Wideman to Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wideman to Washington

I don't really know what to say about this one other than I hope they put him and Green together(2 defensive dynamos).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Wideman to Washington

I'm not saying this in a dink way but it's being talked about on the trade thread that was started. Just wanted to let a fellow poster know. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good trade for Caps.  I like this trade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man I hope the Bruins meet the Caps in the playoffs along with their goaltending it'll be a turkey shoot. WIDES assists will rise but his +/- will stay the same LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Wideman to Washington:
    I don't really know what to say about this one other than I hope they put him and Green together(2 defensive dynamos).
    Posted by dezaruchi

Just heard this one myself. I think he will help that powerplay out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Wideman to Washington:
    Posted by dezaruchi

My first thought was how does this center compare to Colbourne.  If they are equal the difference between Wideman and Kaberle is late 3rd rounder vs late first rounder.  A difference I can certainly live with.  Obviously if he is better then Colbourne the difference is less and vice versa if he is less valuable then Colbourne.

Edit
    I looked him up, he was signed as an unrestricted free agent prior to the season and is still in the ECHL.  He does not seem to be regarded in the same category as Colbourne strictly by the numbers and draft/FA status.  It seems the price paid for Kaberle is worth more then the difference in a first and a third.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman to Washington:
    I'm not saying this in a dink way but it's being talked about on the trade thread that was started. Just wanted to let a fellow poster know. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

I thought that other trend was a good idea but it doesnt sem to be catching on.  I think maybe if posters had decided on that method earlier it would have gotten more traction?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bad trade from the Panthers they got nothing in return ...an undrafted player ??????? I dont get it ...and we got Horton and Campbele for Wideman ...are they trying to demolish their team ?????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (all of a sudden my predictions make sense ! ? ! ? )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Bad trade from the Panthers they got nothing in return ...an undrafted player ??????? I dont get it ...and we got Horton and Campbele for Wideman ...are they trying to demolish their team ????? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (all of a sudden my predictions make sense ! ? ! ? )
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I think it is fair to question the value of the moves they have made surrounding Wideman.  It will be even more questionable if Horton can continue to get his game back on track.  Don't forget though that first round pick we gave them was probably the more valuable comodity in the original trade anyhow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by callodthedom19

I didn't realize the trade thread had started but you should realize that as far as being a dink goes,I have the market cornered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stanley it was a salary dump Tallon is looking to do a Chicago draft bonanza and keep certain veterans like Weiss, Booth and perhaps Volkoun as their mainstay core. I'll be in shock if the Panthers aren't north of the 49th in two years it's over as the NHL made the mistake of allowing an arena no where near downtown Miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

TSN is also reporting Sturm claimed off waivers by Washington...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355496

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman to Washington : I didn't realize the trade thread had started but you should realize that as far as being a dink goes,I have the market cornered.
    Posted by dezaruchi

haha fair enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Great move for them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TSN is also reporting Sturm claimed off waivers by Washington... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355496
    Posted by Kurako

Good afternoon to our friends on the Isle of Britainia. Were you on a long weekend in South of France ? Just asking that waiver move happened on Friday Kurako LoL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Oh no! There I was thinking it was breaking news Surprised

This West Coast trip has totally screwed me up. I haven't seen a Bs game in weeks. I even sunk to watching the Devils/ Panthers last night just to see some hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I called it that the Caps would be active.  Wideman was our best puck moving dman.  Washington has dynamic fwds who need this.  Great move.

They are looking at Arnott for their 2nd center.

Watch out for the Caps.  They have space under the cap and lots of picks and prospects

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I called it that the Caps would be active.  Wideman was our best puck moving dman.  Washington has dynamic fwds who need this.  Great move. They are looking at Arnott for their 2nd center. Watch out for the Caps.  They have space under the cap and lots of picks and prospects
    Posted by shuperman

You don't think this makes their D weaker? With Hannan, Green (when he comes back. Out at least 1-2weeks), and Wides aren't very strong in their own end. Come playoff time that could hurt them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think it may matter who they pair him with on that team. If he's paired with someone who is very good in his own end, his skill set can be used well.

I know this guy was scapegoat number 67 in the last 30 years of this organization, but if you took away his one poor year here, you can see he still has some great value in transition, passing, ruhsing the puck and on the PP.

I don't think it makes their D weaker. I think their goaltending is already suspect and Wideman helps their transition game and PP immediately.

It's not like by him being added is a negative. Believe it or not, in the land of offensive minded D Men, he's pretty good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman to Washington : You don't think this makes their D weaker? With Hannan, Green (when he comes back. Out at least 1-2weeks), and Wides aren't very strong in their own end. Come playoff time that could hurt them.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Nope. I think its a great move.  Puck moving dmen are vital.  Washington PP has also been terrible.  Wideman helps there as well.

Washington has this for dmen.

Hannan(defensive dmen)/Wideman(Puck moving dman and PP guy).
    Alzner/Carlson(rookies and are there shut down pair).
    Green/Schultz
    Poti/Erskine

all of these guys minus JE are good puck movers.  Washington has talent up front.  This helps their PP and it helps their transition game.  I think this is a very solid move.  Wideman may have been the scape goat here and isnt great in his own end). But he moves the pcuk well and will likely be permitted to jump into the play regularly. 

Good move

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well if the Bruins play the Caps in the playoffs they will know who to pick on-LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I think the Caps are grasping with this one.  Wideman's game hasn't been the same since he tore a groin a couple of years ago.  He is slower than slow going back to his own end to retrieve the puck and a strong forecheck does him in every time.  Prior to that injury I really liked his game.  But he just doesn't have the same quickness/1st step compared to when he first arrived in Boston. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wideman has 33 pts, 19 PP pts.  He is what he is.  His minus will change in Washington. He has 20 games to add on his totals on a team that scares me. 

Washington also added a speedy Sturm and a leader in Arnot who will likely play with Semin/Laich. 
    It also pushes Johansson(who is an absolute speed demon) down to 3rd line center.

Backstrom/Ovie/Knuble
    Arnott/Laich/Semin
    Johansson/Sturm/Fehr
    Hendricks/Chimera/Bradley

I know Boston can hang with anyone.  But Washington lacked leadership, PP, secondary scoring and a 2nd line center.  They addressed all three and did it very cheap. 
    They have a dominant 1st line and 2 lines that could be 2nd lines.  Fehr is a very solid player who they are missing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Unless the league elects to widen the nets by 2 feet -- The Caps may come out on the short end of this one.

Sections
Shortcuts