Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

Seguin is gone, yup, time to move on.  Although I disagree with a 21 is not a man, Bergeron was a man at 21 so was Chara etc.  Drinking and partying is not a condemnation of his manhood.  Orr, Sanderson, Espo, etc. were all party animals.  Mickey Mantle was also, for you KPD lovers who say today's young millionaries are different.  Look, Seguin needs to grow up and realize he was in the Stanley Cup playoffs.  He needed to be motivated by that fact, thus the beards!  Comparitively speaking, Jagr mentioned waiting 20 years to have another chance.  Seguin did not seize the day.  I hope Seguin does have more chances at a Cup.  No person wants a player or person for that matter to fail.  Good luck Tyler.  Thanks for helping win the Cup in 2011.  Lastly he is a man at 21.

In keeping with the thread topic, a person found sleeping next to a pond more than likely passed out near his toilet. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good counter Shupe. Yes the kid has great talent, but[ NAS' favorite] the kid is still a kid in his actions. Many of us spent our early twenties in the service, and out of the limel;ight and Country. Perhaps the Bruins needed more supervision, but, the "kid" has had too much toosoon. Should have  is hind sight. Let's hope he grows up, but, the Dallas i knew from many business trips, plus stories about the "Cowboys" won't be any stricter than beantown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

PS.  Why didnt they deal lucic after his domestic?   Its funny what the media gets, glorifies and then we eat it like its an all you can eat lobster buffet.   if the stories of what went on with each player got out im pretty sure our opinions on them would be tarnished.  A 21 passing out by a tree is far from breaking news.  

People don't get traded for arguing with their girlfriends.

Back to the subject, hey, I'm all for partying.  I'm all against partying during the playoffs.  Shut it down for the run.  Get drunk all summer long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He's not a kid.  He's a man.  He chose life as a professional hockey player.  He chose life as a public figure.  If he's going to be in the spotlight, he can't hide in the shadows when acting the fool.

Yes, get hammered with the boys.  Don't do it in BU dorm rooms.  And don't do it during the playoffs when your stats stink.

Shupe, I agree with NAS here because I think when he says in the public eye, he means, not "In public" where random people i.e college kids can snap phots of you and put it on the internet where if he was surrounded by teammates or close friends who wouldnt do that to him. Teammates also wouldnt let him end up in compromised situations (frog pond??)...They would make sure he got home.

Many of us werent responsible at the age of 21. heck many of us did things we regret late in out twenties as you pointed out. But many of us also werent being paid millions of dollars to show up to work the next day with teammates that depend on us to be ready to go. Theres a responsibilty that comes with that. The day he signed a contract to become a proffesional hockey player, he also signed up for that responsibilty.

Absolutley nothing wrong with him going out and having a good time, but know your limits, pick your spots (certainly not playoff time) and surround yourself with people who will be quick to point this out to you.

Also, 3 years ago, it was reported his partying, along with Marchand became so out of control that Neely had to send the two of them home. it was talked about at length in here.

Kelv, the public eye today could follow you into the bathroom while you take a dump.  Some things like marchand assaulting someone and it gets swept under the carpet goes away, Seguin is a party boy and passes out by a tree and its cnn worthy in boston.  How?  What made marchands act of criminal behavior slide, or lucics domestic slide but party boy seguin in a villain.   

i look around at sports today.  Seguin is an angel if all he does is get plastered and nail some hot BU chicks.  Check out the NFL arrest log since the super bowl.  Seguin has done nothing wrong other then get caught being a party boy.  In part bc the team wanted to sell this trade.  

yup he makes millions as a very young man, yup young men like to drink and get into trouble, yup he should be more responsible, but i can let this stuff slide imo.  Ive been there.  Not making millions but all the other stuff.  Hes young and having fun, not harming anyone, played a full season 2nd in goals, tied for 3rd in pts, one shy of 30 the previos year.  

I agree he should show more self control, but i can also relate and can see myself doing the same.  

Again, the media prints what it wants.  if it followed every nhl player around it would be filled.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

If, and I say "if", he was partying during the playoffs, then he's an idiot, plain and simple. I don't care if he's 21 or 31, we're talking about the most important time of the season. And this was not a one time incident, but the last straw of probably numerous. Maybe winning the Cup his first year made him feel like he could do no wrong. This felt way different than the Joe Thornton trade situation. Believe me, I wanted Seguin to succeed and become a star HERE, and he dropped the ball and disappointed many. And I know that some posters want all B's fans to simply move on, but this is gonna be news for many seasons to come. A Cup next season would certainly help.

