Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block

If all his shots that hit the post went in you'd all be sucking him. Guy has played well but just has been robbed. An organization does not trade someone they traded FOR in the offseason. That doesn't speak well to the rest of the players in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : I agree that 1 or 2 of the names mentioned should go.Horton is the one I'd miss the most(by far).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed...and I wouldn't want to be in PC's shoes!  Tough job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]If all his shots that hit the post went in you'd all be sucking him. Guy has played well but just has been robbed. An organization does not trade someone they traded FOR in the offseason. That doesn't speak well to the rest of the players in the league.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

You already said that and I'll disagree again.  I'm sure there have been instances where a player was traded twice within a calendar year (which is what we're talking about).  I don't have the time or energy right now to look it up but I will when I can.  If a GM has the opportunity to make his team better, he is obligated to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]If all his shots that hit the post went in you'd all be sucking him. Guy has played well but just has been robbed. An organization does not trade someone they traded FOR in the offseason. That doesn't speak well to the rest of the players in the league.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Alright call, here it is.  Very first player I thought of too.  Brian Lawton was traded in the summer if 1988 from MN to the NYR where he played 30 games.  During the '88 season he was traded from the NYR to Hartford where he played 35 games.  So yes, it does happen.

And by the way, in '89-'90, he played for THREE teams!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Not Put Horton On Trading Block : Alright call, here it is.  Very first player I thought of too.  Brian Lawton was traded in the summer if 1988 from MN to the NYR where he played 30 games.  During the '88 season he was traded from the NYR to Hartford where he played 35 games.  So yes, it does happen. And by the way, in '89-'90, he played for THREE teams!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Do you have anything from 2000 and on. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen I'm saying it doesn't happen a lot because it reflects poorly on the organization.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]I agree dez and I hate giving up on him so soon but wouldn't it be difficult carrying 3 forwards (Horton, Ryder & Wheeler) with $4M cap hits, and then also adding another one.  One of them has to go and I feel Horton would bring the most back.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Horton would bring the most back because he is the better player. He also has longer to run on his contract than the other two who are up for renewal in the summer. Wheeler is not on 4m, he is on 2.2m and if Ryder is on anywhere near 4m next year I will probably die from shock!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I like our hole team, once were in the next season , the playoffs,and with a little pickup to replace Savy , and the goal tending the way it is , and after last year learning experience we really can do something this year. GO BRUINS GO..