Why not Komiserek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

Re: Why not Komiserek?

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even before all this, it's tough to see exactly what direction the Bs blue line is going and what "hole" needs to be filled in their eyes. CJ is moving pieces around, and even then he's often had one set of pairings during the regular season then mixes it up come playoffs. Media seems to think it's a fait accompli that Chara-Boychuck become the shutdown pair, but that bothers me in the short term. Reliability/experience is thin once you get past Chara and Boychuck, and putting them out there together now in the regular season is just begging the other team to exploit the times they're off the ice.

So why not move McQuaid (or Bartkowski) up with Chara and have him play a simple stay-at-home game? Boychuck-Hamilton then becomes a steady 2nd pairing, and there's nothing wrong with Krug/McQuaid/Bart as the 3rd. I'd just like to see them spread out the experience a bit here in the regular season, then evaluate if the need is for someone to pair up with Chara, or Boychuck gets the nod and the search is for someone to join Hamilton in the 2nd.

[/QUOTE]

I just can't see the Bruins employing defence pair that are same handed. They haven't really done so in the Chara years. Seidenberg being the only exception and he's not an option anymore. I'm not sure he would have been there this year with the development of Hamilton and no Ference to balance the 2nd pair. I do not really like Hamilton/Boychuk as a 2nd pair and the same shooting is only part of the reason. I think your closing sentence nails it. Kris Russell is an excellent suggestion I wonder if some would find him on the small side

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

you beat me to the punch on Tallinder.  He would be a solid pick up.  He also is a great pairing with someone like Hamilton.  myers wasnt the same after he left.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Ottawa only being 3 points out of a playoff spot, I can't see Murray giving up Phillips.

[/QUOTE]

Phillips is currently falling out of top 4 in Ottawa...Gryba, Werchioch, and Ceci have performed great lately and this while Phillips has been out ... I think he could be had... I don't see Ottawa making the playoffs... Question is how much at trade deadline when values go up? 3rd round pick and Caron or Bartkowski? Don't know...but I can't see it being higher...making over 3M per might also be motivation for Murray to move him.... He won't sniff a Cup in Ottawa...

[/QUOTE]

Phillips signed a team friendly contract to stay in Ottawa. He doesn't want to move at all. He could have signed elsewhere for more, but his family is settled there and he doesn't want to move. He might retire before being traded. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phillips signed a team friendly contract to stay in Ottawa. He doesn't want to move at all. He could have signed elsewhere for more, but his family is settled there and he doesn't want to move. He might retire before being traded. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, perry.  I've also read he and his family are very involved in community things but don't you think he'd move if it meant a better shot at the Cup than he has with the Sens?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Ottawa only being 3 points out of a playoff spot, I can't see Murray giving up Phillips.

[/QUOTE]

Phillips is currently falling out of top 4 in Ottawa...Gryba, Werchioch, and Ceci have performed great lately and this while Phillips has been out ... I think he could be had... I don't see Ottawa making the playoffs... Question is how much at trade deadline when values go up? 3rd round pick and Caron or Bartkowski? Don't know...but I can't see it being higher...making over 3M per might also be motivation for Murray to move him.... He won't sniff a Cup in Ottawa...

[/QUOTE]

Is Marc Methot in their top 4?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Ed Jovanovski is making his return tomorrow to the Panthers line-up, how bout letting him get a few games under his belt and then get NAS to do a scouting report,if all goes well PC makes an offer at the deadline and Bobs-your-uncle. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ed Jovanovski is making his return tomorrow to the Panthers line-up, how bout letting him get a few games under his belt and then get NAS to do a scouting report,if all goes well PC makes an offer at the deadline and Bobs-your-uncle. 

[/QUOTE]

Bc he is the biggest bandaid in the league and has a 4m cap hit next year.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats good, haha, yeah don't need him at $4mil next year,case closed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats good, haha, yeah don't need him at $4mil next year,case closed.

[/QUOTE]

Plus the only scouting NAS does is the hotdog stand.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ron Hainsey: 6' 3"" 210.  Averages 22 mins a game. 10 years experience.  UFA at the end of this year.  Very similar game to Seids and can put up 30-40 pts on a full season.

[/QUOTE]

Not similar to Seidenberg.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm not sure what the similarities would even be once you get past shot blocking. Seidenberg hits 3 times as much as Hainsey.

[/QUOTE]

yeah. Had the right guy but confusing him with someone else's physical game, and can't remember if he was on the 'Canes...

If it's about saving money and doing it save, effective within the CJ system, then just go get Stuart.  Been here, done it.  In spite of the win last night, the physical play in the D-zone was sloppy again, leading to poor transitions up ice.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, perry.  I've also read he and his family are very involved in community things but don't you think he'd move if it meant a better shot at the Cup than he has with the Sens?

