Why I love being a Bruins fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: Why I love being a Bruins fan

Great thread... bump

And #20ish... Boychuk can be a force, offensively too! He has played above and beyond the call of duty, gutsy lad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Been up an down with this team for over 50 years. I adopted this team when I was old enough to understand the difference between a lunch pail group of men back in the early 60's as the underdog and a bunch of fat cats playing for the team I was supposed to root for (Rangers). Love this sport with a passion and have been not only fortunate to visit over 16 NHL arenas -- but to do it with my daughters who are now in their 30's and still crave the 4 games in 5 night road trips which have brought us as far as Atlanta, Chicago and Ottawa. This playoff series has been over the top crazy and regardless of the outcome -- has exceeded all my expectations. No reason to think they can't pull out another miracle. To all my positive thinking friends on this board -- keep the faith.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I have been a Bruins fan as long as I can remember. When I moved to Montreal it seemed to rachet up my passion to a point that I'm sure wasn't healthy but I can't help it. Moved to Van. B.C. and it made some of the lean years from '95-on a little easier in that the B's weren't really a natural rival - and the Canuck fans had their own problems -so didn't take much grief from them. After the multiple highs and lows of "The Cup Run" I thought : now I can walk away- they've won in my lifetime(thought it wouldn't happen)- I'm good.  . . . Couldn't walk away, just love this team too much.I don't allow myself to invest any emotional captital in other sports- don't have enough left after the B's. I'm really proud of this group.(Typically cheer for other New England teams though if I think about it.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I take great pride in being a Bruins fan.  It's not something I do, it's who I am.  I didn't choose it, I was born into it.  I often wear gear of other teams.  I have shirts and jerseys and hats from teams all across the NHL, AHL and European leagues.  (Note:  I've never worn anything of the Habs.)  I have a cool Whalers t-shirt or two, some Leafs stuff, Dallas, LA, Colorado...whatever it is, if it's NHL, I like it.  (Second note:  I recently passed on a $5 Blue Jackets t-shirt, I just couldn't do it.)

Sometimes when people see me with another team's gear on, they'll ask why it isn't Bruins.  I have two answers at the ready.

1.  I love hockey.  My favorite team is the B's, but that doesnt' mean I can't enjoy Calgary or Detroit.

2.  People often wear their team's gear to let everyone know who they support.  I don't.  Everyone knows I'm black and gold to the bone.

My point here is that I love being a Bruins fan because that's all I've ever known.  Good time and (mostly) bad, it's all I know.  They might as well have put it on my birth certificate.

Name:  Not-A-Shot

DOB:  xx-xx-xxxx

City of Birth:  Boston

Affiliation:  Bruins

This is a must for any self respecting B's fan, i would expect nothing less.Go B'ss!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have a wager going with a Blackhawks friend out here.  If the Blackhawks win, I have to go to my next hockey game decked out in Hawks gear.  If the Bruins pull this out, he'll have to do the same with Bruins stuff.  

C'mon B's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Through the years I've done so many rituals before and during a Bruins game . I've calmed down since BUT nothing has ever affected me like the Boston Bruins ! 

I'm not born in Boston , on my profile it says it all ; About Me: Bruin fan in enemy territory. Boy did I have a harsh childhood growing up being a Bruins fan.  I never left them and it's one of my best decisions I have ever made.  Because of the Bruins I became a big fan of the Red Sox , Patroits and yes also the Celtics.

Nothing ever came easy to the Bruins and they've been successful against so many odds. I AM A BOSTON BRUINS FAN FOR LIFE !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

lots of panicky and outright stupid troll posts out there. bumping the post of the year. this thread reflects the attitude to have in an elimination game. win or go home, the B's are up for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

One thing i know is that i will never give up on this team!

Win or lose and believe me it will hurt if they lose the ride was fun.

GO BRUINS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Tradition: "There was a thin layer of fog on the ice when the Bruins started their morning skate."

Awesome.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Great thread. I love these.

#11 for me is because most of us here have stuck with the B's through thick and thin.

You can take the Sox, Pats, and Celts fans and realize most of them are just along for the ride when their team is good. The real Bruins fans know hockey and love the game..not just the team.

There is no better sporting tournament on earth than the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Hockey is full of everyting all that makes sports great. I'm proud to consider myself a Bruins fan and longtime member of this board.

If there are truly Hockey Gods, this thing should go 7...it deserves to.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Because when it is time to win or go home, We are consistently surrounded only by the truest of All sports fans!

Go B's!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

And lest we forget, good things come to those who have faith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjVQP4FQak

Never get tired of watching that one. Looking forward to a 2013 version!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Great thread - I love this team, win or lose (or draw, for those of us who still remember ties) always have, always will. Like NAS, I'm slightly torn by another team, and will be grateful when I only have to watch them play the Bruins twice a year or, god forbid, in the Cup Finals. But it's always Bruins first,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Great thread - I love this team, win or lose (or draw, for those of us who still remember ties) always have, always will. Like NAS, I'm slightly torn by another team, and will be grateful when I only have to watch them play the Bruins twice a year or, god forbid, in the Cup Finals. But it's always Bruins first,

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

I am not slightly torn by another team.  I am B's top to bottom.  I just happen to have some "now rival" gear!

My favorite teams:

USA Hockey

Boston Bruins

Manchester Monarchs

That's it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Been up an down with this team for over 50 years. I adopted this team when I was old enough to understand the difference between a lunch pail group of men back in the early 60's as the underdog and a bunch of fat cats playing for the team I was supposed to root for (Rangers). Love this sport with a passion and have been not only fortunate to visit over 16 NHL arenas -- but to do it with my daughters who are now in their 30's and still crave the 4 games in 5 night road trips which have brought us as far as Atlanta, Chicago and Ottawa. This playoff series has been over the top crazy and regardless of the outcome -- has exceeded all my expectations. No reason to think they can't pull out another miracle. To all my positive thinking friends on this board -- keep the faith.

Right on!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I love this B's team.  They fight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's the Bruins or nothing.  No other team even enters the same galaxy as far as my loyalty is concerned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I ignored this thread for waaay too long.  Good OP, good responses.

I love that they are NEVER out of it.  Never.  Maybe in a regular season game in January in Buffalo, they lay an egg, but the psychological makeup of this team is tougher than Lucic and Chara combined.  Love it.

Are you not entertained?!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I ignored this thread for waaay too long.  Good OP, good responses.

I love that they are NEVER out of it.  Never.  Maybe in a regular season game in January in Buffalo, they lay an egg, but the psychological makeup of this team is tougher than Lucic and Chara combined.  Love it.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Hence the word Bruin - as opposed to Penguin, Leaf, Habitant, Canuck, Duck, Senator and Islander.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

This thread should not die. Great playoff run by the Bear. 

Sections
Shortcuts