Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench?

This is why I can't stand these aweful referees. A few days ago the B's get a penalty for two many men, and the same thing happens to the Flyers tonight and no penalty (even though the opriinal call was for one I believe!). What is up with that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench?

Orr
    I thought the exact same thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench?

you meant a too many men call as opposed to delay of game right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

He was getting off the ice, but the replacement player wasnt on the ice yet. Thats my guess why it wasnt called

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes Daubert, my mistake LOL. Caught up in the heat of the moment

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Happened to McQ the 1st game in the Montreal series.  Maybe it was game 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench?:
    [QUOTE]He was getting off the ice, but the replacement player wasnt on the ice yet. Thats my guess why it wasnt called
    Posted by STFXbruins[/QUOTE]

Yep other player was still behind the boards. Thats what the ref said and it was pretty obvious in the replay. Although in real time I stood up and screamed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

OK I'll give the refs a pass this time. Still can't stand them though LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

If the other guy isn't on the ice yet then why blow the whistle at all?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench?:
    [QUOTE]If the other guy isn't on the ice yet then why blow the whistle at all?
    Posted by logeseats[/QUOTE]

i think the guy who blew the whistle thought it was too many men.  after the whistle, they counted only 5 flyers on the ice.  they made the right call.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The other player was coming on for the next player to leave that was leaving through the door, but he had not made it there yet, same play as McQ only not as obvious, got it wrong against McQ because it was in Mon series.

Should never be a call unless player plays puck, neither the fillie nor McQ played the puck, both should be non calls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Happened to McQ the 1st game in the Montreal series.  Maybe it was game 3.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I thought it was game 6 in montreal. After Thomas lost sight of the puck and Gionta poked the puck in but the whistle blew. That to me seemed like a make up call. It's what started the 5 on 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i thought the refs were terrible tonight weather this play was called or not....the Campbell call was weak, as was Charas roughing penalty.....Versteeg pulling Krecji into the bench with a fist full of jersey? whats Krecji suppose to do? offsetting?....the 1 ref there, dont know his name but he has been pathetic thru out the playoffs & these are part of the 12 best refs assigned to the playoffs?....i hope they go thru video replays too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Even if the guy coming out did make it onto the ice, it still wouldn't have been a penalty. From the rule...

"If in the course of a substitution either the player(s) entering the play or the player(s) retiring is struck by the puck accidentally, the play will not be stopped and no penalty will be called."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]i thought the refs were terrible tonight weather this play was called or not....the Campbell call was weak, as was Charas roughing penalty.....Versteeg pulling Krecji into the bench with a fist full of jersey? whats Krecji suppose to do? offsetting?....the 1 ref there, dont know his name but he has been pathetic thru out the playoffs & these are part of the 12 best refs assigned to the playoffs?....i hope they go thru video replays too
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

I think the minor on chara with 2:30 to go may have been one of the worst calls ive seen in the playoffs. Briere didnt dive or embellish it at all it was just a blown call.

Versteeg was being such a #@$% last night. Should've been a delay of game for holding onto Krejci like that. Also whats with all of the picks Philly has been running, I thought that was an auto interference but yet Philly does it blatantly on every dump in(im sure boston does too). Did they change that rule or just stop enforcing it unless its conveint like against MTL or something?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Boychuk got called for that highstick on a follow through and under the rules that should not be called. So apparently the refs dont know all the rules.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

whatever happened to playoff hockey where the officials ate the whistle? they are making calls on everything. the most inconsistent effort ever seen. nobody knows what's going to be called. the first televised game of the year(van/nash), the officials let them play, and it was a great playoff game- no ticky-tacky calls.  zero consistency since-i find myself watching the officials after every player contact- waiting for an arm to be raised. i don't think they know what is and is not a penalty anymore. truly bewildering

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no delay of game when the puck hit a Flyers player skating to the bench? : I think the minor on chara with 2:30 to go may have been one of the worst calls ive seen in the playoffs. Briere didnt dive or embellish it at all it was just a blown call. Versteeg was being such a #@$% last night. Should've been a delay of game for holding onto Krejci like that. Also whats with all of the picks Philly has been running, I thought that was an auto interference but yet Philly does it blatantly on every dump in(im sure boston does too). Did they change that rule or just stop enforcing it unless its conveint like against MTL or something?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Briere was holding the stick, I guess.  It felt atm they were trying to give it to the home team...  I completely agree about the lack of interference calls.