Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

Disclaimer - I'll just relay this rumor as I heard it.  I'm just throwing this out there just in case someone else heard this.

Source, guy I play hockey with, he is an attorney.  He knows a guy who he says is close to the Bruins organization but refused to say anything else about the guy.

What was said; on the morning of the 7th game with Toronto "they" (who exactly that is, I don't know) found Seguin passed out by the Frog Pond in Boston Common.

I'm just throwing this out there wondering if anyone else has heard this or can verify it or can say that's absolute nonsense because they know where he was at the time.

Yah I know, it's not our problem anymore and it's pretty easy to tear down this post, but I am curious to know if there is any truth to this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

honestly, regarding seguin, this is the thing that i think has made the most sense. so i choose to believe it's true. Also, I really appreciate the thread, I'm sick of threads with very misleading titles. You give it up in this one, I like that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

honestly, regarding seguin, this is the thing that i think has made the most sense. so i choose to believe it's true. Also, I really appreciate the thread, I'm sick of threads with very misleading titles. You give it up in this one, I like that. 

I don't want to say anything at all about it being true or not.

I like the kid, don't get me wrong, but if this is true, that's going a bit too far.

I want to know if there is any truth to this, if it happened word had to get out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I don't have anything to add, just you know he was up to something not Bruin worthy.  Passed out in a pond ? Sure why not. At least he didn't do a  MacTavish. I hope he learns how to party. Passing out in a pond is one step away from wearing a lampshade at a party. I wonder if he's done that one yet ? I wonder if the folks in Dallas know the difference between a lampshade and a cowboy hat ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i know a girl that works for the bruins. i asked her about this, she didn't confirm, but she didn't deny, she said "well you should believe what you want to believe." which is confirming exactly what i asked her about. so i think there is some serious validity to this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

I don't have anything to add, just you know he was up to something not Bruin worthy.  Passed out in a pond ? Sure why not. At least he didn't do a  MacTavish. I hope he learns how to party. Passing out in a pond is one step away from wearing a lampshade at a party. I wonder if he's done that one yet ? I wonder if the folks in Dallas know the difference between a lampshade and a cowboy hat ?

Just to get it clear, the rumor was passed out in the Boston Common *near* the Frog pond, not in it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who knows, stuff like this tends to take on a life of it's own, and they also tend to get better, especially when that person is no longer around to dispute it.

Just the fact that it's out there isnt good.

Anybody else hear in his press conference in Dallas regarding the gay slur how he claimed his account was hacked but then apologized for what he said???

That was weird.

My whole issue with Tyler, is when they drafted him he had the kid next door look. No tattoos, visible at least, now he's got a sleeve of them plus some. Not saying theirs anything wrong with them, personally I have none, but it seemed to me he was portraying himself as person he wasnt brought up or meant to be like. I think he grew up a nice kid, but after winning the cup got caught up in a lifestyle that doesnt suit him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Just to get it clear, the rumor was passed out in the Boston Common *near* the Frog pond, not in it.

Ahhhhh,,,,much better !  near it, not IN IT....Some how I feel better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

My guess is that some stupid "event" happened that pushed the B's brass into the position that he had to go. Whether is was this rumor or not, it was beyond his usual screw up that they could (or would) cover. I'll bet that even scoring a Cup winning goal this year wouldn't have saved him. Bottom line, he screwed up big time, got moved, and is now under a microscope for the rest of his career. I'll be watching a few Dallas games to see how he responds. It'll be interesting for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Who knows, stuff like this tends to take on a life of it's own, and they also tend to get better, especially when that person is no longer around to dispute it.

Anybody else hear in his press conference in Dallas regarding the gay slur how he claimed his account was hacked but then apologized for what he said???

That was weird.

My whole issue with Tyler, is when they drafted him he had the kid next door look. No tattoos, visible at least, now he's got a sleeve of them plus some. Not saying theirs anything wrong with them, personally I have none, but it seemed to me he was portraying himself as person he wasnt brought up or meant to be like. I think he grew up a nice kid, but after winning the cup got caught up in a lifestyle that doesnt suit him.

The contradicotry no-homo tweet was pathetic.  It's not called a hacked account, Tyler, it's called "drunken errors".

He did have his name on his arm in big block letters, but the rest is new.  There is never a reason to have a tattoo on your forearm.  People with sleeve tattoos are losers.  Blanket statement.  I stand by it.  If anyone here is upset by that because they have a sleeve tattoo, big whoop.  You're a loser.

Be young.  Get drunk.  That's fine.  If you're failing at your job, you'd better not show up stinking like a brewery. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

And in a couple of weeks we will also learn that Tyler did Julien's and Chiarelli's wives...