[/QUOTE]

RHO, I can't speak for Phillips, but my sense from the spot they did on him was that family and staying in the valley was more important than anything else. You'd think for one more chance to go for it, he'd be willing to live in Boston for 3 to 5 months, but again, I am not him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i trust the bruins pro scouts. if they pull the trigger on that then I'd be okay with it if it's for a 6th rounder or something. Personally, I think he would be the 8th best d man on the bruins with seidenberg out. 

[/QUOTE]

Why on Earth would you trust the Bruins scouts?

[/QUOTE]

you have issues with how the scouting staff of the bruins evaluates professional talent?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

you have issues with how the scouting staff of the bruins evaluates professional talent?

[/QUOTE]

I have issues with putting blind trust in anything.  "In Theo We Trust", "In Bill We Trust", "In Chiarelli We Trust"...all that jazz is stupid.  Each organization makes good moves and bad moves.  Sometimes one is greater than the other, but that doesn't mean their moves aren't to be scrutinized. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I have issues with putting blind trust in anything.  "In Theo We Trust", "In Bill We Trust", "In Chiarelli We Trust"...all that jazz is stupid.  Each organization makes good moves and bad moves.  Sometimes one is greater than the other, but that doesn't mean their moves aren't to be scrutinized. 

[/QUOTE]

So what bad move(s) has PC made?  Altho people like to complain about the Bochenski Versteeg deal, they forget that Bochenski had 11 goals and 11 assists before Versteeg even cracked the lineup for Chicago.

I would argue he's been as close to flawless as can be expected.  

Or can you name someone better?  I asked that question of Rusty by the way, and he never answered.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think it's far more likely that you missed the "pro" before the scouts and are trying to cover up for it with that stupid post. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

San,

you beat me to the punch on Tallinder.  He would be a solid pick up.  He also is a great pairing with someone like Hamilton.  myers wasnt the same after he left.  

Probably wouldn't be too expensive either Bartkowski and worthless Chiarelli 1st rounder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So what bad move(s) has PC made?  Altho people like to complain about the Bochenski Versteeg deal, they forget that Bochenski had 11 goals and 11 assists before Versteeg even cracked the lineup for Chicago.

Or can you name someone better?  I asked that question of Rusty by the way, and he never answered.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pc been good inherited though a strong nucleus not as if he's started with a buffalo type team

Better-  lou lamoriello

Holland 

Arguably burke

Dale/bowman

[/QUOTE]

Holland inherited from Devallano, very lucky man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wins:

Traded Andrew Raycroft for Tuuka Rask

Traded Paul Mara for Aaron Ward

Traded Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau for Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew

Traded 5th round pick for Adam McQuaid

Traded Matt Hendricks for Johnny Boychuk

Traded Byron Bitz, Craig Weller and Tampa Bays 2nd round pick for Dennis Seidenberg and Matt Bartkowski

Traded Dennis Wideman and a draft pick for Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell

Traded a 3rd round pick for Daniel Paille

Traded a 2nd round pick for Chris Kelly

Traded Hannu Toivonen for Carl Soderberg

Traded Matt Lashoff and Martin Karsums for Mark Recchi

Losses:

Traded Kris Versteeg for Brandon Bochenski

Traded Joe Colbourne a first round pick a conditional second round pick for Tomas Kaberle

Traded Conditional 2nd round pick (Became a 1st) Lane McDermid and Cody Payne for Jaromir Jagr

Washes:

Traded Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik

Traded Brad Boyes for Dennis Wideman

Trade Petr Kalus and 4th round pick for Manny Fernandez

Trade Tim Thomas for a conditional pick in 2014 or 2015

I left the Kessel and Seguin trades out since it will just become another debate with stanjon/marco/neely66

If one wants to argue the Peverley deal was a loss, okay, but he was instrumental in that Cup run.

I made the Thomas deal a wash, but I can see it as a win as it cleared cap space.

I see the Boyes trade as a win since he turned it into Horton/Campbell but I doubt he thought of that at the time.

I'm sure I left a few out, but every g.m has some regrets, but I'd tell you to look at how many of those players he got that are still on todays roster, which is very deep on a very good team.

The Jagr deal could also be argued as a wash, they did reach the Finals, but I'd say his offensive output, which is why he was brought here, was dissapointing. Clearly, the scouts failed ot see the length of his stick when recommending this one. For that reason alone, heads should role.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Show me how Chiarelli made the rask trade- show me facts

[/QUOTE]

Show me facts that say trading Rask was purely a Gorton move.

If you don't think the Rask trade, Chara and Savard signings, and drafting of Kessel plus the rest of the picks, anything during the time that Chirelli was hired and before he officially joined then I dont know what to say to you.

Show me facts Gorton signed Chara and Savard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ok NAS, Lewis was a mistake that was corrected.

Mottau - he was a throw in with Rolston.  6 games played, big whoop.

Sections
Shortcuts