Why this team will not succeed in the Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Why this team will not succeed in the Playoffs

I am very frustrated now; and a little drunk; but I am just thinking about why I don't think that this team will succeed in the Playoffs.  First, let me state that I am not a fair weather fan and have been a STH for quite some time.  However, I feel compelled to make a list of why I don't think this team will not make it out of the first round:

1. matchups:  unless there are major changes, looks like we are going to be facing Montreal; even if we switch places in the NE.  Not the best matchup for the Bs.

2. coaching:  lets face it, his track record says enough.

3. giveaways:  bruins are not playing a tight game, they are giving away the puck constantly and are their own worst enemy.  

4. no home ice advantage:  can't seem to win at home and wins away are much harder in the playoffs.

5. closing games:  early in the season, this team had a hard time holding a lead, now that seems to be coming back...not a good trend heading for the playoffs.

ok that is my opinion.  hope to hear all of yours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Re: Why this team will not succeed in the Playoffs

The killer is that they are in the top 6 in points, wins, GF, lowest GA, etc. Yet they continue to deliver stinkers like tonight's game every few weeks. And they also seem to give away a lot of games which should have been W's. But it is not reflected in the stats. So let's see where they stand in late May.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Why this team will not succeed in the Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]The killer is that they are in the top 6 in points, wins, GF, lowest GA, etc. Yet they continue to deliver stinkers like tonight's game every few weeks. And they also seem to give away a lot of games which should have been W's. But it is not reflected in the stats. So let's see where they stand in late May.
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

if their play of late is any indication the only place the b's will be standing in May is on a golf course....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Playoffs are another beast DBG!! We all know that..  I don't think regular season matters much once they drop the puck for Game 1 of the playoffs.. just look at last year.. Bruins came into the playoffs not looking so hot.. I think they lost like 11 games in Jan, barely .500 in March  everyone was down on the team and questioning how long they would last..... First  round against Buffalo was going to be a one and done? Look at the Habs , last year not a great year by any stretch for them , but they knock off Pitt and Washington and almost get a shot at glory..

I just want the Bruins to be healthy going into the playoffs for a change.. I think this team will have a  completely different mindset when the playoffs start..The last two seasons have left bad tastes in the mouths of these guys.. They aren't going out in round two.. This team will play in the Conference Finals..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]Playoffs are another beast DBG!! We all know that..  I don't think regular season matters much once they drop the puck for Game 1 of the playoffs.. just look at last year.. Bruins came into the playoffs not looking so hot.. I think they lost like 11 games in Jan, barely .500 in March  everyone was down on the team and questioning how long they would last..... First  round against Buffalo was going to be a one and done? Look at the Habs , last year not a great year by any stretch for them , but they knock off Pitt and Washington and almost get a shot at glory.. I just want the Bruins to be healthy going into the playoffs for a change.. I think this team will have a  completely different mindset when the playoffs start..The last two seasons have left bad tastes in the mouths of these guys.. They aren't going out in round two.. This team will play in the Conference Finals..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

i so hope you are right...but i have a bad feeling for some reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I cannot help but think that with all of this bad Karma going on around the B's recently something good is brewing for the near future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]I cannot help but think that with all of this bad Karma going on around the B's recently something good is brewing for the near future.
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

In 2004, I had a feeling that the Sox had a team that could make it.  Then they were were one pitch from being eliminated from the playoffs and I figured...typical.  When they won that game, I had a feeling that they had the "magic" and would rally to win.  We all know what happened.  

Thing is, I have never felt like that about this Bruins team.  This year it is going to be Detroit.  

Maybe next year, with a different coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You're right your a little drunk and forgiven another emotional post. Read Cowboys post and read MedforMick's on the Bruins Blog as well the Bruins veterans are in cruise control. 2nd seed, 3rd seed just doesn't matter anymore the team is now just wanting to get in healthy bottom line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I read that about "cruise control"....however, watching the last 3 games, we have not been in "cruise control".  (if i saw that, I would understand...ie...pittsburgh)  However, against Canadians, we played good hockey, just gave up goals in 2 defensive lapses, then collapsed during the rest of the game. Against Buffalo, played balls against the wall hard, but gave up costly turnovers and penalties. (sure we did not get the same calls, but we can't score on the PP anyway).  Then tonight...

