Why Lindblad?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Why Lindblad?

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Caron is an RFA, after this season, he won't be offered a contract after this season by the Bruins. So there will be no trade to speak of.[/QUOTE]

I think he'll quit hockey like MacDermid.  Judging by that last shift in Montreal he looks like he's lost his will to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Caron wasn't pushed to be a pugilist or enforcer. I do still think a small market team could give him a chance at a 4th line. But he will start out for some AHL team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Caron is an RFA, after this season, he won't be offered a contract after this season by the Bruins. So there will be no trade to speak of.[/QUOTE]

I think he'll quit hockey like MacDermid.  Judging by that last shift in Montreal he looks like he's lost his will to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Caron wasn't pushed to be a pugilist or enforcer. I do still think a small market team could give him a chance at a 4th line. But he will start out for some AHL team.

[/QUOTE]

He's a third liner down here!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's a third liner down here!

[/QUOTE]

Hope he goes to FLA....so we can see him play alot netx year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yes I remember when everyone wanted Wheeler gone (except for Stanley) .  At the time I was saying he had too much upside to give up on him .  They won the cup so cares, right ?

Caron will never have Wheeler's success on another team but he might just stick as a good bottom 6 fwd.   Problem with fans perception of Caron is the high expectations we have for a 1st rounder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seems like both Thornton and Caron are scratches .  I know one person that is doing the happy dance .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

They are trying to get a look at as many of their prospects in a NHL game or two and at times this alllows them to give somebody a night off. They have the luxury of a solid lead in their division and can futz around a bit like this and manage some ice time for the regulars as they head towards playoffs. As for Lindblad? It's his turn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well I'm going to weigh in before end this game. Is this guy playing ?

BadHab can bash Caron on his last shift against the Habs all he wants but at least he was visible and good many good things.

As Lindbland this might be his last shift Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not expecting any of that.  I'm expecting lots of hustle and or skill, if not one, then the other.

At least Lindblad remained even in plus minus, unlike Caron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Lindblad didnt look out of place, Hope he gets a couple more games in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The B's forwards gave the Canes d-men fits when the Canes were in the offensive zone. B's kept pressuring them when they had the puck at the point and broke them up several times. Must have been in the scouting report.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because Caron sucks?

[/QUOTE]

He has better numbers than Sabotka had at the same period in his career......Bruins will trade him for an AHL defenseman .......and years from now someone will start a thread stating that we didn't get enough in the Caron trade......

[/QUOTE]

Awesome idea to post this in a totally unrelated thread.  I see how you did that.  You are very clever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

Lindblad-- Nothing to get excited about. Small sampling but seems like our typical small forward with absolutely no snarl to his game. We lack that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes I remember when everyone wanted Wheeler gone (except for Stanley) .  At the time I was saying he had too much upside to give up on him .  They won the cup so cares, right ?

Caron will never have Wheeler's success on another team but he might just stick as a good bottom 6 fwd.   Problem with fans perception of Caron is the high expectations we have for a 1st rounder.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we want him to perform at X Level because of his draft status.  I think we want him to be an NHLer and not suck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] Problem with fans perception of Caron is the high expectations we have for a 1st rounder.[/QUOTE]

Late 1st rounders in Boston have no expectations anymore and shouldn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Late 1st rounders in Boston have no expectations anymore and shouldn't.

[/QUOTE]

Malcom Subban was drafted 24th. A late 1st rounder. 

And me as a Boston fan..............have expectations for him to eventually be an NHL goaltender.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do have more expectations of Spooner and KoKo as 2nd rounders. If Arnesson were playing in the CHL I would be paying more attention and might care more. Maybe Arnesson takes his time like Soderberg.

It will be interesting to see what will PC do with Svedberg and Subban. Svedberg as the backup next year and then possibly trade him the year after for an asset. Then the Bruins start moving Subban in as the backup after.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think the great unanswered question here is: do they call him "Linda" or "Bladder" as his rookie nickname?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the great unanswered question here is: do they call him "Linda" or "Bladder" as his rookie nickname?

[/QUOTE]

I would think its something along the lines of "Tiny" Bladder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

His theme song is Hold it longer, tiny bladder?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His theme song is Hold it longer, tiny bladder?

[/QUOTE]

Lol,i can just hear it pumping out of the dressing room speakers now.