Why Zdeno Chara Is best defence man!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

Why Zdeno Chara Is best defence man!

Zdeno is truly the best right now in the game & how do I know that!

When your job is to shut down the other team best players including league leading point leaders (Daniel Sedin), play makers (Henrik Sedin), goal scores (Steven Stamkos) & even speed demons (Habs); you know your good but how about finishing with the best plus minus in the game (+16)!

How do you end up on the ice for more goals scored then against when you’re facing the best players in world? Answer: When you are the result of being the best defender in the world!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Why Zdeno Chara Is best defence man!

Your pronouncement on best defender in the world is disputable.  I would say of all the media banter on Marchand, Thomas, Bergeron, Recchi etc., Z's play is underestimated.  He made the whole team better.  Thomas benefitted from having Z for sure!  Without Thomas and the reliable Big Z, the others would not have had their days of glory!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Chara's best play came in the finals. Between him & Seidenberg they were able to shut down the Sedins and Burrows. As a matter of fact when you hold the leagues most potent offence to just 8 goals over a 7 game series is unheard of. Of course a big factor in that was the play of TT, but Chara's influence cannot be understated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

I agree with both of you!

I’m still shock with the media because they say the Bruins won the cup without any superstars besides Thomas!

To me Zdeno gave a performance to which he may one day be mention in the same sentence as Orr & Bourque (Legends)!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IAgree but, Orr won the scoring title twice as a D-man!!!!
    You will never see that again.n Response to Re: Why Zdeno Chara Is best defence man!:
    [QUOTE]I agree with both of you!   I’m still shock with the media because they say the Bruins won the cup without any superstars besides Thomas!   To me Zdeno gave a performance to which he may one day be mention in the same sentence as Orr & Bourque ( Legends)!
    Posted by john-88[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I have so much respect for the arc of Chara's career and what he has meant to the Bruins organization. He is and has been a superstar! His complete domination of the Sedins was truly phenomenal. One only needs to watch tape of game 2 vs Montreal when the whole team fell apart w/o his presence. He came back sick, underweight, and continued his assault on opposing forwards. Of Thomas' many miraculous saves vs Vancouver, I can't recall one being from a Sedin. Chara imo has been underappreciated and undervalued since coming here. Idiot writers questioning his leadership and fans who know nothing about hockey asking why he doesn't fight more. It's no coincidence he was nominated for the Mark Messier award. An award that goes to the player whose leadership both on and off the ice is above reproach. Here's hoping Big Z gets his due after hoisting the Big prize.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why Zdeno Chara Is best defence man!:
    [QUOTE]I have so much respect for the arc of Chara's career and what he has meant to the Bruins organization. He is and has been a superstar! His complete domination of the Sedins was truly phenomenal. One only needs to watch tape of game 2 vs Montreal when the whole team fell apart w/o his presence. He came back sick, underweight, and continued his assault on opposing forwards. Of Thomas' many miraculous saves vs Vancouver, I can't recall one being from a Sedin. Chara imo has been underappreciated and undervalued since coming here. Idiot writers questioning his leadership and fans who know nothing about hockey asking why he doesn't fight more. It's no coincidence he was nominated for the Mark Messier award. An award that goes to the player whose leadership both on and off the ice is above reproach. Here's hoping Big Z gets his due after hoisting the Big prize.
    Posted by brandonboys1[/QUOTE]
    There is no other D-man in the world that I would pick over Chara to lead a team into a 7 game series.I hope I never have to read another post from a Bruins fan that wishes we had Pronger instead of Chara.I thought it sounded ridiculous before. I know it sounds ridiculous now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funny to think Chara won his first career game 7, his second career game 7, and his third career game 7 in less time than in takes to read one of my posts.

Sections
Shortcuts