Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block

Other than a few nice goals and flashes of potential, Horton has been disapointing. Everyone was on Seguin for not picking up his check yesterday, Horton never picks up his check including the go ahead goal yesterday. I am saying package him with a pick and see what you can get in return, I won't miss him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block

In Response to Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block:
    [QUOTE]Other than a few nice goals and flashes of potential, Horton has been disapointing. Everyone was on Seguin for not picking up his check yesterday, Horton never picks up his check including the go ahead goal yesterday. I am saying package him with a pick and see what you can get in return, I won't miss him.
    Posted by BRRocker[/QUOTE]
    Saying he never picks up his check is untrue at best.Do you expect Horton to catch an opponent who starts 3 full strides ahead of him?Boychuck with a bad pinch and the Wings are off to the races.Take away the bad pinch and Marchand giveaway and it wasn't such a lopsided game.There were enough REAL things to complain about after yesterdays game.No needt to make up extra problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

If you want other players to come and play for you and take your organization to take you seriously you do not trade away a guy you traded for in the offseason. That's just dumb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block:
    [QUOTE]If you want other players to come and play for you and take your organization to take you seriously you do not trade away a guy you traded for in the offseason. That's just dumb.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think it's dumb.  If you can package him and get a legit 1st line wing who can score consistently I would do it.  All depends on what you can get and what you have to give up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In theory at least I think everyone is always on the trading block.  If Toronto offered the Pens their 3 best and 1st round pick for Crosby for 7 years, would the Pens do it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : Personally, I don't think it's dumb.  If you can package him and get a legit 1st line wing who can score consistently I would do it.  All depends on what you can get and what you have to give up.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    It's a terrible move by the organization and shows a lack of respect towards players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : It's a terrible move by the organization and shows a lack of respect towards players.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion and I strongly disagree.  If PC has the opportunity to improve the team then he is obligated to do it.  That's his job.  It's a tough business.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Horton won't be traded because he has a no-trade clause that kicked in July 1st of last year just after the Bruins got him.  That is why he was traded out of Florida at that time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Rechi is on a 50 point pace, playing on what has easily been the Bruins best line.  Why would you get rid of him and what 50 point wing  would you replace him with?

[QUOTE]This under achieving clown needs to be gone along  with Ryder, Oldman Recchi, and Wheeler if they hope to create any noise in the playoffs n Response to Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Horton is a money player...did you see his performance against the habs ...he will be very important in the playoffs and ou will appreciate his performances...trading Horton would be the worst move ever ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Horton stays)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Horton is a money player...did you see his performance against the habs ...he will be very important in the playoffs and ou will appreciate his performances...trading Horton would be the worst move ever .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Horton stays)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Another good one Stanley!  Besides his 5 point night vs The Habs, what makes you think he will light it up in the playoffs?  Must be the fact that his goal prodution has declined every year since '06-'07!!  Keep 'em coming Stanley!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Horton won't be traded because he has a no-trade clause that kicked in July 1st of last year just after the Bruins got him.  That is why he was traded out of Florida at that time.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he could waive the NTC, no?  And if he didn't want to do that freely, I'm sure he could be gently coaxed!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That's a great way to treat your players, I'm sure everyone will want to come to Boston.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : I'm guessing he could waive the NTC, no?  And if he didn't want to do that freely, I'm sure he could be gently coaxed!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

I actually think Ryder (when he's in the game. he certainly can disappear at times) does more on the ice than Horton, but it's close. 

Horton seems destined to do just-not-enough-to-get-anything-done. He changes directions so slowly, his shot takes forever to get off, and he doesn't have great balance or toughness.

They both move pretty well without the puck and get into some good positions, but if I had my choice between passing to Ryder and passing to Horton, I'd pass to Ryder just about every time. At least I know he'll get a decent shot off. Ryder at least appears focused on scoring. Horton appears focused on being pretty.

Ryder's weakness is in carrying the puck up-ice and he really should do less of that. That's kind of my biggest problem with Julien. He seems to believe that you can coach every player to be like every other player, rather than embracing the things that specific players do well. Ryder doesn't carry the puck well in open ice (he's actually better at reacting in tighter situations), so his job should be to get it to a player who does carry it well, freeing Ryder to do what he does well - get open in a good position to shoot.

But when you focus on a system first, your players only have to do what the system expects in order to get playing time. The system says "a player right here with the puck should carry the puck up-ice and then try to control it along the boards". The system SHOULD say, "Ryder, if you get the puck right here, you should already know where your teammates are and you should get the puck to a teammate as soon as possible. Krejci, you are free to make those decisions in real-time. Horton, for the love of all that's holy, just dump it in."