I would never put too much stock into these rumors. It might be true, but what difference does it make? Even if he really was found passed out by the Frog Pond on the morning of game 7 with Toronto, he showed a lot of life during OT that very night and he assisted on Bergie's game winner.

But we can all agree that his game had regressed considerably the past season, and we all know that there were some off-the-ice issues. And the Bruins needed to create some cap room; trading Seguin was basically the only option they had. If he now turns into the superstar the Bruins had hoped they had drafted, this trade might not look too good on Chiarelli's resume; however, at this point in time there are no indications that Seguin really will stop underachieving.

Anyway, time to move on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cec1JInytH0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That was weird.

Speaking of tatoos...the tatoos king on the B's was none other than Andrew Ference. So, I think tatoos have nothing to do with this.

Most of you have heard the expression "an apple doesn't fall far from the tree". I think that is the issue here. I'm not talking about just the paternal side here.

In his first year, Tyler's tree was shaken and Tyler was very shaken and that is when he fell. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

In his first year, Tyler's tree was shaken and Tyler was very shaken and that is when he fell. 

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make sense ............year 2, Seguin was the Bruins leading scorer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Why are we ripping on a young kid.  It seems we do this a lot when we trade players.  ie Jumbo Joe.   Joe is likely one of the classiest guys around who hasnt been able to get his team over the hump.  Now Seguin who is a bright young talent.   

I didnt see anyone complaining about him when he was in pictures gooned after the cup win.  Maybe someone fro. Inside the organization should be held to some degree responsible since he was an under aged player.  How about the captains on the team.  Where was uncle ST?  Yes Seguin is responsible for his actions but he was and still is a kid.  People will say bergie and lucic didnt do that.   Um, yes they did, it just wasnt a media zoo around it.  

Ive known many a hockey player and a good many were pi$$ tanks.  I was coached by danny grant who was known as the fish.   Hockey players drink.  This isnt new.  Whats new is the organization leaking this out.   Social media etc etc.  i get what some of you are saying in regards to being a pro and coming to work.  Tyler didnt make us lose those games against the leafs though.  A hockey player getting ripped is about as new to hockey as the puck is.  

Seguin has a lot of growing up to do.  Im not denying that.  there isnt one male in here that doesnt have a great many drunk story.   Being a cop and on many road trip i can tell you passing out by a pond isnt the worst thing in the world.  

Lets give the kid a break.  Hes not here anymore for starters.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's not a kid.  He's a man.  He chose life as a professional hockey player.  He chose life as a public figure.  If he's going to be in the spotlight, he can't hide in the shadows when acting the fool.

Yes, get hammered with the boys.  Don't do it in BU dorm rooms.  And don't do it during the playoffs when your stats stink.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He's not a kid.  He's a man.  He chose life as a professional hockey player.  He chose life as a public figure.  If he's going to be in the spotlight, he can't hide in the shadows when acting the fool.

Yes, get hammered with the boys.  Don't do it in BU dorm rooms.  And don't do it during the playoffs when your stats stink.

NAS, its in the public eye bc the team is justifying it.  Its a joke.  21 is barely legal in your country.  where were the team reps 3 yrs ago? Why didnt they step up when he was a kid with the so called adults on the team when he was dancing on the speakers.

If you were a responsible "man" at 21 im proud of you.  Took me to about the age of 28 to smarten up.  From my experience with work a 20-21 male is not a man.  The size is there.  The brain isnt.  

the stories murray has told me about ray, cam oates huscroff and others are just great stories.  If leaked to the media not so much. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS.  Why didnt they deal lucic after his domestic?   Its funny what the media gets, glorifies and then we eat it like its an all you can eat lobster buffet.   if the stories of what went on with each player got out im pretty sure our opinions on them would be tarnished.  A 21 passing out by a tree is far from breaking news.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"At least he didn't do a  MacTavish"

That is what I don't want to happen to him. He'll turn it around and we'll see 30 threads next season about how Chiarelli made a mistake.

PS. I would have robbed that rich, souse blind if I had come across him passed out at Boston Common LoL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm with shupe on this.  Twenty-one year old hockey players drink. No big deal.  However, there are some 21 year old hockey players who shouldn't, because their bodies can't handle it and could lead to alcoholism.  TS could be in that category.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Why are we ripping on a young kid.  It seems we do this a lot when we trade players.  ie Jumbo Joe.   Joe is likely one of the classiest guys around who hasnt been able to get his team over the hump.  Now Seguin who is a bright young talent.   