Its a time of year most euros especially russians have been noted as not caring.  Why? No pay day.   Seguin isnt the first player to break team rules of drinking.  

Seguin isnt a bruin anymore.  We lost the cup for more reasons then TS.   

I hope he does well.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, so - I don't think the team is putting stuff like this out there to justify anything.  I don't think the team is putting anything out.  I think a 21 yr. old grew up in this world of social media where he and everyone he knows is accustomed to everythign being fair game for blowing up on Twitter.  I think Chiarelli mentioned the lack of professionalism in a fit of frustration after the exit conversation with Seguin. I think they explored shopping him to see if there was a deal there that made the Bruins as good or better for the short term and still protected them a bit long term (any of Morrow, Smith or Nash are in the top half of the roster when the Bruins play the Stars in 2018 = protected successfully).  They found it.  They made the deal.  And Dallas is about as far from Boston as they could send him assuming LA and Phoenix weren't interested.

The rumour thing is a perfect storm of people who knew (media, staffers) but protected the kid because they have an interest in the team not shutting them out now having no reason to protect him, and the cameraphone photos of every beer the kid has had since he got to Boston.

Curious to hear what "shook his tree", but count me among those who remembers the story of Tyler the mature, the kid whose values and commitment to professionalism were so impressive that the Bruins weren't going to follow their usual practice of billeting an underage kid with a veteran player.  He could be trusted to live alone.  Well, this is Denmark, and what's that smell?

As for ripping JT Superstar - I'm a card-carrying Thornton hater.  I have a long list of grievances and if Joe ever accepts my invitation to Festivus, I'll air them in full.  But here's the short version.  For starters, I support the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.  You leave Boston, and your name isn't Bourque or Orr, chances are I will not wish you well in your new destination and won't give a rat's about you until you are no longer playing against the Bruins.  Esposito rule there.  The night Colorado beat Jersey and Bourque hoisted the Cup, a reporter stuck a mike in my face and said "How do you feel about Bourque finally getting to hoist the Cup?"  I said I don't want to talk about it.

As for JT specifically, I hate that the Bruins of all franchises blew up the CBA provisions to hold the line on rookie salaries because they needed him to come in and play to sell tickets.  Yes, yes, "all he did was sign the deal he was offered" but that's K-rap.  His agent was all over this plan and knew they could hold the Bruins over a barrell with it.  As it was reported, it was here's this loophole and you're going to use it or Joe will walk.  Oh, and I represent Samsonov too, and he gets the same deal.  Not a good start.

I hate that his response to Burns insisting he learn to be responsible at both ends of the ice seemed to be to laugh it off and wait because, hey, he was so offensively skilled that eventually they'll have to turn him loose.  I hate that, as he started to develop a complete game, Allison got hurt and he got the #1 job without having to displace a less gifted but more competitive player.  I hated the feeling that Joe was going to find a way to screw up; I had that feeling for most of his years in Boston because he blew it more often than he found a way to make the play that would lead to wins for the Bruins - he was the polar opposite to Bergeron.  Through all of his struggles - and let's remember that he was a league level scorer once in Boston - I was pulling for him and ecstatic at every sign of progress.  But as the years moved on, and he signed successive huge deals that he hadn't earned - not because there wasn't enough evidence the shupe feels about Rask, but because the evidence on hand said he wasn't elite and might never be - and then complained that the Bruins didn't spend enough to get him support?  He laid the rail I was ready to run him out on.  When he stopped playing the all around game that Keenan demanded of him, and when it looked like that one huge year was a product of playing in Robbie Ftorek's system, and when he became a pass-first perimeter player 90% of the time?  I had a ball of frustration and disappointment building that was only kept in check by the fact he wore the B.

When he went to San Jose and said "I guess I was the problem" like some prima dona who doesn't recognize that yes, as the centrepiece around which a flawed team was built, you were a big part of the problem, I had no reason not to vent that frustration.  For about 5 years, Joe Thornton was the key to success for the Bruins; as he went, so did the team.  Even now, he takes shots at the organization that made coaching changes to get the most out of him, paid him like a superstar from day one, got him veteran wingers that complimented his preferred game.  To keep this the short version, I'll stick to this last point.  One of the stories people told about why Thornton was a Hart winner and Art Ross winner in SJ but never in Boston was that SJ gave him someone to play with: 56 goal man Cheechoo.  What a load that has proven to be.  Murray and Knuble demonstrated that they were 28+ goal players with centres other than Thornton.  Thornton bumped their totals slightly.  Cheechoo had one 28 goal year playing with Marleau, a huge year once Thornton arrived, a 20 goal decline the next year, then a rapid falling off the map.  Cheechoo was not an elite winger who maximized Thornton's potential.  Thornton was mad at the Bruins and decided to play a complete game to show them what they had given away.  Once that was accomplished, he dialed it back down over the next couple of years.  And you know what else?  Maybe this is the hate, but he has been a much, much more impressive playoff player the last couple of years...since the Bruins won the Cup.

