Why everybody but Joe Morrow ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Why everybody but Joe Morrow ???

Is there a reason why all Providence defensemen have been recalled, except Joe Morrow ?? He has NHL experience, he his a first rounder, he's supposed to be a top prospect, isn't he ?

So, I know Kevan Miller has been good, I'm OK with that, but, is there a problem with Morrow ? Is he under-performing in Providence ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Re: Why everybody but Joe Morrow ???

In response to Remi72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a reason why all Providence defensemen have been recalled, except Joe Morrow ?? He has NHL experience, he his a first rounder, he's supposed to be a top prospect, isn't he ?

So, I know Kevan Miller has been good, I'm OK with that, but, is there a problem with Morrow ? Is he under-performing in Providence ?

[/QUOTE]

I've asked myself that same question but haven't seen him play enough to find and answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe thats why he's been traded twice? I don't know but obviously d-men in Pitt and Dallas passed him on their depth chart so he was deemed expendable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I swear I remember this as being something counted in his favor, but I can't find anywhere online an indication that he's played an NHL game.

As for his not being called up yet, part of it was that he got hurt earlier in the season when it seemed he could be the next guy up.  Now?  I don't know.  If the blueline continues to be thin, perhaps when Chara heads to Sochi, he's bound to get his chance at the NHL eventually.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Warsofsky and Trotman are in the last year of their EL contracts so a decision about what the Bruins want to do them has to be made fairly soon. Include them in a deadline deal, which a request to see them in the NHL would follow. Or re-sign them for a year to keep developing them.

At the time of Warsofsky's emergency call up Morrow was just coming back from a wrist injury or I believe Joe would have been called up. Also Morrow is signed until the end of 2016 so Chiarelli has plenty of time to make a decision on him.

Because the Bruins already had Hamilton, Krug and Bartkowski up in Boston. Chiarelli probably didn't really think he needed another offensive minded defenseman with Trotman and Miller playing well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Well here's the thing, he's played exactly 0 NHL games. For god sake he's a second year pro. Let the kid develop a bit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think Julien commented about trying to bring guys up to match the skill set of who is lost.

McQuaid or Boychuck going out would warrant more of a Miller/Trotman replacement.  If Krug goes down, then Warsofsky comes up.

Also agree with the contract/timeing stuff as well.  When he came in the trade, I don't think I ever read that he was expected to come up this year.  I think they want to fully develop him on the farm and get his defensive game and confidence up before exposing him to the NHL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe thats why he's been traded twice? I don't know but obviously d-men in Pitt and Dallas passed him on their depth chart so he was deemed expendable.

[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly disagree with this line of thinking. Good players get traded you know. Teams even occasionally trade players they like. He got traded along with a 5th for Brendan morrow and a 3rd. The stars traded their captain and a pick for a first year pro. Then they traded him for Tyler seguin. It's beyond lunacy to hold that against him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I think somehow this story, when told and retold after he was acquired, added some actual NHL  experience:

2011-12: Morrow was so impressive in his first training camp with the Pittsburgh Penguins that he almost made the NHL roster out of training camp. However, concerned over a possible lack of ice time, the Penguins re-assigned the defensemen to the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL.  (Hockeysfuture.com)

Plan, as I recall, was to work on his defensive game.  So far, only Tommy Cross has a worse +/- on the team.  Brutal...but I guess he's really third worst if you count Miller's -5.

Offensively, he lead Providence D in scoring.  Warsofsky's three points behind in 4 fewer games, so it's not by a landslide, but still.

In the end, though, the only thing I think you need to add to SanDog's list of factors is: seniority.  Trotman, Miller and Warsofsky have been paying dues in the AHL for a long time.  They've proven they know the system.  Can't underestimate how careful this Bruins regime has been in respecting players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From the Providence games that I saw, for defenseman who showed me a "flash of brilliance" on offense about 4-5 times was Morrow - no other defenseman did.  Smart plays and accurate sho t from the point.  Problem was/is - not outstanding otherwise.  A worthwhile project with a potential for a big upside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Thanks everybody for the infos !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From the Providence games that I saw, for defenseman who showed me a "flash of brilliance" on offense about 4-5 times was Morrow - no other defenseman did.  Smart plays and accurate sho t from the point.  Problem was/is - not outstanding otherwise.  A worthwhile project with a potential for a big upside.

[/QUOTE]

The games I went to, Warsofsky stood out. To be quick, he looked like an NHL player playing in the AHL. Morrow was injured when I went to the games, so I'll rely on your scouting report. What did you think of Warsoflsky?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The games I went to, Warsofsky stood out. To be quick, he looked like an NHL player playing in the AHL. Morrow was injured when I went to the games, so I'll rely on your scouting report. What did you think of Warsoflsky?

[/QUOTE]

They all looked solid stay at home defensemen, except for Youds who is ahl rookie type and Cross and Moore who look like career AHL guys.  Morrow was the one who struck me as having the offensive splash.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruin4evr. Show bruin4evr's posts

At the start of the year it was reported that the Bruins wanted Morrow to play at least one year in Providence to get more Pro experience. I beleive the Bruins do a good job of developing their young defencemen before they are rushed to the NHL, Morrow has less AHL games in then the ones that have been recalled. This is the best for Morrow, and when he gets to the Bruins it will show.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I think Julien commented about trying to bring guys up to match the skill set of who is lost.

McQuaid or Boychuck going out would warrant more of a Miller/Trotman replacement.  If Krug goes down, then Warsofsky comes up.

& if Hamilton went down?     sorry just had to follow up that comment, one thing for sure is the B,s have a boatload of talented D men. The games ive seen in Providence I think Mike Moore stood out. First game I went to I noticed him wearing the C & had no clue who he was. Kinda a Miller clone with alittle more O but tough as nails, very impressed by him. A career minor leaguer with 6 NHL games with the Ducks but looked good.

Sections
Shortcuts