why trade sturm???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

why trade sturm???

Here's a thought..... The deal that "almost" was...had Sturm going to L.A. in exchange for...well....rumour has it....a 5th rounder...otherwise known as "nothing". A pure salary dump by all accounts if the trade happened. Why not simply send him to Providence? Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I'm sure evryone will lol)...but is this the procedure or not. We send him down to Providence, and in order to arrive in providence he has to clear waivers. If someone claims him on waivers (unlikely because of his contract & unproven health)...we are no worse than the trade for a 5th rounder. If nobody claims him, we can have him play there...get in game condition...strengthen his knees....and bring him up for the playoffs with no salary cap issues. Why not simply do that plan, rather than "give" him away for nothing??
    And please don't send me a bunch of responses about "treating him with respect"..."giving him a chance to continue playing in the NHL"..blah blah blah. He understands a) this is a business...a business where winning matters...and b) he surely can't expect a team...whether Boston or one of the other 29...to "count" on him returning to any sort of "form" any time soon. After all, you're talking about a guy into his thirties, who'se had not one but TWO majoe knee surgeries. I don't think it's beyond reasonable for him to play in Providence until April. Thoughts?....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: why trade sturm???

It's a possibility he can get called back up during the playoffs without having to go back through re-entry waivers when the black aces get called up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

that's what I thought...so why trade him away for nothing? Maybe the trade not happening is a blessing in disguise......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: why trade sturm???:
    that's what I thought...so why trade him away for nothing? Maybe the trade not happening is a blessing in disguise......
    Posted by macdogcharm

Because you don't send a class act veteran like Marco Sturm down to the minors after he worked so hard to come back from an injury. Simply, not the right thing to do & doesn't look good on the organization. Don't forget there is a human element involved in these decisions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I'd dump Wheeler in favor of Sturm.  There would still be more $$ that would have to be shaved off the cap(let Paille go/minors too??), but Wheeler is driving me crazy.  He is such a soft player and is not helping this team at all.

Sturm on two bum knees could not be worse than Wheeler is right now.

Sections
Shortcuts