Why I am optimistic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Why I am optimistic

In Response to Why I am optimistic:
    Many of the posts on this board make it seem like the Bruins are an awful team. CJ is a terrible coach ... They play with no passion ... They will fold like a cheap suit come playoff time ... Chiarelli needs to pull off a major deal. I am not all doom and gloom. Yes there are warts (I have serious doubts that Wheeler develops into anything more than a 20 goal scorer and they could use another veteran D-man) but let's look at the bright side. The team is currently eighth in the league in scoring after last season's scoring struggles Patrice Bergeron is on pace for a nice 27-38-65 points season Steven Kampfer and Brad Marchand have added great youthful depth Second place in the conference with games at hand on everyone else behind them. Of course the resurgence of the Tank and Tuuka's recent play More than $6 million coming off the books next year between Wheeler and Ryder Toronto's gift that keeps on giving (which includes Seguin's ongoing development and a nice first round pick next year) Alright, so they need to exercise their ghosts from last year. But overall, I'm happy to be a Bruin fan right now.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

Agreed 100%!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is an outstanding team.  Easily a contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I have to agree almost 100 percent. Im still not convinced yet on CJ and Wheeler will be a 30 goal scorer next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IF, and it's a big IF, Wheeler could finish his chances he might score 30. He has missed so many set-ups, and will not have the same # available on the 4th line. He actually looks like a decent trade prospect for a defenseman that is young, strong and smart. St. Louis has some, and other teams like Nashville might also have some low-priced potentials. Other than that, there is not too much this team needs to replace, although REX on the 4th line is a maybe if Wheeler is traded. The next two months will be tough on Rex unless Claude can lighten his skating load. This is the team Chia envisioned with the added benefit of Marchand and Kamfer. All of this expectation is based on Savard and Kreji's continued improvement plus the work effort presented in the last few weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Amen to your post. Every one makes it sound allot badder than what it is. Just like any teams, their things we need to work on and that what playing a season is all about. Then once Play off comes, That when your tested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

PC wont even have to make a splash in the offseason either.  Boston have some good young players coming up in the system that should fill in the holes just fine.  Caron and Sauve should make the team and contribute next year.  Then of course they got Colborne, Knight, Arniel, TO's 1st rounder pick from this years draft, ect...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

the problem with julien not getting fired is he isnt in first place yet..like in jersey...give it a rest ..just complaining for the sake of complaining..get a life 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

because you should be. for some reason people feel the bruins should already have the cup won in january- it's a long hard road to win a cup. the regular season is just the start-the playoffs are another season altogether. there are NO easy playoff series...just have to get in and play better than all others. this a very good-balanced team with great goaltending...YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Why I am optimistic:
    Amen to your post. Every one makes it sound allot badder than what it is. Just like any teams, their things we need to work on and that what playing a season is all about. Then once Play off comes, That when your tested.
    Posted by Tbops

I mean I agree. But just not with your horrible grammer. Badder? lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Many fans are going to very happy within the next year or probably two as Knight simply needs the time to mature physically and learn the pro game.He has respectable size with room to grow,speed,is strong with the puck(and will get better as he gets bigger and stronger),is very good on the puck right now,is fearless mentally and physically,brings energy everytime he is on the ice,works in all three zones and wants to be good and is willing to put in whatever work is necessary to get there.By the way,I really like Kam behind the blue and is providing the jump the B's are lacking right.Can't wait to see how good he will ultimately be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Good posts. Think how good this team could be if Horton, Kreiji and Savard start scoring. Getting hot just before the playoffs would be fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Good post, I like where we are sitting right now. If we can take advantage of the games in hand and get into the playoffs healthy it could be a pretty entertaining playoff run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Does the fact that Boston have had the 4th easiest SOS (strength of schedule) in the NHL as of right now make you feel a little less optimistic about the 2010-2011 Bruins team?  Their record probably makes them appear a little better than they really are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why I am optimistic:
    Does the fact that Boston have had the 4th easiest SOS (strength of schedule) in the NHL as of right now make you feel a little less optimistic about the 2010-2011 Bruins team?  Their record probably makes them appear a little better than they really are.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

LOL to your SOS.The Bruins can only play the schedule they are given.The fact they've done well against T-Bay,Philly,Wash and Pitt tells me they're better than you obviously think they are....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Cup contender right now

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

At this point in the season, you can definitely rank these guys up there with the leaders in the league. That said, I think the only "sure" team at this point for contender status is Vancouver (and Detroit once they get healthy). I know the team has to get over last year's playoff demons, but this is a very nice start.

Sections
Shortcuts