Why the referee did not call the crosscheck in the back from Weaver on Lucic and earlier on Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Why the referee did not call the crosscheck in the back from Weaver on Lucic and earlier on Brad Marchand

Very bad call..being a referee myself I dont like to blame my peers but dam it this was such a bad call what is Lucic suppose to do ??  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Why the referee did not call the crosscheck in the back from Weaver on Lucic and earlier on Brad Marchand

After 2 periods 16 penalty minutes to the Bruins and 2 to the Panthers ???  HELLO ,!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Why the referee did not call the crosscheck in the back from Weaver on Lucic and earlier on Brad Marchand

Wont be doing anything now that he is out of the game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Real crappy series of calls.  What on Earth was the misconduct for?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to croc's comment:

i'm sure he was running his mouth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Wont be doing anything now that he is out of the game

My bad, only gone for 10. they have the Florida feed on Centre Ice and they said it was a game misconduct. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Milan must have been giving shittt to the ref....but he almost got hurt on that play .the ref did not call Weaver so I think Looch did what he had to do ....how did the ref missed that call is it bevpcause it was Looch getting hit in the back ????  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

NESN just showed the replay.  The idiot ref was looking right at the cross check.  No excuse for taht degree of incompetance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Milan must have been giving shittt to the ref....but he almost got hurt on that play .the ref did not call Weaver so I think Looch did what he had to do ....how did the ref missed that call is it bevpcause it was Looch getting hit in the back ????  

we saw the play. we saw your earlier post, no need to repeat yourself

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sorry bostonfan but I am really pissed about that non call ....badly ....I am furious.....those guys are paid big $$ for refering NHL games , they are suppose to be Pros as well ....no excuse at all when you are so close to the play ..I hope the BRUINS will send the tape to the NHL with an official complaint .....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

One thing Lucic can do is learn to control himself after he gets hit, even if it is dirty.  This isn't the first time we've seen it.  It's selfish to run a guy down because you're upset about being hit.  The team has to kill off a 4 minute penalty.  I didn't see Brian Campbell freak out when they called a total phantom hook on him after Bergeron stepped on the puck.  And the B's promptly scored on the powerplay.

That said, I have no idea why it wasn't called.  Plenty of time to see him, hit from behind square in the numbers, and Lucic went into the boards head first.  Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but two minutes for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonwarrior. Show bostonwarrior's posts

Love Milans game, but he's got to show more discipline. He could have really hurt the team in that situation. Would have preferred seeing him wait until later and punished Weaver at a more oppurtune time, of course that's easy to say, sitting at home. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

One thing Lucic can do is learn to control himself after he gets hit, even if it is dirty.  This isn't the first time we've seen it.  It's selfish to run a guy down because you're upset about being hit.  The team has to kill off a 4 minute penalty.  I didn't see Brian Campbell freak out when they called a total phantom hook on him after Bergeron stepped on the puck.  And the B's promptly scored on the powerplay.

That said, I have no idea why it wasn't called.  Plenty of time to see him, hit from behind square in the numbers, and Lucic went into the boards head first.  Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but two minutes for sure.

Careful Fletch, someone on here will take offense that you never played the game, and it was the response of a true hockey player, and that's real hockey ... WOW!!... totally agree with you... I like Lucic a lot and he brings a lot to the table, but seriously, Julien would not have like Lucic taking a retaliation penalty,  especially a four minute job... and put the team in a spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It was typical of Chris Lee.  He is by far the worst Ref in the NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

One thing Lucic can do is learn to control himself after he gets hit, even if it is dirty.  This isn't the first time we've seen it.  It's selfish to run a guy down because you're upset about being hit.  The team has to kill off a 4 minute penalty.  I didn't see Brian Campbell freak out when they called a total phantom hook on him after Bergeron stepped on the puck.  And the B's promptly scored on the powerplay.

Good post. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

yup!  thats what i thought too.  if looch did that to him.........it would be shanny time!

i wish someone would have smashed weaver though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

BS! I bet if you're someone who can handle yourself on the ice you'd do the exact samething. With a hit like that it could've been serious & I'm extremely pleased that he had a reaction. There's such a thing as a selfish penalty, but that wasn't it! The 10 min misconduct was stupid. He had plenty of time to calm down & get back in the game to have a chat with Mr. Weaver. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

last 4 games Bos  shanded 12   PP4      0PPG against  3PPG 1SHG

Boston also became the first and only team this year to go a complete game without a pp opportunnity.

