Why the constant negativity???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzywuzdenko. Show buzzywuzdenko's posts

Why the constant negativity???

I scan this site and at times it's amazing how negative it can be as Bruins fans. Let's face reality. They're in first place in their division. They have several kids who are playing out their behinds on defense. They have a few players who aren't producing like they are getting paid to produce. They have arguably the hottest goalie going into post season. They play tough, fight and stick up for each other. Is there any chance we Boston fans have gotten spoiled with the Sox, Pats and Celtics that we can't tolerate losing? Seldom does the best team win the Stanley Cup.The team that wins it gets hot at the right time, has the hottest goalie, and gets a lot of breaks/luck along the way. Lets appreciate what we have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Why the constant negativity???

Be careful Buzzy, it's hard to have your own opinion around here. I agree with you 100%. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

See how negative the Red Sox talk was before 2004. And then look at it now. You had frowns and grim faces and gloomy out looks now you have pink hats.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Why the constant negativity???:

I scan this site and at times it's amazing how negative it can be as Bruins fans.

Let's face reality.

They're in first place in their division. 

Seldom does the best team win the Stanley Cup.

Lets appreciate what we have.

Posted by buzzywuzdenko

First place? Really, first place in the division is what your hanging you're hat on? Really? Who is this Dan Duquette?

People are being "negative" aka citing facts that this team isn't playing well lately, they're playing down to their competition and giving up 40+ shots a night.

Back to your first place in the division comment, who cares? What good did that do them in 01-02, 03-04, 08-09? I think fans are getting nervous because it is nearing playoff time and this is always when the Bruins let all of us down.

Not every team wins the Cup but going on 20 years I think it's time we deserve a second round playoff series victory at the very minimum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Lack of understanding or reasoning?

But seriously, things are never as good or as bad as they appear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownbliss. Show btownbliss's posts

@40yrsNoCup

So you would rather not be in 1st place in the division?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Why the constant negativity???:
    I scan this site and at times it's amazing how negative it can be as Bruins fans. Let's face reality. They're in first place in their division. They have several kids who are playing out their behinds on defense. They have a few players who aren't producing like they are getting paid to produce. They have arguably the hottest goalie going into post season. They play tough, fight and stick up for each other. Is there any chance we Boston fans have gotten spoiled with the Sox, Pats and Celtics that we can't tolerate losing? Seldom does the best team win the Stanley Cup.The team that wins it gets hot at the right time, has the hottest goalie, and gets a lot of breaks/luck along the way. Lets appreciate what we have.
    Posted by buzzywuzdenko

All those franchises have produced championships after long periods of futility. The Bruins are going on 40 years w/out a cup and some 20 years without even advancing out of teh 2nd round of the playoffs.

You want to concentrate on the positive and point out all the good things--excellent, that;s your opinion and I envy your optimism...but you are dead wrong to accuse BRUINS FANS of being spoiled

We are the fans of the black sheep franchise in Boston....and as I've said ad nauseum already--there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to see more from this perennially disappointing and underachieving team. If you're a fan--you want them to have as much success as those other teams you mentioned....why should the Bruins be the only team we give a pass to? Why should they be the one team we say "Oh, it's OK if you don't get past the 2nd round AGAIN....just do the best you can"...

.Come on. We've been patient. We've been loyal. It's time to demand and expect better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Unemployment? Based on post counts and attitude only, of course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

What gets me the most is the lack of intensity and this team hardly plays hard for a full 60. The past is the past but I would be lieing if it doesn't mess with my head even though its a new year and years past have no barring on this seasons team. I just worry with the same coach and core players we are headed for the same results at the end of the playoffs like previous seasons. You have a GM who doesn't get it when he brags about makeing the second round of the playoffs two seasons in row but fails to mention both times there was no way we should have last those series. He doesn't get it and the coach keeps his job and gets extended... I am done all I will say hope we go all the way but not expecting anything more than a second round exit again. HOPE I AM WRONG

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The common thread that connects people on this board is we all want the Bruins to win.  Period.  I've said before that folks can choose to show their support for the club in any manner they seem fit, be it casting a critical eye or tossing bouquets. 

If the Bruins put in a dog of an effort it should be openly stated and not glossed over.  I think what may irritate some is when the criticism begins to border on illogical and unrealistic expectations. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

The Bruins haven't been playing well lately... I think that we can all agree on... but I'm also tired of the 'sky is falling' people. 

The one and only area the Bruins are just flat out awful at this year?  Their powerplay.  The're now (2nd) in Goals Against... and are still up there for Goals Per Game... 

It's amazing that our Power Play is only 20th in the league... imagine?  There are 10 teams who have a worse powerplay than hours... that makes my brain hurt.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Re: Why the constant negativity???:
    In Response to Why the constant negativity??? : First place? Really, first place in the division is what your hanging you're hat on? Really? Who is this Dan Duquette? People are being "negative" aka citing facts that this team isn't playing well lately, they're playing down to their competition and giving up 40+ shots a night. Back to your first place in the division comment, who cares? What good did that do them in 01-02, 03-04, 08-09? I think fans are getting nervous because it is nearing playoff time and this is always when the Bruins let all of us down. Not every team wins the Cup but going on 20 years I think it's time we deserve a second round playoff series victory at the very minimum.
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

GREAT post 40! Right on target! This guys "first place" comment is exactly the problem with Bruins fans

Sections
Shortcuts