Why Ference.......Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why Ference.......Why?

Look, I get why he'd want to call out Torres for being a dirty player but I really wish he didn't call out Shanny for failing to review the hit he received from Torres. I just can't see anything good coming from questioning league rulings and let's face it, the Bruins have been treated pretty fairly this year (to say the least). I'd like to think that Shanahan is able to let things roll off his back and rule on every case fairly but now I fear the next time a Bruin is facing a ruling, the hammer might come down. Sure, I'm vindictive but if I'm Shanny, that's what I'd do. If I were him I'd be saying "all right, I've had numerous Bruin related hearings this year and have been fair to the point of being accused of being involved in a league-wide Bruins conspiracy yet now that I've failed to have a hearing over a hit on one of you (that didn't even cause an injury) you go crying to the media about it?"
     I just don't get the logic behind it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20220103headlinegoes_ference_knows_of_torres_rep/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

Re: Why Ference.......Why?

it's ference's fault for having integrity and not flopping after the play. 

looch hits a guy, he acts dead, and the cat makes it back for his next shift on the 5 min pp. 

shanny blew it and i'm glad af said something.  af ain't one to keep his mouth shut (remember him calling out paille last year?) and nor should he.  there is a reason why he's wearing an A.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why Ference.......Why?:
    [QUOTE]it's ference's fault for having integrity and not flopping after the play.  looch hits a guy, he acts dead, and the cat makes it back for his next shift on the 5 min pp.  shanny blew it and i'm glad af said something.  af ain't one to keep his mouth shut (remember him calling out paille last year?) and nor should he.  there is a reason why he's wearing an A.   
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]
    Karl, I just don't see the good in doing it. I really didn't think he needed to point out that "even the ref said Shanny would look at it". Yes, Ference is a pretty honest player but sometimes saying nothing works even better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

First off, I agree, and I am a big Ference fan.  My distinct preference would be to let Vancouver and Montreal do the whining and complaining (and consipracy witch hunts), while the Bruins just take care of business.  Ference should have just stuck to the company line and accepted the league's ruling.

On the other hand (I'm too indecisice to have just one opinion):
    1. Ference is probably right, whether anybody cares or not.  I'm really not sure why a direct hit to the head, targeted no less, from a repeat offender, would not even be reviewed by the league.

2. I wasn't the one hit in the head.  If I was, I might be as upset as Ference.

3. Ference and the Bruins have still acted with more integrity than many others with this situation.  He got up, he didn't pretend to have a concussion (ahem, Ryan M.), and he didn't lobby the media or the league until asked about it well after the ruling.  Chiarelli didn't go all Mike Gillis and and act like the bitter fat girl who nobody likes.

All that said, I prefer the Bill Belichick management of the media.  Ference should not be saying anything that could affect the team down the road.  I bet Chiarelli is making that point right about now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Well said Fletch...in lays the conundrum I have been preaching...This slippery slope of head shots. But the door is open if you complain so best to keep your mouth shut and let the league deal with it. There have been so many head shots if one is missed so be it. Let it go. Karma is a bit ch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Bruins have been treated fairly well since Savard went down and I just don't see how complaining helps in this situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I guess Ference has the right to say whatever he wants.  But his play-non play on Halpren burned me as well, especially after taking a team mate to task earlier in the year.  And the finger play.  And Ference is a decent fighter when taking on his own class.  AM did his job to perfection in that case.
    And I have been giving it Torres.  But the very last person on this team(well maybe outside Marchand and Lucic) is AF. 
    I think his play last year is a very isolated thing for him.   But he is no freaking angel. 
    Some players have filters....some don't.  AF doesnt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I also think sometimes NHLPA reps think they should be making waves a bit as a player representative. Some don't say a word except in player only meetings this is not AF which is one of the attributes I like about him, you take the good with the bad.