I will be the first to say Luc pound the mf then and now, shiiittte has been going on too long.

Retaliation takes the penalty but his team had his back, turning the other cheek has been going on to long, BRING BACK THE BEAR!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

OK I was 2nd

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

BS! I bet if you're someone who can handle yourself on the ice you'd do the exact samething. With a hit like that it could've been serious & I'm extremely pleased that he had a reaction. There's such a thing as a selfish penalty, but that wasn't it! The 10 min misconduct was stupid. He had plenty of time to calm down & get back in the game to have a chat with Mr. Weaver. 

What's with the whole macho reaction to this thing?  I played hockey for a long time and took plenty of dumb/selfish penalties, so I'm not saying I'm above it.  But it was dumb.  Lucic was fine, and that hit wasn't that bad. Two minutes tops.  Sometimes the refs miss calls.  

I'm fine with getting revenge, but why can't you be a little smarter about it?  Take a number and light him up later in the game.  Chasing a guy down and throwing a fit in front of the ref doesn't help anything.  Do you honestly think Weaver would hesitate next time because of that?  It wasn't effective, if you're looking for revenge or sending a message.  All Lucic did was take 14 minutes of solo penalty time, over a marginal hit, while Weaver probably got high fives on the bench.  It was dumb.  Part of being tough is shaking yourself off after a hit instead of throwing a tantrum.  Even if the hit was a little dirty. 

I want Lucic to play tough, mean, and effective.  To me, that reaction was none of those things.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

What's with the whole macho reaction to this thing?  I played hockey for a long time and took plenty of dumb/selfish penalties, so I'm not saying I'm above it.  But it was dumb.  Lucic was fine, and that hit wasn't that bad. Two minutes tops.  Sometimes the refs miss calls.  

I'm fine with getting revenge, but why can't you be a little smarter about it?  Take a number and light him up later in the game.  Chasing a guy down and throwing a fit in front of the ref doesn't help anything.  Do you honestly think Weaver would hesitate next time because of that?  It wasn't effective, if you're looking for revenge or sending a message.  All Lucic did was take 14 minutes of solo penalty time, over a marginal hit, while Weaver probably got high fives on the bench.  It was dumb.  Part of being tough is shaking yourself off after a hit instead of throwing a tantrum.  Even if the hit was a little dirty. 

I want Lucic to play tough, mean, and effective.  To me, that reaction was none of those things.

Fletch, in Lucic's defense, there was quick series of things that lead to the explosion.

He gets boarded, he's angry...

He sees "no call"....angrier

He gives a push to Weaver's back, who flops...sees red.

I understand why he is pissed off.  Sure, I wish he demonstrated some restraint, but he didn't.  I can live it.  I like angry Lucic, he can be very effective when he plays with emotion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Fletch, in Lucic's defense, there was quick series of things that lead to the explosion.

He gets boarded, he's angry...

He sees "no call"....angrier

He gives a push to Weaver's back, who flops...sees red.

I understand why he is pissed off.  Sure, I wish he demonstrated some restraint, but he didn't.  I can live it.  I like angry Lucic, he can be very effective when he plays with emotion.

Yeah, like I said, I've been there and I've done the same thing.  But we've seen this a bunch of times from Lucic (Atlanta, Carolina, in recent years).  My hope is that he plays just as tough and nasty, but a tad smarter as he gets older.  Today was dumb.  And again, I'm not just talking about the penalties either -- it wasn't effective in terms of sending a message or punishing Weaver either.  It really didn't accomplish anything.  I'm obviously a big Lucic fan, I just didn't think the hit was that bad and I thought his reaction hurt the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If Lucic got hurt - which he easily could have - we would have expected someone to go after Weaver.  He didn't, so he did it himself. 

I wouldn't downplay a crosscheck from behind that launches a player face first into the boards.  It was a dirty hit in my book.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Very bad call..being a referee myself I dont like to blame my peers but dam it this was such a bad call what is Lucic suppose to do ??  

There was plenty of time left. He's supposed to continue play -- take a number --   then sit for a 2 minute instigator penalty after punching the guys lights out sometime later in the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The Florida feed..."a good, clean hit by Weaver".  Good grief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR432Q5EKtA

Sections
Shortcuts