he doens't know hockey and that he's a poor writer.

Might as well throw in Jari Kurri being a bad shot...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : And now you can see the overall comedy of those that say he doens't know hockey and that he's a poor writer. Might as well throw in Jari Kurri being a bad shot...
    I see your point(obviously he can write) but,as I said earlier,to each his own.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why does KPD Hate the Bruins? : And now you can see the overall comedy of those that say he doens't know hockey and that he's a poor writer. Might as well throw in Jari Kurri being a bad shot...

Dupont, is that you?

Just kidding...

Or am I?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

An Elmer Fudd award winner, how cool, he must be a wascally wabbitt.

Don't read him unless he has been linked here and then not much, I certainly do not recall last time, he never had anything pertinent for me, so I let him go. Then again I think he could be the Greattroll himself.

I like insight not incite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

got it, everyone is entitled to their opinion. but, doesn't he just perpetuate this sense of gloom and doom that exists in new england, regarding the b's?  just because you are knowledgeable, and award winning- doesn't mean you're not a fair weather fan.  his articles after 2-0 down to montreal looked a whole lot like TTBI's(sorry to bring it up,trying to state a point). they look a whole lot like it now(down 1-0)! journalists are not judged by what they write about, but how well they write it(use of literary devices). ever notice it's the other writers who do most columns when they are winning, he saves his best for the shock factor- throw everyone under the bus, losses. but, you have to admit, he does it well?   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I only hate when he chooses a player he will crap on .
    I also think he's one of the posters on this forum.  Guess who ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I only hate when he chooses a player he will crap on . I also think he's one of the posters on this forum.  Guess who ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

greatseason?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i got this one.....he's bi-polar, and his alter-ego is stanley!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What's funny is Dupont gets threads dedicated to him he must smile from ear to ear and he does read the comments made on his Sunday NHL Notes because I've seen him reply the man revel's in it. On some subjects he's a great writer on other subjects it's repetitive drivel.

Sections
Shortcuts