JT Superstar hates the Bruins.  Ipso Facto, he can go copulate with a manatee for all I care.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kelv, the public eye today could follow you into the bathroom while you take a dump.  Some things like marchand assaulting someone and it gets swept under the carpet goes away, Seguin is a party boy and passes out by a tree and its cnn worthy in boston.  How?  What made marchands act of criminal behavior slide, or lucics domestic slide but party boy seguin in a villain.   

i look around at sports today.  Seguin is an angel if all he does is get plastered and nail some hot BU chicks.  Check out the NFL arrest log since the super bowl.  Seguin has done nothing wrong other then get caught being a party boy.  In part bc the team wanted to sell this trade.  

yup he makes millions as a very young man, yup young men like to drink and get into trouble, yup he should be more responsible, but i can let this stuff slide imo.  Ive been there.  Not making millions but all the other stuff.  Hes young and having fun, not harming anyone, played a full season 2nd in goals, tied for 3rd in pts, one shy of 30 the previos year.  

I agree he should show more self control, but i can also relate and can see myself doing the same.  

Again, the media prints what it wants.  if it followed every nhl player around it would be filled.  

I agree with pretty much all of this, Shupe.  My biggest problem with Seguin is partying during the playoffs. 

As for passing out in a random spot in Boston.  I did that a few different times in my 20's.  Got robbed once.  Good thing I was a poor college kid.  All I lost was a $20 watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Okay, so -  (and something else about Thornton or something)

Awesome post, Book.  F Thornton.  A too soft playoff ghost who couldn't play when it mattered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Agreed - awesome post by Book.  Good points, I was led to believe he was mature as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

General replies to some people.

He's no longer a Bruin, move on.

Fine for you, but not for me.  I have full explanation of the JT and PK trades to my satisfaction, but the TS isn't resolved in my mind yet.  I have a right to post whatever I want on this forum, and a right put my mind to rest about my concerns with TS.

Yes, guys with 21 party, but according to my math and careful statistical analysis, every single last player current or past in the league who saw play at age 22 was age 21 once and an overwhelming vast majority of them weren't traded because of it.

Yah, getting tats is all the rage now, but Ference had about 10 more years to get his done than Tyler.  I hate it, it's a fad, but all the kids are getting it done now.

In Esposito's book he says some really strong stuff about Middleton's partying in NY, if you have the book, look it up, but Espo suggested it was so sever that Middleton's life might be in danger (sounded like  a drug habit, or owed to much money to a dealer or something severe).  Espo suggested that Middleton's move to Boston saved his life.

And I'm not trying to tear the kid down, I heard this and made it quite clear it was an unverified rumour.

Again, this is a RUMOUR!  But I want to know if anyone else heard this other than from me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

In his first year, Tyler's tree was shaken and Tyler was very shaken and that is when he fell. 

Doesn't make sense ............year 2, Seguin was the Bruins leading scorer.

[/QUOTE]

It takes a while to hit bottom. He still has a little ways to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Bookboy, fantastic post.

You captured my exact sentiments of Jumbo Joe's time pre and post trade perfectly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree with pretty much all of this, Shupe.  My biggest problem with Seguin is partying during the playoffs. 

As for passing out in a random spot in Boston.  I did that a few different times in my 20's.  Got robbed once.  Good thing I was a poor college kid.  All I lost was a $20 watch.

[/QUOTE]

Partying-drinking once the playoffs starts is normally a team rule.  Most follow it.  I see some teams even ban twitter ie biznasty.  I do have a problem with the playoff aspect as well.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Okay, so - I don't think the team is putting stuff like this out there to justify anything.  I don't think the team is putting anything out.  I think a 21 yr. old grew up in this world of social media where he and everyone he knows is accustomed to everythign being fair game for blowing up on Twitter.  I think Chiarelli mentioned the lack of professionalism in a fit of frustration after the exit conversation with Seguin. I think they explored shopping him to see if there was a deal there that made the Bruins as good or better for the short term and still protected them a bit long term (any of Morrow, Smith or Nash are in the top half of the roster when the Bruins play the Stars in 2018 = protected successfully).  They found it.  They made the deal.  And Dallas is about as far from Boston as they could send him assuming LA and Phoenix weren't interested.

