Why not Komiserek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Why not Komiserek?

I'm looking at Tallinder, his size and how many minutes he logs a night. This is someone that can be had before the deadline because Buffalo isn't going anywhere and is a free agent at the end of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Stay with Miller,safe,reliable,cheap, exactly what you want from your 5th or 6th d-man. As said earlier, i could see Phillips as the guy, versatile, can play the PP if needed and even kill penalties, helps that PC,Chara,Kelly, know him from Ottawa and if he'd fit in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With Ottawa only being 3 points out of a playoff spot, I can't see Murray giving up Phillips.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stay with Miller,safe,reliable,cheap, exactly what you want from your 5th or 6th d-man. As said earlier, i could see Phillips as the guy, versatile, can play the PP if needed and even kill penalties, helps that PC,Chara,Kelly, know him from Ottawa and if he'd fit in.

[/QUOTE]

Still too small for my taste. We need a big guy with tons of strength & bangs bodies. Phillips would be a great choice if we could pry him from the Sens that would be great. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What ever happened Wade Redden ?  I was impressed with him during his short stint with the Bruins last season.

[/QUOTE]

He was solid in his outings, jp.  As to what he's been doing since leaving the Bruins:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/25/wade-redden-waits-for-contract-shoots-down-retirement-talk/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Ottawa only being 3 points out of a playoff spot, I can't see Murray giving up Phillips.

[/QUOTE]

I guess time will tell, wouldn't surprise me if they fell off but then again i thought the same thing last year. If they do fall off in the race i could see PC & Murray doing a deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still too small for my taste. We need a big guy with tons of strength & bangs bodies. Phillips would be a great choice if we could pry him from the Sens that would be great. 

[/QUOTE]

Phillips would be bigger all right & experienced in playoff hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] With Ottawa only being 3 points out of a playoff spot, I can't see Murray giving up Phillips.

[/QUOTE] I guess time will tell, wouldn't surprise me if they fell off but then again i thought the same thing last year. If they do fall off in the race i could see PC & Murray doing a deal.[/QUOTE]

No doubt, Miller/Bartkowski and Kelly would be good pieces in the discussion. I like Phillips overall game in comparison as to what PC needs to replace in Seidenberg's overall scheme of Julien's Dcorp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] With Ottawa only being 3 points out of a playoff spot, I can't see Murray giving up Phillips.

[/QUOTE] I guess time will tell, wouldn't surprise me if they fell off but then again i thought the same thing last year. If they do fall off in the race i could see PC & Murray doing a deal.[/QUOTE]

No doubt, Miller/Bartkowski and Kelly would be good pieces in the discussion. DI like Phillips overall game in comparison as to what PC needs to replace in Seidenberg's overall scheme of Julien's corp.

[/QUOTE]

Me too, think his game would fit right in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Mark Stuart is still a possibility.  Then if you think big, Gubranson would be excellent. Oft injuried but young with size and toughness.  It would take a package like Spooner, a first rounder, and an AHL player. Brian Campbell is a tough contract to swallow but with the LTIR monies doable this year, Miller and McQuaid are tough enough to handle the Seidenberg crease clearings. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

Chris Phillips is definately a poor mans Seidenberg at this stage of his career. But would fill out our 2nd pairing well. I'm not sure giving up Bartowski would help probably have to pick up another experienced D for depth. Would Ottawa want Kelly back probably looking for prospects unless they were looking to replace lost experience leadership

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mark Stuart is still a possibility.  Then if you think big, Gubranson would be excellent. Oft injuried but young with size and toughness.  It would take a package like Spooner, a first rounder, and an AHL player. Brian Campbell is a tough contract to swallow but with the LTIR monies doable this year, Miller and McQuaid are tough enough to handle the Seidenberg crease clearings. 

[/QUOTE]

Gudbranson can't stay on the ice.  The game he plays is rougher than his body can withstand.

