Why not Dany Heatley??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why not Dany Heatley??

Nothing close to what he once was, but at 33 and an UFA, I think he'd be worth a shot on an incentive laden deal on the 3rd line with Soderberg and Smith/Ericksson. Big guy who can put the puck on the net, I'm always kind of partial to those guys who come in on one year deal with something to prove. I think it's obvious he takes a huge paycut form his 7.5 seeing how he was scratched in Minnesota a few times, but I'd say he's worth a gamble.

Take a flyer?

Kick the Tires?...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Why not Dany Heatley??

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nothing close to what he once was, but at 33 and an UFA, I think he'd be worth a shot on an incentive laden deal on the 3rd line with Soderberg and Smith/Ericksson. Big guy who can put the puck on the net, I'm always kind of partial to those guys who come in on one year deal with something to prove. I think it's obvious he takes a huge paycut form his 7.5 seeing how he was scratched in Minnesota a few times, but I'd say he's worth a gamble.

Take a flyer?

Kick the Tires?...

While they media may not like him, and he's often put the front office in difficult spots, he's known as a really good locker room guy. I see no real problem but I'd rather just trust the youth. If iginla is gone then sure go for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If PC doesn't land Iginla, I would like to see someone younger be brought in for Krejci and I wouldn't mind Versteeg's cap hit on  the 3rd line. It wouldn't be hard to trade Kris again at the deadline if proves to be a dud.

Heatley looked good at times in the playoffs but it's the whole lot of other shifts I didn't like, he looked slow and lethargic trying to get to loose pucks most of the time.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sloooow as molasses. Not good for a team perceived to be needing speed....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If it was a small deal.  The flyers or rangers will give him 5m x 5.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Take a flyer?

Kick the Tires?...

Nope

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Sloooow as molasses. Not good for a team perceived to be needing speed.... 

What...does...A....yellow...

Zzzz

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Take a flyer?

Kick the Tires?...

Put down whatever it is that you confiscated from your last perp.

Now back away slowly.  Then run.

Just say no.

Now listen to OttawaGh0st4 - he's made about 4,000 clips about Heatley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ5ld20ZSEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcXI1fHZhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTaKhw8g7Bc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzqvRaUpijg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwy4NLAVZw

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What...does...A....yellow...

Zzzz

Ha! That's about it. Even in his "prime" he was not exactly fleet of foot.  his only saving grace was his scoring prowess but that seems to have left the building as well....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Here's a scenario where I would entertain it. Iginla gets a 3/18 offer from Detroit and bolts. There isn't much in the aay of first line help and you're left with eriksson and smith as your top 6 rws. I'd rather have heatley on my third line than two rookies. If he doesn't work the rookies will still be there, but if the rookie doesn't work heatley won't still be there. Besides, he's an f'in all star #50in07

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Hey,if you want a slow skater at half the price,kick the tires on Lee Stempniak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Take a flyer?

Kick the Tires?...

DANNY WHO ?

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kick the tires?  More like check the tires if he's gonna be behind the wheel. 

I thought he looked pretty crappy this year.  

I think the Bruins could look for a cheaper player with speed, like maybe a Mason Raymond type.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Radim Vrbata should be worth a look.   Flies totally under the radar and sits as one of the NHLS top 10 goal scorers over the last 2 seasons.  Surprise, huh? 

Decent speed, not as "tough" as Iggy, but very good at getting in front of the net.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Oh...and someone named Jason Spezza just told the Sens he wants out.   Get your popcorn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe someone will try to reunite the not-so-dynamic duo.  Of course, the usual rumours ciruculated about why Heatley forced his way out of Ottawa - slept with Spezza's wife, or vice versa, or they slept with each other and then things got weird or something sordid.... You know, basically the same as the Seguin/Horton stories.

Are you not entertained?!?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Maybe someone will try to reunite the not-so-dynamic duo.  Of course, the usual rumours ciruculated about why Heatley forced his way out of Ottawa - slept with Spezza's wife, or vice versa, or they slept with each other and then things got weird or something sordid.... You know, basically the same as the Seguin/Horton stories.

I "heard" they were both asexual and do not find interested in sex at all....the locals felt cheated.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe because he's a killer.  I wouldn't cheer for this guy in a million years.   He should be behind bars.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Hey,if you want a slow skater at half the price,kick the tires on Lee Stempniak.

Tire kicker

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Maybe because he's a killer.  I wouldn't cheer for this guy in a million years.   He should be behind bars.

you're capable of a much more insightful contribution. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

you're capable of a much more insightful contribution. 

Yep, but not when it comes to this guy.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hate to say it kel, but you've just given me an idea that appeals to me.  Whenever someone spitballs a name player who I think is patently a bad idea, all I plan to say is:

Why not Zoidberg?

Are you not entertained?!?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Why not Zoidberg?

can he fit skates on his crab feet?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Setoguchi.  Speed, kills pims, right handed shot.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Setoguchi.  Speed, kills pims, right handed shot.  

YES! He'd fit the need very nicely

Sections
Shortcuts