Why I disagree that a denfesiveman is a pressing need....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Why I disagree that a denfesiveman is a pressing need....

...Chara, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Boychuck

I dont see anybody who deserves a demotion to the "third pairing"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Why I disagree that a denfesiveman is a pressing need....

What do you guys think of Ben?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was impressed by his electricity info, but wasn't too impressed with the time he spent in France.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

...Chara, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Boychuck

I dont see anybody who deserves a demotion to the "third pairing"

Johnson, Bartkowski, Warsofsky, Krug.

I don't see anybody who deserves a promotion to the NHL third pairing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Drewski, it's how they're being used, not the names. Chara and Seidenberg will be fine, but have had to carry their 'mates the whole year and it makes them less effective. Hamilton is playing great but you have to tread lightly come playoff time. Injuries are always an issue, and he's never had this type of workload before.

The reason why I want to see a top 4 is because it instantly creates more effective pairings. Let Chara and Seids be your top shutdown pairing, add a guy like Boyle or Bouwmester to play with Boychuck, then Ference (stay home!) and Hamilton become your 5-6 with Hamilton getting extra minutes on the #1PP. Johnson and Krug are spares, depending on the playoff matchup and need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Drewski, it's how they're being used, not the names. Chara and Seidenberg will be fine, but have had to carry their 'mates the whole year and it makes them less effective. Hamilton is playing great but you have to tread lightly come playoff time. Injuries are always an issue, and he's never had this type of workload before.

The reason why I want to see a top 4 is because it instantly creates more effective pairings. Let Chara and Seids be your top shutdown pairing, add a guy like Boyle or Bouwmester to play with Boychuck, then Ference (stay home!) and Hamilton become your 5-6 with Hamilton getting extra minutes on the #1PP. Johnson and Krug are spares, depending on the playoff matchup and need.

Frist     of all, your avatar is awesome, dont ever change it

second of all, your avatar is awesome, dont ever cahnge it

Third of all, your opinion that Hamilton should be demoted to the third pairing is not going to be a popular one.  However, I agree, that if we acquire a top 4 defenseman, it should be Hamilton who is demoted.  There have been multiple games (IMO) where Hamilton made a rookie mistake that was overlooked due to an assist

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I love this pic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I love this pic!

Sat in Row 8 right in front of that play. Still gives me chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtZUPYJHrE

Sections
Shortcuts