This is a trend, not cruising into the playoffs.  Trust me, I would love to play the Canadians i the playoffs, but do you honestly think we can get past them in the first round?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

slumps and winning streaks come and go in a long long season.

the back and forth bickering that goes on here really is becoming a drag.

playoffs can't start soon enough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Ipot before you get all over TT have a look at the shots against over the last while 40+ every night so don't drop this on the goalie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

the devils got rid of cj because he is to defensive they got rid of him right before the playoff and what happen the devils won the cup that yr!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why this team will not succeed in the Playoffs : WOW, I've heard it all now.  Fantastic excuse for this kind of play.  They have "clinched" the playoffs so their not working hard enough.    So, sandog, are you actually saying they are NOT going to show up for the final 14 games?  Awesome.  Free tix at TD, too.  I guess.  Bring out the kids from Providence.  Why not? Get a grip. It's become abundantly clear that this team has ridden TT's back for about 55 games and found themselves in the playoff hunt.  Now, they are showing that they are mediocre without him.  THey won't even support a goalie or fight for him when he kept them IN the game for 2 periods of 2 games for 2 days in a row.  They just sit back in their "try not to lose" mode. Wow, I can't believe an apologist calling the Bruins non-professional, lazy and afraid of injuries They haven't clinched a thing.  Cool, they should just call Bettman and ask for the 8 seed and go home until April.  Maybe, he'll give it to them.    Send in the Clowns. Cue Humpty-Dumpty music.   I'll come up with some good excuses for ya.   " They didn't show up against Columbus because they wanted to see the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in nearby Cleveland."   
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!

had Double T been just good rather than great during the first half of the season, this team wouldn't even be in the playoff picture....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Right on cue when the Bruins put up a few stinkers the emotional clown brigade enters the Bruins discussion to say "I told you so" see the whiners last 40 posts. What these loses right after a SEVEN GAME WIN STREAK tell me is how important Frenece's calming veteran presence means and how much better Kampfer is than Bartkowski indicitive to this version of the Bruins.

I made it through last seasons 10 game losing streak so I can make it through loses to three very good playoff teams and a young fast skating team that caught the Bruins on back to back nights. Last year the whiner said the Bruins were one and done in the playoffs but guess what happened the same poster who contributes to the "Fire Francona" or "Trade Papelbon" threads when the Red Sox have a bad stretch the same crybaby is right back on board when the ship is righted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thank you Ashama for doing some great research that I do not have to do now...

"The Reality:
    #1 Vancouver lost 4 straight in November and another 4 straight in January
    #2 Philly lost 4 straight last month
    #3 Detroit lost 4 straight last month
    #4 Washington lost 8 straight in December
    #5 Pittsburgh lost 4 straight in February
    #6 Boston lost 4 straight this month
    #7 San Jose lost 6 straight in January"

"MARK MY WORDS! Listen to me carefully that doesn't mean the Bruins aren't going to be one n done!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

IPOOTER lmao. IPOT even you have to admit that's funny.
    Listen, like cowboy wrote above the playoffs are whole total beast.
    Last season IPOT , TryToBearIt and a few others were saying the Bruins would not make it past the 1st round.  Then what happened ? 
    Yes, you both admitted you were wrong and how amusing it was till ... well I don't want to repeat it.
    Bruins just need to focus and stop looking too ahead of themselves.

This is the final stretch and the players see it .  It's like running a long track race. You pace yourself , then you pick up speed,  you start to prepare yourself for the final sprint but look for the finish line too soon.  At this point you need to realize re-focus, suck it up and fight through the fatigue to finish strong. 
    Hopefully the Bruins stop looking for the finish line and concentrate game by game to finish strong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

ILike you said a little drunk, Don't you mean hammered, Home Ice???n Response to Why this team will not succeed in the Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]I am very frustrated now; and a little drunk; but I am just thinking about why I don't think that this team will succeed in the Playoffs.  First, let me state that I am not a fair weather fan and have been a STH for quite some time.  However, I feel compelled to make a list of why I don't think this team will not make it out of the first round: 1. matchups:  unless there are major changes, looks like we are going to be facing Montreal; even if we switch places in the NE.  Not the best matchup for the Bs. 2. coaching:  lets face it, his track record says enough. 3. giveaways:  bruins are not playing a tight game, they are giving away the puck constantly and are their own worst enemy.   4. no home ice advantage:  can't seem to win at home and wins away are much harder in the playoffs. 5. closing games:  early in the season, this team had a hard time holding a lead, now that seems to be coming back...not a good trend heading for the playoffs. ok that is my opinion.  hope to hear all of yours.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I cant believe what Im reading here. Some people say the B's are playing poorly because they are on cruise control and planning on the 2-3 seed. What?  they are headed straight for the 6-7-8 seed!  Now, I wouldnt think that would matter too much because this team plays better on the road, but if they match up with a team like Montreal in their building with their personal officiating as well as superior offense and best goalie in the NHL, the B's will be rubbed out quicker than a bug on a turnbuckle.

And honestly- this team has done nothing but underachieve in the playoffs in recent years except for a first round upset over Buffalo.  Why the optimism that they will suddenly "turn it on" at playoff time?  I know people on this board get SO upset with posters that dont just blindly believe this team will go to the Finals, but I have not seen anything that tells me anything good.

They got some good goaltending from TT early in the year, but he's been nothing more than mediocre for quite some time.  This team is going to have to show some actual heart, consistency and offense (and maybe even a power play goal on a 5 on 4) before I get any warm and fuzzy feelings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I find the ups and downs people experience as fans of this team amazing.  I too can't wait for the playoffs to see what the Bruins of '11 are really all about.