Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread?

Just wondering?  Doesn't anybody care about this series?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread?

Their both pretty boring teams in my opinion. Guess I want the Devils to win in order to set up a series between them and the Rangers, assuming the Rangers win Thursday.

Plus the games are always on CNBC during more interesting games... which is just about every other series lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread?:
    [QUOTE]Their both pretty boring teams in my opinion. Guess I want the Devils to win in order to set up a series between them and the Rangers, assuming the Rangers win Thursday. Plus the games are always on CNBC during more interesting games... which is just about every other series lol.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

that gives the b's the flyers (if/when they win tomorrow).  wouldn't mind seeing the panthers in the 2nd round, give some bruins a chance to heal up maybe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread? : that gives the b's the flyers (if/when they win tomorrow).  wouldn't mind seeing the panthers in the 2nd round, give some bruins a chance to heal up maybe.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

I don't mind either way. Think the Bruins match-up fine against both teams. If they beat the Caps tomorrow it's really only the Rangers I can see giving them any trouble in the East.

However, what could possibly be a better way to get the Bruins offense rolling on all cyllinders than Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyer's defence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread? : I don't mind either way. Think the Bruins match-up fine against both teams. If they beat the Caps tomorrow it's really only the Rangers I can see giving them any trouble in the East. However, what could possibly be a better way to get the Bruins offense rolling on all cyllinders than Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyer's defence.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

good point, talk about polar opposite matchups for both teams vs round 1.  As a hockey fan i'd rather see nyr vs nj and bos vs phi, those would be epic series, lots of hate to go around.  As a bruins fan i'd rather see florida, let phi and nyr beat eachother to a pulp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

You just started one. Yay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

If the Devils somehow win this series with Brodeur I'd be surprised. Couldn't expect them to make it past game 5 against the Rangers, especially without Adam Larsson... should be one of the best D-men in the game in future years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread?:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering?  Doesn't anybody care about this series?
    Posted by rochesternybruinfan[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure why no thread but game 6 has been pretty good hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

OT in Jersey. Can the Devils force a 7th game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So who will be the hero? My money is on Kovalchuk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Devils outshooting Florida 40 to 15. How on earth is this game still tied?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Devils outshooting Florida 40 to 15. How on earth is this game still tied?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    It isn't. Zajac!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Goal Zajac. This is going to 7. Not surprising.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

So boring I watched the red sox/twins game with the twins announcers.

Oh yeah, another non call in o.t.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Reall good game but it was a horrible atmosphere. Only time I heard the crowd was when the Devils scored.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Devils vs. Panthers.  Could that be any more of a snooze-fest?

I watched OT because it was playoff OT.  Heck of a boring OT.  Panthers defenseman blows the coverage and the Devils score on a lame shot.

It was still more enjoyable than most of the B's series so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Even the expressions of Peter DeBoer behind the bench say how exciting this series is to watch.

Is there a coach as stone faced and unemotional looking as him in the league ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Cats should've won the series in 6..  That first goal was a softie.  Also blown coverage by Kulikov on the game winner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

thought I heard that Florida has 7 prospects at the world jrs.  if correct, that's very impressive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]thought I heard that Florida has 7 prospects at the world jrs.  if correct, that's very impressive.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

They have been loading up on prospects the last 2 years, since Tallon became GM. A couple of 1st rounders here, a few 2nd rounders there and viola. He will not be trading them for 4rth line plugs like his predecessors have been doing since time immemorable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread?:[QUOTE] So who will be the hero? My money is on Kovalchuk. Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Good bet Ilya bated two defenders to him after crossing the blueline then threaded the needle on a sweet backhand pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread? : Why guess? Just watch the games and see how it really unfolds ! Stop clogging this sight with useless comments . "'Good bet..." my A$$#@ !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    You need to start paying attention if you really need to grease someone out. JM bet on Kovalchuk making the difference. San told him, "good bet" because Kova was in on the winner. Who's statement was useless again?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no Devils vs Panthers series thread? : Good bet Ilya bated two defenders to him after crossing the blueline then threaded the needle on a sweet backhand pass.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he didn't score so I would have lost it all if I were in Vegas. That's why I don't buy lottery tickets....:)

By the way, I get the feeling that Kovalchuk has decided that he is going to be the determining factor on the ice this series. His play has been almost worth the $ 6.667 million per yer he is getting..almost. Not a lot of points (no one is scoring much in that series) but he is dangerous every time he is out there, even when he is the recipient of double-coverage.

Oh, and not to horn in on anyone's argument but Bobbyorralumni, it has been somewhat customary on these boards for those watching the games to predict who is going to score the winner if the game goes to OT. That is simply what we were doing. No big deal, just some fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

With all the "predictions" , what if the Rangers lose to Ottowa ?