Player A felt that player B, who has a history of edgy suspendable play, should have at least had a phone hearing. Which leaves me to believe that AF is still ticked that he even had a disciplinary talking too for the Halpern play. Ference will have allot to say when Fehr asks him for input on what should be in the CBA or not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Fcuk Shanahan and his BS discipline. McQuaid looked after this issue in a much more effective way. I loved what Adam did to Torres the Dorkes. That's Bruin justice. Screw Shanny. We took care of business the Bruin way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Ferrence is a dink.  I could never really stand him on or off the ice but last year he played so well I had no choice but to stop complaining about him.  He does stick  up for his teammates which is good, but he's still a dink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Ference has always been pretty honest in interviews. I wouldn't read too much into this. Quaider took care of business at the time and as long as the Bs continue to show they won't be pushed around that's fine. Obviously it'd be better not to have players pulling that sort of crap but Torres will get his soon enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seems like Ference is voicing the frustration of the players that they do not know what is "reveiwable", let alone what is "suspendable".  Ference has been pretty consistent on sharing his views on the topic, he took alot of heat in this forum after his Paille hit comments, so at least there is some balance. 

Shanahan is losing ground here, on what started out to be a revolutionary video explanation process.  Things are evolving into inconsistent decision making and punishment criteria that is starting to look alot like like the old regime. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]it's ference's fault for having integrity and not flopping after the play.  looch hits a guy, he acts dead, and the cat makes it back for his next shift on the 5 min pp.  shanny blew it and i'm glad af said something.  af ain't one to keep his mouth shut (remember him calling out paille last year?) and nor should he.  there is a reason why he's wearing an A.   
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

Exactly...Torres is a dirtbag who blatantly targeted the head with intent. It is the exact kind of play that this league and Shanahan preach about eliminating. They have now revealed themselves to the joke that they have always been. It's absurd to get this one wrong, and good for AF for calling them out- they deserve it for being such fools.

If that hit was made on "sidney" he would have layed on the ice, limped to the bench, and stayed out for 6 mos..... and Torres would have been dealt with harshly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Ference.......Why? : Exactly...Torres is a dirtbag who blatantly targeted the head with intent. It is the exact kind of play that this league and Shanahan preach about eliminating. They have now revealed themselves to the joke that they have always been. It's absurd to get this one wrong, and good for AF for calling them out- they deserve it for being such fools. If that hit was made on "sidney" he would have layed on the ice, limped to the bench, and stayed out for 6 mos..... and Torres would have been dealt with harshly.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Yup - I totally agree with this... I'm sure AF just finished watching the video of the 'hit' and was steamed.  The forward taking out the d-man instead of going after the puck has always bugged me as a chicken play... but using your shoulder as a weapon to drive into the d-mans jaw takes it to another level.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I agree in most cases shut up and let the judge have his say. This Shanny rookie season as the NHL DA so far he been putting the axe down and trying to send a message. It is similar for us at work new young kid fresh out college with a mngt. degrees trying tell me a union blue collar worker that i am new kid here. I turn my head and laugh, say to myself :" new kid trying to prove he his worthy here." The new kid is just trying to impress the head boss.

Sometimes we need to think before we react to a situation. If I get pull over for speeding, the last thing I will do is start getting cocky or arrogant to the cop.Wait for his question first then give the answer that is most suitable. If the cop is having a good day or likes the answer he will let you off.

If you think you are being mistreated their other alternatives. a persons mouth can do more damage then a sword.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It would be one thing if the league gave Peter and Andrew an explanation as to why they were not going to review the play, but to not say anything is b*llsnit!  Ference was justified in making the comments that he did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It would be one thing if the league gave Peter and Andrew an explanation as to why they were not going to review the play, but to not say anything is b*llsnit!  Ference was justified in making the comments that he did.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Mean, I agree he was justified but I can't see the positive in this. It's not like Shanny will make it up to him later but he could very well get him back for it at a later date. That's my only issue with his comments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Ference.......Why? : Mean, I agree he was justified but I can't see the positive in this. It's not like Shanny will make it up to him later but he could very well get him back for it at a later date. That's my only issue with his comments.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I agree Dez. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet. AF is a great teammate, but he may have hurt the team down the road on this one. I appreciate his forwardness & it's all well & good to bark at city hall, but when city hall has the power to bite; the bark may not have been a good idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Maybe Shanny thought the rearrangement of Torres' ugly mug by McQuaid was a more suitable punishment than just lightening RT's wallet. Ask Torts about criticizing the "integrity" of the league. The officiating is pedestrian at best and no one is allowed to question it. Reviewing ALL head hits with an explanation to the players and their teams should be the standard followed here. Good for AF

Sections
Shortcuts