Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!

Three of B's top 5 players in playoffs were all coming from Quebec Junior League, all drafted around 2003 to 2006 (Bergeron - Krecji - Marchand)

They signed Ryder (coming from Habs) who also contributed significantly in the Cup run (remember his... save in Mtl, but also his overtime goal in game 4 at Bell Centre)

Steve Begin was traded from Montreal to Dallas (2 seasons ago) and nobody in Montreal understood that trade. Then what team was really happy to sign a player who was "putting his balls on the table" every single game ? (while too many players were playing this way only every 5 games in Montreal)

Now Pouliot... nothing done yet and this guy will be  a "work in progress" for CJ... but a lot of Habs fans are wondering if Pouliot would score 20-25 goals in Boston this season

Not included: Chara who has been booed in Montreal ever since he was wearing a Sens jersey.

Et voilà !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!

Looks like Benoit is working out pretty hard in the offseason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnMiq_F88c

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

so your saying it wasnt a rivalry until Steve Begin donned the spoked B?

Please start the season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Uh huh... nothing to do with the 711 regular season games we've played against each other, or the 33 playoff series, 8 game sevens, 7 Stanley Cup Finals, the Richard Riot, and the thousand odd fights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

We hated the Habs and they hated us enough already, but the Chara/Puke-oretty incident really put a nice touch on things, I thought. Well done, Zdeno. Please try to bag a few more of them this season, LOL!  

HABSEATDUNG!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!:
    Uh huh... nothing to do with the 711 regular season games we've played against each other, or the 33 playoff series, 8 game sevens, 7 Stanley Cup Finals, the Richard Riot, and the thousand odd fights.
    Posted by red75

Ya, the majority of us weren't even born when the two teams started their hate on for each other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!:
    Three of B's top 5 players in playoffs were all coming from Quebec Junior League, all drafted around 2003 to 2006 (Bergeron - Krecji - Marchand) They signed Ryder (coming from Habs) who also contributed significantly in the Cup run (remember his... save in Mtl, but also his overtime goal in game 4 at Bell Centre) Steve Begin was traded from Montreal to Dallas (2 seasons ago) and nobody in Montreal understood that trade. Then what team was really happy to sign a player who was "putting his balls on the table" every single game ? (while too many players were playing this way only every 5 games in Montreal) Now Pouliot... nothing done yet and this guy will be  a "work in progress" for CJ... but a lot of Habs fans are wondering if Pouliot would score 20-25 goals in Boston this season Not included: Chara who has been booed in Montreal ever since he was wearing a Sens jersey. Et voilà !!!
    Posted by Bruinsforever

Your nutz, i have met guys who hate the Bruins cuz of Mclarens' hit to Orr playing in the USA.  Basically it breaks down to two different countries, two different languages, two different style of play and a MASSIVE history!  Best Rivalry in North America and I don't care what ESPN says.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I have no scientific proof of this, but most Habs fans I know from or have encountered in Canada consider the Leafs the Canadiens main rival. The Bruins winning the Cup and some of the contentiousness of last season may have changed that, but overall, Boston was a distant second.

However, I think most (intelligent) Habs fans have more respect for the Bruins franchise than they do doe the Leafs. Sure, you get some of the dopey "Bruins r dirty!" fools (the same way you have some Bruins-supporting-morons who think every penalty called against the Habs is a "OMG TEH DIVE!!!!!!") but for the most part, these seems to be a respect for the way the Bruins organization and especially some of their iconic players, even before the Cup was won.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have no scientific proof of this, but most Habs fans I know from or have encountered in Canada consider the Leafs the Canadiens main rival. The Bruins winning the Cup and some of the contentiousness of last season may have changed that, but overall, Boston was a distant second. However, I think most (intelligent) Habs fans have more respect for the Bruins franchise than they do doe the Leafs. Sure, you get some of the dopey "Bruins r dirty!" fools (the same way you have some Bruins-supporting-morons who think every penalty called against the Habs is a "OMG TEH DIVE!!!!!!") but for the most part, these seems to be a respect for the way the Bruins organization and especially some of their iconic players, even before the Cup was won.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Agreed and vice versa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I think not selecting Patrice Bergeron stings the most.  The Habs had the pick just before Boston, I believe.  And they selected BEN MAXWELL.  Who was shipped to Atlanta late last season.  Now a Jet.  Soon a Has-been.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think not selecting Patrice Bergeron stings the most.  The Habs had the pick just before Boston, I believe.  And they selected BEN MAXWELL.  Who was shipped to Atlanta late last season.  Now a Jet.  Soon a Has-been.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

