Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238      Zednik was skating in on his wing with 1:17 left.   Since when do players give up even when down by 3 goals with a minute left?  Should he have just stood along the boards waiting for the clock to run out?  Zednik was making a normal attack.  McLaren missed timing on a direct hit and so put his arm up, clotheslining Zednik and snapping his head back dangerously.  It is the kind of hit that is being singled out now as being highly dangerous and deserving extended suspension.  The league has finally awakened.    
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

It was a reactionary hit that went bad. There was no premeditated intent to injure. It was too bad Zednik got hurt. The hit was nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. I've never seen this hit cited as an example of the kind the league is trying to get rid of.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! :. The hit was nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. I've never seen this hit cited as an example of the kind the league is trying to get rid of.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It happened 9 years ago. Obviously, there are more recent examples of these kind of hits that can be (and are) cited that are more fresh in people's minds. Had it happened this year or the last year, I think you'd have seen it be part of the discussion.

I don't think McLaren was a dirty player, any more than I think Randy Jones is  a dirty player (as opposed to Matt Cooke, who used to be* 100% dirty). But both  guys' hits were far beyond the boundaries of acceptable hits, and both have no place in the game.

(*Now that he's been to counseling, he'll surely be a Lady Byng candidate.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why Habs fans really hate the B's!!!! : It happened 9 years ago. Obviously, there are more recent examples of these kind of hits that can be (and are) cited that are more fresh in people's minds. Had it happened this year or the last year, I think you'd have seen it be part of the discussion. I don't think McLaren was a dirty player, any more than I think Randy Jones is  a dirty player (as opposed to Matt Cooke, who used to be* 100% dirty). But both  guys' hits were far beyond the boundaries of acceptable hits, and both have no place in the game. (*Now that he's been to counseling, he'll surely be a Lady Byng candidate.)
    Posted by Kennedy97

No arguments about either play. I was simply taking exception to the poster claiming it was one of the dirtiest plays ever. As you said, McLaren played a fairly honest game but he did cross the line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

hal gill from right here in concord played a clean game for a big man and even nutralized jarimir jager in his prime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

hal gill from right here in concord played a clean game for a big man and even nutralized jarimir jager in his prime.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Don't you mean: "hal gill from right here in concord played a clean game for a big man and even nutralized jarimir jager in his prime..... And Ye old winesock is gone"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hal Gill was a master of clutch and grab and that's how he neutralized Jagr back in his old Bruins days.  When the rules changed, he did too.  He has done quite well with the Pens and Habs.

Sections
Shortcuts