Campbell might be the softest player in the NHL.  He makes Krejci look like Optimus Prime.  Plus, Florida needs Campbell's deal for salary floor purposes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If we're throwing names around, what about Jason Garrison? He's stuck on the second pairing out here (4th on Torts depth chart), he's steady in his own end, very solid on the PK, has some size and strength (though he doesn't use it to his advantage as much as he should) and he has some good offensive abilities. He's also the type of hard worker that fits more in the Bruins' culture than the Canucks. He'd be a good fill-in who is a bit underappreciatedby the Nucks fans and media. Could be the same type of grab that Seidenberg was when he came to Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we're throwing names around, what about Jason Garrison? He's stuck on the second pairing out here (4th on Torts depth chart), he's steady in his own end, very solid on the PK, has some size and strength (though he doesn't use it to his advantage as much as he should) and he has some good offensive abilities. He's also the type of hard worker that fits more in the Bruins' culture than the Canucks. He'd be a good fill-in who is a bit disrespected by the Nucks fans and media, and to an extent the organization. Could be the same type of grab that Seidenberg was when he came to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't he make like $4 mil a year or something like that? Likely would fit but i think for what you get he's too expensive, not enough bang for your buck, makes a person really appreciate Seidenberg for what he brings to the table night in and night out and for reasonable money. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, I hadn't checked his contract yet - 4.6 for 4 more years. Maybe not then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Ron Hainsey: 6' 3"" 210.  Averages 22 mins a game. 10 years experience.  UFA at the end of this year.  Very similar game to Seids and can put up 30-40 pts on a full season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I hadn't checked his contract yet - 4.6 for 4 more years. Maybe not then.

[/QUOTE]

Definitely not then. ;-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ron Hainsey: 6' 3"" 210.  Averages 22 mins a game. 10 years experience.  UFA at the end of this year.  Very similar game to Seids and can put up 30-40 pts on a full season.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the newer kinder gentler Jacobs would be willing to do that deal

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No love for Mark Fistric? I thought for sure someone else would like him here. RFA at the end of season. Big & tough as nails.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not similar to Seidenberg.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phillips is currently falling out of top 4 in Ottawa...Gryba, Werchioch, and Ceci have performed great lately and this while Phillips has been out ... I think he could be had... I don't see Ottawa making the playoffs... Question is how much at trade deadline when values go up? 3rd round pick and Caron or Bartkowski? Don't know...but I can't see it being higher...making over 3M per might also be motivation for Murray to move him.... He won't sniff a Cup in Ottawa...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'd like to see the B's bring back Mark Stuart, always liked his game, kept it simple.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not similar to Seidenberg.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm not sure what the similarities would even be once you get past shot blocking. Seidenberg hits 3 times as much as Hainsey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to asmaha's comment:

How is Gilbert looking in FLA? Or Kris Russell in Calgary? If any move is made, it's going to be a lesser known name with a solid but unspectacular game.

Loved by the Flamers! Their best d-man by far next to Gio. No way Burke moves him! Besides he's still a small body on the back end. We have plenty of those already. And he's on the IR.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've heard mumblings that he's a solid player but haven't watched any games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Even before all this, it's tough to see exactly what direction the Bs blue line is going and what "hole" needs to be filled in their eyes. CJ is moving pieces around, and even then he's often had one set of pairings during the regular season then mixes it up come playoffs. Media seems to think it's a fait accompli that Chara-Boychuck become the shutdown pair, but that bothers me in the short term. Reliability/experience is thin once you get past Chara and Boychuck, and putting them out there together now in the regular season is just begging the other team to exploit the times they're off the ice.

So why not move McQuaid (or Bartkowski) up with Chara and have him play a simple stay-at-home game? Boychuck-Hamilton then becomes a steady 2nd pairing, and there's nothing wrong with Krug/McQuaid/Bart as the 3rd. I'd just like to see them spread out the experience a bit here in the regular season, then evaluate if the need is for someone to pair up with Chara, or Boychuck gets the nod and the search is for someone to join Hamilton in the 2nd.

Sections
Shortcuts