Habs selected a center named Cory Urquhart with the 40th pick. Bergeron went 45th. I bet the Habs also wish they snagged Shea Weber who went 49th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! : Your nutz, i have met guys who hate the Bruins cuz of Mclarens' hit to Orr playing in the USA.  Basically it breaks down to two different countries, two different languages, two different style of play and a MASSIVE history!  Best Rivalry in North America and I don't care what ESPN says.
    Posted by bluefox70

I think you are referring to the 2002 hit of Kyle McLaren on Richard Zednik, who was carried off on a stretcher, unconscious.  McLaren "clotheslined" Zednik, hooking his arm around Zednik's head as they met on open ice, and snapping his head back so sharply it looked like it could have broken his neck.  It was undoubtedly one of the dirtiest hits ever in hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! : I think you are referring to the 2002 hit of Kyle McLaren on Richard Zednik, who was carried off on a stretcher, unconscious.  McLaren "clotheslined" Zednik, hooking his arm around Zednik's head as they met on open ice, and snapping his head back so sharply it looked like it could have broken his neck.  It was undoubtedly one of the dirtiest hits ever in hockey.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Quite possibly the worst description of that play yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! : Quite possibly the worst description of that play yet.
    Posted by kelvana33

Agreed,
    Zednik tripped on the face off circle and McLaren tried to cusion his fall with his forearm. These Hab fans are sooo damned blind!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

McLaren-Zednik, in the entire history of the Bruins and Shabs, is a toe wart.  It's nothing.  Zednik made an ill-advised, high-risk attempt to score a cosmetic goal in a game that was over.  McLaren, as I would have wanted, moved to light him up.  He missed, put arm out, and the tricep smoked Zednik in the head.  Not a good hit - the result of a guy taking the wrong angle attempting a good hit - but not "one of the dirtiest hits ever".  It wouldn't have made the top ten in 1976-77.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! : Agreed, Zednik tripped on the face off circle and McLaren tried to cusion his fall with his forearm. These Hab fans are sooo damned blind!!!
    Posted by Canadien175

It's 15 minutes later, and I am still LMAO. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In my experience with most schab fans, they never hated the Bruins. It was more of them having to dealing with an annoying, younger brother. But now that the younger brother has grown up, and is much bigger, stronger, faster, tougher, and beats on them on a regular basis, they might be starting to get a serious hate on. LOVE IT!!!!

Over the last 23 years and 11 Playoff series between the 2 teams, the Bruins have won 7 to 4. That is domination in my book.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Maybe because the Bruins have won 7 or their last 11 playoff series?  Maybe because Habs fans still live constantly in the past?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a generational thing in this - pre 1970, the Leafs were the second-most successful franchise.  In fact, since the Leafs last won...anything...the Shabs have 10 Stanley Cups.  When the Leafs won in 1967, it brought them within a single championship of tying the Shabs for most in league history.

Since then, though, I think the Bruins have become well-established as the bete noir of Shab fans.  For the first half of that stretch, the Bruins had to shake off the Shab domination of them in the playoffs.  Then they did, and for the last 23 years, the Bruins have managed the Shabs more often than not.

Chances are, a Shab fan over 50 hates the Leafs more than the Bruins.  Under 50, odds are the Bruins are most hated.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looks like Benoit is working out pretty hard in the offseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnMiq_F88c
    Posted by BadHabitude

I like what I see from Pouliot ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

McLaren-Zednik, in the entire history of the Bruins and Shabs, is a toe wart.  It's nothing.  Zednik made an ill-advised, high-risk attempt to score a cosmetic goal in a game that was over.  McLaren, as I would have wanted, moved to light him up.  He missed, put arm out, and the tricep smoked Zednik in the head.  Not a good hit - the result of a guy taking the wrong angle attempting a good hit - but not "one of the dirtiest hits ever".  It wouldn't have made the top ten in 1976-77.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Ha! Thanks for the chuckle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

One reason is because until the Bruins won a series in the late 1980's, Montreal could always count on a playoff series win versus Boston even if Montreal wasn't that great of a team.  Now that has changed, along with Boston winning a Game 7 versus Montreal on the way to a Cup win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

let them hate we have the cup and we beat them on the way to get that cup

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Posted by Bookboy007

Zednik was skating in on his wing with 1:17 left.   Since when do players give up even when down by 3 goals with a minute left?  Should he have just stood along the boards waiting for the clock to run out?  Zednik was making a normal attack.  McLaren missed timing on a direct hit and so put his arm up, clotheslining Zednik and snapping his head back dangerously.  It is the kind of hit that is being singled out now as being highly dangerous and deserving extended suspension.  The league has finally awakened.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

nbc & vs are fools for not broadcasting every b's-turtles regular season game. 

Sections
Shortcuts