Why is it Morrow or Iginla? B's can get BOTH!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Why is it Morrow or Iginla? B's can get BOTH!

The Bruins are, for the most part, a young talented team. I believe the future is now, not 3,4 or 5 years down the road. The Bruins, unlike most contenders have the cap-space, prospects, and picks to offer teams for top-end talent.

I agree 100% that the likes of Kokhlochev, Spooner, Krug, Subban, and Knight are high profiled and coveted prospects. However, you have a young nucleus at the NHL level that has already won a Stanley Cup and are arguably just a piece or two away from making it back to the finals.

There is no denying that PC is in a prime position to aquire not only one but two high profile guys along with a depth player before the deadline. Am i saying just get the sexy names? No. What i am saying is that if the guy "Fits" your system and is able to contribute right away then go out and try and make a deal.

The asking price for Morrow is a young D-man plus a draft pick. Calgary is asking for one roster player, prospect+draft pick. Both deals are there to be had IMO. Could i be dead wrong on my assumptions? No Doubt. Im no economics major like PC is and I only spit out suggestions as educated as i can using the same resources as the next hockey loving fan.

Can PC hit a grand slam this deadline and go for it all? Abosolutely. is he going to? We will see.

If i lived in a fairy-tale world this is what i would:

To Calgary:=Iginla

Rich Peverly

Jared Knight

1st rnd pick

To Dallas:=Morrow

Torey Krug

2nd rnd pick

These proposals could be absolute garbage for all I know but it would be my starting points.

You have to give up something to get something and now is the time to do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Why is it Morrow or Iginla? B's can get BOTH!

There's a Morrow thread and there's a Iginla thread, why do you have start another one ?

Anyway, seems like Morrow deal to Pens is done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

There's a Morrow thread and there's a Iginla thread, why do you have start another one ?

Anyway, seems like Morrow deal to Pens is done.

Yes, just saw that. Cannot blame PC, bet he tried. Player was driving the bus on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Forget about trading Knight for as part of any deal. Guy can't get on the ice which reduces his value.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

So I guess you dont know Morrow just got fitted for his new Penguins' jersey.

And in other Boston non-trading moves, the B's are reportedly no longer interested in Clowe.

The B's basket will again be empty this Easter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

So I guess you dont know Morrow just got fitted for his new Penguins' jersey.

And in other Boston non-trading moves, the B's are reportedly no longer interested in Clowe.

The B's basket will again be empty this Easter.

source? might not be a bad thing. we are all deseperate for more goals and he has the same number as tuukka rask