I didnt see anyone complaining about him when he was in pictures gooned after the cup win.  Maybe someone fro. Inside the organization should be held to some degree responsible since he was an under aged player.  How about the captains on the team.  Where was uncle ST?  Yes Seguin is responsible for his actions but he was and still is a kid.  People will say bergie and lucic didnt do that.   Um, yes they did, it just wasnt a media zoo around it.  

Ive known many a hockey player and a good many were pi$$ tanks.  I was coached by danny grant who was known as the fish.   Hockey players drink.  This isnt new.  Whats new is the organization leaking this out.   Social media etc etc.  i get what some of you are saying in regards to being a pro and coming to work.  Tyler didnt make us lose those games against the leafs though.  A hockey player getting ripped is about as new to hockey as the puck is.  

Seguin has a lot of growing up to do.  Im not denying that.  there isnt one male in here that doesnt have a great many drunk story.   Being a cop and on many road trip i can tell you passing out by a pond isnt the worst thing in the world.  

Lets give the kid a break.  Hes not here anymore for starters.  

THANK YOU SHUPE!!!!....  WELL PUT....

unfortunately we will be hearing all kind of crap like this coming out for quite a while yet....

it's 7 yrs and some still have it in for Joe Franchise....

funny how a story like this about the kid comes out two months later....

KUDOS AGAIN, SHUPE. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"At least he didn't do a  MacTavish"

That is what I don't want to happen to him. He'll turn it around and we'll see 30 threads next season about how Chiarelli made a mistake.

PS. I would have robbed that rich, souse blind if I had come across him passed out at Boston Common LoL

san the ripper.  Has a nice ring to it.  Hopefully you dont dig too deep in his pockets ya freak.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

san the ripper.  Has a nice ring to it.  Hopefully you dont dig too deep in his pockets ya freak.  [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have too Tyler wears a phat Rolex! I could fix my boat, get 50 cases of Jameo, buy a new zoot suit and a new Cadillac for my momma BAM!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

NAS, its in the public eye bc the team is justifying it.  Its a joke.  21 is barely legal in your country.  where were the team reps 3 yrs ago? Why didnt they step up when he was a kid with the so called adults on the team when he was dancing on the speakers.

If you were a responsible "man" at 21 im proud of you.  Took me to about the age of 28 to smarten up.  From my experience with work a 20-21 male is not a man.  The size is there.  The brain isnt.  

the stories murray has told me about ray, cam oates huscroff and others are just great stories.  If leaked to the media not so much. 

Shupe, I agree with NAS here because I think when he says in the public eye, he means, not "In public" where random people i.e college kids can snap phots of you and put it on the internet where if he was surrounded by teammates or close friends who wouldnt do that to him. Teammates also wouldnt let him end up in compromised situations (frog pond??)...They would make sure he got home.

Many of us werent responsible at the age of 21. heck many of us did things we regret late in out twenties as you pointed out. But many of us also werent being paid millions of dollars to show up to work the next day with teammates that depend on us to be ready to go. Theres a responsibilty that comes with that. The day he signed a contract to become a proffesional hockey player, he also signed up for that responsibilty.

Absolutley nothing wrong with him going out and having a good time, but know your limits, pick your spots (certainly not playoff time) and surround yourself with people who will be quick to point this out to you.

Also, 3 years ago, it was reported his partying, along with Marchand became so out of control that Neely had to send the two of them home. it was talked about at length in here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

My view has evolved since the trade and I tend to align with NAS on this.  Screw this kid.

Partying is one thing, fine. But, when partying begins to take priority and impact your ability to perform on the ice, that is an altogether different discussion.

B's fans should be angry about Seguin's lack of professionalism.  It ties to his lack of performance and him ultimately being shipped out.  Joe Thornton didn't have these issues and was hammered.  Kessel was a soft/ socially aloof character that wanted a big pay-day and was hammered for it.

I don't wish him well.  I hope he is able to maintain his party schedule and is a bust in Big-D. Every time Eriksson scores on his way to a 30-goal season, I hope we hear "Thank you Tyler".  Turns out that Tyler was an immature little punk that let down his fans, organization, teammates and ultimately himself. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

If, and I say "if", he was partying during the playoffs, then he's an idiot, plain and simple. I don't care if he's 21 or 31, we're talking about the most important time of the season. And this was not a one time incident, but the last straw of probably numerous. Maybe winning the Cup his first year made him feel like he could do no wrong. This felt way different than the Joe Thornton trade situation. Believe me, I wanted Seguin to succeed and become a star HERE, and he dropped the ball and disappointed many. And I know that some posters want all B's fans to simply move on, but this is gonna be news for many seasons to come. A Cup next season would certainly help.