Why Hasn't Marchand Been Traded?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Why Hasn't Marchand Been Traded?

Good Question.

Answer: All the GM's realize PC's nuts are in between the vice and are holding out.

PC's Stance: Hang on until sometime before the X-Mas grace period. At which time the a few other GM's will also has their nuts in between the vice and a deal could be struck on common ground.

It all comes down to the nuts.

Man, this is the most boring off-season in quite a while.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Why Hasn't Marchand Been Traded?

The bruins don't want to trade him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I know they don't want to trade him.

But look at the roster and look at the Cap. They can't work with $68 mill Cap. They need a Cap of $82 mil, and that is not happening this year, next year or the year after that.

I think there will be an exodus of at least six players on the current roster who may not be here for the 2015-16 season. No way around it.

The secret is to trade a few pieces to minimize the damage. Hopefully what it gotten in return works out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

With the new TV deal added to HRR next year, the cap is anticipated to go to $76M.

If that happens, the Bruins will have nearly $30M in Cap not including the Savard LTIR option.

$34M is almost as much as the first Cap, but you can't just keep giving the same group cost of living increases indefinitely.  If you look at the situation for next year, the issue isn't what to pay Krejci, Soderberg, Campbell, Paille, Boychuk, McQuaid and Bartkowski.  It's that they're all UFAs, meaning they're all 27 or older.  Time to move on.  Trading one of the younger players on a friendly deal in order to keep guys who will be in their mid thirties by the time their next deals end is not a winning solution.  They would be smarter to simply let priced out bottom half players like Campbell and McQuaid walk if it comes to it. 

If there is to be a trade, though, the timing of it has nothing to do with nutvices.  I think every team in the league is looking at where they're at right now and probably waiting until camp before they make moves.  Need to see who among the prospects might make acquiring a Marchand unnecessary.

I was listening to talking heads the other day saying that, in Detroit, Babcock may want Alfredsson back, but management may not see any reason to give that ice time to a geezer when he's not going to make a difference in whether they win a Cup or not this year.  Playing Tatar more, or Sheahan, and having them grow exponentially might.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I think I was more well rounded in my profession at 29 than 25. Translation: maturity is either waning or waxing. I think Marchand needs to improve his game. If he does not then he would be trade bait at the trade deadline. I doubt it though .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I think I was more well rounded in my profession at 29 than 25. Translation: maturity is either waning or waxing. I think Marchand needs to improve his game. If he does not then he would be trade bait at the trade deadline. I doubt it though .

Me thinks it is a big year for him in any case...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I know they don't want to trade him.

But look at the roster and look at the Cap. They can't work with $68 mill Cap. They need a Cap of $82 mil, and that is not happening this year, next year or the year after that.

I think there will be an exodus of at least six players on the current roster who may not be here for the 2015-16 season. No way around it.

The secret is to trade a few pieces to minimize the damage. Hopefully what it gotten in return works out.

No way around it? Really? They let boychuk go and trust a young d to play 20 minutes. There. Done

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Not the biggest Marchand fan but see where he fits in both on & off ice with the B,s Its a good fit! The scariest thing I've seen was a picture of him in the ice bucket? Thread & he did not look in any kind of shape, almost with a belly, at 25 26?  That's not good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

Not the biggest Marchand fan but see where he fits in both on & off ice with the B,s Its a good fit! The scariest thing I've seen was a picture of him in the ice bucket? Thread & he did not look in any kind of shape, almost with a belly, at 25 26?  That's not good

Works for Kessel..kind of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Works for Kessel..kind of.

Yeah, guess it does?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Marchy is a firm believer in the mid 70's Derek Sanderson off season workout regimen, 2 packs a day, 12 beer, 26'er of rye,a few lines & a couple of broads. Marchy will use the pre season to get in shape,he'll be rarin' to go !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Is this another "Trade X" and "Salary Cap" thread?
    WTFark.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I thought Marchand was "already spoken for" Wheat.

What happened to your insider info?

Or, should I say "Insiderr" info.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

QUOTE]

Still trying to play the Marchand should/will be dealt card........eh Wheat ?

Psssssssssss..........that ship has sunk.

P.S. $82M ? Being an accountant, a person would think your number skills would be a bit better. 

Find a new calculator.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

No need to worry about Marchand being in shape, the kid works hard.  As I have said before, looks like Brad is the new 22.  

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/8/24/4654618/notice-to-the-national-hockey-league-brad-marchand-is-ready-for-you

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont think its a secret for PC,

Plan A training camp expectaions, as in spooner and company to be ready, if so no trades.

Plan B Give it a month or 2 into the season before making any trade decisions.

Trade rumours, yup marchand and boyckul always comes up because there the most wanted and will give a decent return.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

QUOTE]

Still trying to play the Marchand should/will be dealt card........eh Wheat ?

Psssssssssss..........that ship has sunk.

P.S. $82M ? Being an accountant, a person would think your number skills would be a bit better. 

Find a new calculator.

You are so kind, as usual. I'm underwhelmed.

Calculator? Me use a calculator: surely you jest.

Try to have yourself a fine day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I thought Marchand was "already spoken for" Wheat.

What happened to your insider info?

Or, should I say "Insiderr" info.

Hicc...what?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

With the new TV deal added to HRR next year, the cap is anticipated to go to $76M.

If that happens, the Bruins will have nearly $30M in Cap not including the Savard LTIR option.

$34M is almost as much as the first Cap, but you can't just keep giving the same group cost of living increases indefinitely.  If you look at the situation for next year, the issue isn't what to pay Krejci, Soderberg, Campbell, Paille, Boychuk, McQuaid and Bartkowski.  

So if Krug and Smith get two year deals that would be ideal for PC not having to deal with next summer. Krejci, Soderberg, Paille, McQuaid, Hamilton and Boychuk take up about $23M (slightly high). Campbell and Bartkowski are out of the equation me thinks. If Smith and Krug got two year deals that might take up another $5M more. 

I actually put the cap at around $76M and that would be ideal. Subban's $863K slides in at the backup. 

Just need PC to stay away from the NTC/NMC so Crowles can rest easy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marchand isn't getting traded. Ho can anyone look at the Bruins as they currently stand with 2 unsigned players and extra defenseman and wonder why Marchand is still on the team?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Marchand isn't getting traded. Ho can anyone look at the Bruins as they currently stand with 2 unsigned players and extra defenseman and wonder why Marchand is still on the team?

Yeah Kel,  I find it a bit confusing as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Enough said!

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/554618

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Enough said!

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/554618" rel="nofollow">http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/554618

Where's the "Marchand looks fat" crowd? Looks pretty fit there... running good... I hope he has a great season, the guy's hard not to like (except when he's being a pinhead on the ice).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marchand and Bodnarchuk were teammates for two years in Providence and half a season in Halifax.

Are you not entertained?!?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Marchand and Bodnarchuk were teammates for two years in Providence and half a season in Halifax.

Haven't heard that name in a while. What's Bodnarchuk doing now? Selling insurance?

Sections
Shortcuts