Why not Komiserek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why not Komiserek?

I think the last two games, Seidenberg has been missed. I do however think with Hamilton coming back the young d-men will step up, especially Bartkowski, it might just take a little time. But, if Chiarelli should make a deal for a veteran d-man as insurance for the playoffs like he has done in the past I'd take a look at Komiserek. He is in the last year of a deal ($700,000). Might be the kind of guy who could ressuerect a career in Juliens system and even play alongside Chara.

Tyr to look past the Lucic rivalry, there was a couple of games while he was on the Habs or Leafs where he was the only one who showed up.

Would anyone else kick the tires?

Or, take a flier?

Or...damn! Can't think of anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Why not Komiserek?

He certainly brings size and strength... and the price is right. But I'm not a big fan of Mike.

I like the idea of Girardi... for the right price of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Kel, I think this guy's confidence has been shattered  ever since he could not live up to the contract he signed with the Leafs...to take Seidenberg's place Bruins need a better upgrade...

i think you kick the tires on a guy like Girardi , who I don't believe the Rangers want to sign as he becomes a free agent....it will cost though, and be sure that the Bruins can sign him long term obviously...

Realistically, I see Chiarelli getting Chris Phillips out of Ottawa at trade deadline....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This isn't even serious.

Kels is just trying to get me to pound my head against a wall harder than I already did when I saw this thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Kel, I think this guy's confidence has been shattered  ever since he could not live up to the contract he signed with the Leafs...to take Seidenberg's place Bruins need a better upgrade...

i think you kick the tires on a guy like Girardi , who I don't believe the Rangers want to sign as he becomes a free agent....it will cost though, and be sure that the Bruins can sign him long term obviously...

Realistically, I see Chiarelli getting Chris Phillips out of Ottawa at trade deadline....

I agree about the confidence, but I think Girardi would cost a lot more. Komiserek would cost a 4th rounder or something like that. I think Krug,Bartkowski and Hamilton are long term. I think it's worth the gamble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

This isn't even serious.

Kels is just trying to get me to pound my head against a wall harder than I already did when I saw this thread.

Haha, BHAb, I'm serious though. Nothing to lose, he was pretty good at one point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And that point was a long time ago when he played for the Habs.

Count how many mistakes he makes on this play before he puts it into his own goal after it bounces off his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnUAXMqkJTo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Actually put it into his own net twice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEEGl5ce1FY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

How is Gilbert looking in FLA? Or Kris Russell in Calgary? If any move is made, it's going to be a lesser known name with a solid but unspectacular game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Patchwork is not going to work. It has to be someone who can play Seidenberg's minutes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Curious thought, kel. That $22 million contract was like the kiss of death for him.  He signed with Toronto in July '09, injured his shoulder in January of 2010, had surgery and was out for the rest of  the season after 34 games.  

That deal pretty much anointed him the #1 among a Leaf D bunch of Jeff Finger, Garnet Exelby, Ian White, Tomas Kaberle, Luke Schenn, Francois Beauchemin and Carl Gunarsson. That contract brought massive expectations, those of which he wouldn't have in Boston. He never regained that solid D mojo he had with the Habs from '06 - '09 when he didn't play less than 66 games.  

You mentioned Julien's system as a possible aid in propping him back up. Adding to that he wouldn't be playing on a lousy team to make matters worse as he was with the Lerfs in his first year starting with that 2009/10 edition that went 30-38-14-74 pts.  

It would be a dice roll if he'll ever regain the form he once had. For starters, he's only played 13 games for the Canes this season.  Last Sunday vs Toronto was his second game played in a row after being a healthy scratch for 8 straight.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seriously serious? I'd prefer they just went with Miller, he seems OK. If they pick up anyone, I think there is only value in a player who would upgrade the top 4. Otherwise, I just go with the young guys, I like them so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

What do the Bruins package the other way, cowboys?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd be thrilled.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i trust the bruins pro scouts. if they pull the trigger on that then I'd be okay with it if it's for a 6th rounder or something. Personally, I think he would be the 8th best d man on the bruins with seidenberg out. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i trust the bruins pro scouts. if they pull the trigger on that then I'd be okay with it if it's for a 6th rounder or something. Personally, I think he would be the 8th best d man on the bruins with seidenberg out. 

Why on Earth would you trust the Bruins scouts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PRO scouts.  Those guys have a few wins.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

This isn't even serious.

Haha, BHAb, I'm serious though. Nothing to lose, he was pretty good at one point.

Id take him.  I think Lucic and a fat contract hurt him.   I think there are better options out there but if on a tough team like the Bruins i think he could play even tougher.  He was a pain in the rump but give the man credit for going head on with Lucic a few times knowing he couldnt beat him.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

PRO scouts.  Those guys have a few wins.  

Yes, they have done a fabulous job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm okay with picking up Komisarek.

Providence might need some depth if Bruins run into injury problems and are forced to call up replacements.

Komisarek would fit in nicely beside Tommy Cross.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Why not Komisarek? Because he is terrible.

Kevan Miller is better, tougher, cheaper option.

The Bruins can work from within and - if they must - rent some veteran presence at the trade deadline, when there will likely be a better fit available to them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

What ever happened Wade Redden ?  I was impressed with him during his short stint with the Bruins last season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

How is Gilbert looking in FLA? Or Kris Russell in Calgary? If any move is made, it's going to be a lesser known name with a solid but unspectacular game.

Loved by the Flamers! Their best d-man by far next to Gio. No way Burke moves him! Besides he's still a small body on the back end. We have plenty of those already. And he's on the IR.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Think the Ducks would part with Mark Fistric? I think he'd be a great fit into the B's system & could help Chara for shutting down. The Ducks have played without him for most of their season this yr & their d has been pretty solid. 

Sections
Shortcuts