Similarly (or conversely I guess), for all that Blake Wheeler can do in open ice, he can't do much of anything with a defender near him (plus he had another bad offside yesterday. man that is deflating), but he hasn't adjusted to this reality at all throughout the season. He gets so caught up in himself with the puck that he just puts his head down and skates straight ahead or towards the corner until a defender gets close and then he tosses an easy wrister at the net. Blake Wheeler's primary offensive role at all times should be getting the puck to a playmaker, and then going to the front of the net. 

Until players start embracing their roles (voluntarily or otherwise) the team will be inconsistent. The clock is ticking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : Another good one Stanley!  Besides his 5 point night vs The Habs, what makes you think he will light it up in the playoffs?  Must be the fact that his goal prodution has declined every year since '06-'07!!  Keep 'em coming Stanley!
    I don't think the decline in Horton's production and his being injured is just coincidence.What type of player would you expect as a replacement?I think he works hard and,to me,that's almost as important as results.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]Rechi is on a 50 point pace, playing on what has easily been the Bruins best line.  Why would you get rid of him and what 50 point wing  would you replace him with? In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]<----- this

Funny how most people who cry on here have no clue it seems about the NHL salary cap. Name me another player in this league who has a similiar salary cap hit as recchi who produces more?

You'll be very hard pressed and secondly whats the chances that team is going to trade said player? marchand would be on of them players for example .. would the bruins trade marchand for a recchi clone? not very likely !! As the recent call ups have shown the kids in providence are not ready yet, so thats not a legit option either.

So in the end, stop crying about recchi because for his salary cap hit he is highly productive and you all look like fools for suggesting the bruins will replace him with a similiar salary and more production.

Horton and Ryder at 4mil a year each, there are some underachieving salaries. Cry about them all day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]That's a great way to treat your players, I'm sure everyone will want to come to Boston. In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Nobody except the player and the teams involved know why a NTC clause is waived in a given situation so there really could be an endless number of reasons why this happens.  I'm gussing one of those reasons could be that the player's current team helped with the decison.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : I don't think the decline in Horton's production and his being injured is just coincidence.What type of player would you expect as a replacement?I think he works hard and,to me,that's almost as important as results.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed he had injury problems in FL but he's healthy now and if I were PC I would want more production than what he is giving right now.  To me his numbers don't justify 1st line duty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : Agreed he had injury problems in FL but he's healthy now and if I were PC I would want more production than what he is giving right now.  To me his numbers don't justify 1st line duty.
    Dropping him down a line or two is quite a bit different than trading him.I won't argue that anyone is moveable for the right price.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Can we agree that the addition of Horton has opened the room up for Lucic on that 1st line and is allowing him to have this career year.  I know Horts isn't exactly impressing us with his #s but there may be some other factors that we aren't seeing in the stat line.  When he is playing in an intense game, for example the Habs game the other night, he seems to be at his best.  I would like to see this kid in the playoffs where the intensity stays high. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

This is silly. Who would the trading partner be for Horton?

There are buyers and sellers at the Trade Deadline.

Ok, the Bruins are buyers - not contenders, but buyers - They are looking to add players to bolster their Cup aspirations, using picks and prospects. 

Sellers are not looking for a lot of salary back - they want picks and prospects -  they are trying to get rid of their own 'Hortons' (for lack of a better term)

The only way the Bruins move Nathan Horton is if they become sellers by the Trade Deadline

OR

they decide to package up the Leafs pick - with a Horton or a Krejci or a Wheeler or a Hamill - and go get a young impact player  (Parise, Bogosian etc)

But Horton for a UFA/Rental ain't happening.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree dez and I hate giving up on him so soon but wouldn't it be difficult carrying 3 forwards (Horton, Ryder & Wheeler) with $4M cap hits, and then also adding another one.  One of them has to go and I feel Horton would bring the most back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I agree dez and I hate giving up on him so soon but wouldn't it be difficult carrying 3 forwards (Horton, Ryder & Wheeler) with $4M cap hits, and then also adding another one.  One of them has to go and I feel Horton would bring the most back.
    I agree that 1 or 2 of the names mentioned should go.Horton is the one I'd miss the most(by far).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Can we agree that the addition of Horton has opened the room up for Lucic on that 1st line and is allowing him to have this career year.  I know Horts isn't exactly impressing us with his #s but there may be some other factors that we aren't seeing in the stat line.  When he is playing in an intense game, for example the Habs game the other night, he seems to be at his best.  I would like to see this kid in the playoffs where the intensity stays high. 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Good post BD!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Horton is having a bad year but still puts up 20 goals and 50 plus points I can take that.  It's not like he makes Ovechkin money or has that level of expectations.  The thing that seperates him and most other 4 mil forwards from the 9 mil forwards is consistency.  But I'm hopefull too that playoff time will light a fire under him and I also agree that he has worked very well with Lucic.  Defenders watch Horton, which is something we lacked last year.  Our offence is way up, and Horton is significant part of that.  Part of it is obvious on the score sheet, part of it isn't.

Sections
Shortcuts