Why Lindblad?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Why Lindblad?

Interesting choice for a call-up. Both times I went to see Providence play, he was out, but I do remember him having a good camp with the B's and management being impressed according to Behind the B. His numbers arent  43g 7, 15, -2 outstanding.

Is this the Bruins auditioning for Caron's role? Or maybe he won't play a minute.

If so, interesting choice over Florek and Camara.

I like the way the team is handling the roster, especially at D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Why Lindblad?

Maybe it is what we'll see now from here on in. Providence Bruin forwards that management feel have the size and grind to play in playoff games, due to injuries, will get some games.

I would like to see the approach of auditions. Also if this designed to give some forwards a bit of a rest for a few games, I am for that as well.

@NHLBruins

"Julien said there's a possibility Lindblad could be in the lineup tomorrow; referenced "depth" as B's push towards postseason ^CS"

Or someone is dinged up a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its that time of year you have to know (find out) who in the system has paid attention to the Bs style of hockey. There must be something that Lindbad needs or deserves a look at. I like how there handling it, we as fans cannot choose who can contribute to this team in need when required. I was one of those for 3 years thought Caron was a bergeron style but these last couple of games he seems to be still trying to find his style,. Grant it hes giving his all now to be a hitter and prove he can help on the 4th line but ive seen nothing but failure. I iss paille there and never realized his value until now in all situtions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Because Caron sucks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anybody but Caron.  I honestly never want to see him play again.  Last shift I saw against the Habs was disgraceful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Put me in the long-ago-lost-hope-for-Caron camp. Still I look forward to seeing this kid play, since his numbers aren't as good as others are down in the P, I wonder what he brings to the table that is worthy of the call up.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Because Caron sucks?

Bingo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Lindblad is 6'0 185 and is listed as a LW that shoots right. Is he on one of the top two lines in Providence or more of a defensive style forward? It might be kind of fun to see some of the Providence guys filtering through over the next few weeks. Hopefully as the B's rest some starters, we'll be able to see the kids doing something besides 4th line duty. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He did get a long look at camp, and he's coming on 24, which means, unlike Khokhlachev, Spooner, Camara, Knight, or Griffith, the clock is ticking on whether or not he can play in the NHL.  He hasn't been on the top lines in Providence from what I can tell - SanDog?  Looks like he's been all over the lineup, collecting points on goals by Khokhlachev but also playing with Randell.  Also looks like he's pulled down a few points recently - maybe his coaches thought he was playing well enough to deserve a call?

Gotta confess, though; I kinda want them to give Khokhlachev a call just to see what happens.  Could be a gong show, I suppose, but it might be interesting to see what might happen if he could play wing on the third line?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Because Caron sucks?

He has better numbers than Sabotka had at the same period in his career......Bruins will trade him for an AHL defenseman .......and years from now someone will start a thread stating that we didn't get enough in the Caron trade......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Because Caron sucks?

You took the words right out of my mouth...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

He hasn't been on the top lines in Providence from what I can tell - SanDog?  Looks like he's been all over the lineup, collecting points on goals by Khokhlachev but also playing with Randell.  Also looks like he's pulled down a few points recently - maybe his coaches thought he was playing well enough to deserve a call?

Gotta confess, though; I kinda want them to give Khokhlachev a call just to see what happens.  Could be a gong show, I suppose, but it might be interesting to see what might happen if he could play wing on the third line?

Something that has to be looked at - with which ELs are expiring. It makes a ton of sense especially when the Bs are in town and Providence plays a home game on Sunday, I hear Julien is there watching. We know what he is watching for.

It would be smart to see what KoKo could do with Soderberg/Eriksson. Also Chiarelli is probably continuing with the ground work that he wants to continue at the draft and this summer. Since they didn't bring in an extra vet then taking looks is just logical.

I think we will see a lot of Florek and KoKo. I hope anyways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd say Paille is not quite ready and theyre giving Lindblad a look since Caron has done nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's are entering their ABC phase......anybody but Caron,it should be ok.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Because Caron sucks?

He has better numbers than Sabotka had at the same period in his career......Bruins will trade him for an AHL defenseman .......and years from now someone will start a thread stating that we didn't get enough in the Caron trade......

I always liked Caron, but good God man, he just has no spark and can't seem to produce any offense.  Sorry -- I'd give him up in a minute and if he turns out terrific, then so be it.  Right now he's taking up ice time from someone else, whoever that is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Caron has been given plenty of time to show he can play a role with the Bruins... he just can't, but maybe somewhere else?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Because Caron sucks?

I don't care about years from now.  That's Patriots thinking.  They were so interested in making the playoffs that they forgot to build a team to win the Superbowl.

The B's time is:

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Because Caron sucks?

He has better numbers than Sabotka had at the same period in his career......Bruins will trade him for an AHL defenseman

Caron is an RFA, after this season, he won't be offered a contract after this season by the Bruins. So there will be no trade to speak of.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Here I thought that with Caron playing so well the last couple games someone was sure to sign him to an offer sheet in the off season.You mean the Bruins won't be getting at least a 1st and 3rd round pick for losing him :)

I think if the Bruins are in a position to rest a C later Koko may get rewarded for his recent play and get a call up. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

If it's anyone who deserves a spot it's Spooner

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dogmonsta's comment:

He's a center.  The open spot is on the wing.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to dogmonsta's comment:

He's a center.  The open spot is on the wing.

A lot of poeple don't understand that a centerman plays centre.....unless he is versitile like Peverly and plays all 3 forward positions.....its the same for defensemen...left or right defensemen is not the same...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Because Caron sucks?

Highly doubtful

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Caron is an RFA, after this season, he won't be offered a contract after this season by the Bruins. So there will be no trade to speak of.

I think he'll quit hockey like MacDermid.  Judging by that last shift in Montreal he looks like he's lost his will to play the game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think he'll quit hockey like MacDermid.  Judging by that last shift in Montreal he looks like he's lost his will to play the game.

He may just need a change of scenery. He looks lost here, and his confidence is most likely gone. He'll end up somewhere.

• Sections
    Shortcuts