The rumour thing is a perfect storm of people who knew (media, staffers) but protected the kid because they have an interest in the team not shutting them out now having no reason to protect him, and the cameraphone photos of every beer the kid has had since he got to Boston.

Curious to hear what "shook his tree", but count me among those who remembers the story of Tyler the mature, the kid whose values and commitment to professionalism were so impressive that the Bruins weren't going to follow their usual practice of billeting an underage kid with a veteran player.  He could be trusted to live alone.  Well, this is Denmark, and what's that smell?

As for ripping JT Superstar - I'm a card-carrying Thornton hater.  I have a long list of grievances and if Joe ever accepts my invitation to Festivus, I'll air them in full.  But here's the short version.  For starters, I support the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.  You leave Boston, and your name isn't Bourque or Orr, chances are I will not wish you well in your new destination and won't give a rat's about you until you are no longer playing against the Bruins.  Esposito rule there.  The night Colorado beat Jersey and Bourque hoisted the Cup, a reporter stuck a mike in my face and said "How do you feel about Bourque finally getting to hoist the Cup?"  I said I don't want to talk about it.

As for JT specifically, I hate that the Bruins of all franchises blew up the CBA provisions to hold the line on rookie salaries because they needed him to come in and play to sell tickets.  Yes, yes, "all he did was sign the deal he was offered" but that's K-rap.  His agent was all over this plan and knew they could hold the Bruins over a barrell with it.  As it was reported, it was here's this loophole and you're going to use it or Joe will walk.  Oh, and I represent Samsonov too, and he gets the same deal.  Not a good start.

I hate that his response to Burns insisting he learn to be responsible at both ends of the ice seemed to be to laugh it off and wait because, hey, he was so offensively skilled that eventually they'll have to turn him loose.  I hate that, as he started to develop a complete game, Allison got hurt and he got the #1 job without having to displace a less gifted but more competitive player.  I hated the feeling that Joe was going to find a way to screw up; I had that feeling for most of his years in Boston because he blew it more often than he found a way to make the play that would lead to wins for the Bruins - he was the polar opposite to Bergeron.  Through all of his struggles - and let's remember that he was a league level scorer once in Boston - I was pulling for him and ecstatic at every sign of progress.  But as the years moved on, and he signed successive huge deals that he hadn't earned - not because there wasn't enough evidence the shupe feels about Rask, but because the evidence on hand said he wasn't elite and might never be - and then complained that the Bruins didn't spend enough to get him support?  He laid the rail I was ready to run him out on.  When he stopped playing the all around game that Keenan demanded of him, and when it looked like that one huge year was a product of playing in Robbie Ftorek's system, and when he became a pass-first perimeter player 90% of the time?  I had a ball of frustration and disappointment building that was only kept in check by the fact he wore the B.

When he went to San Jose and said "I guess I was the problem" like some prima dona who doesn't recognize that yes, as the centrepiece around which a flawed team was built, you were a big part of the problem, I had no reason not to vent that frustration.  For about 5 years, Joe Thornton was the key to success for the Bruins; as he went, so did the team.  Even now, he takes shots at the organization that made coaching changes to get the most out of him, paid him like a superstar from day one, got him veteran wingers that complimented his preferred game.  To keep this the short version, I'll stick to this last point.  One of the stories people told about why Thornton was a Hart winner and Art Ross winner in SJ but never in Boston was that SJ gave him someone to play with: 56 goal man Cheechoo.  What a load that has proven to be.  Murray and Knuble demonstrated that they were 28+ goal players with centres other than Thornton.  Thornton bumped their totals slightly.  Cheechoo had one 28 goal year playing with Marleau, a huge year once Thornton arrived, a 20 goal decline the next year, then a rapid falling off the map.  Cheechoo was not an elite winger who maximized Thornton's potential.  Thornton was mad at the Bruins and decided to play a complete game to show them what they had given away.  Once that was accomplished, he dialed it back down over the next couple of years.  And you know what else?  Maybe this is the hate, but he has been a much, much more impressive playoff player the last couple of years...since the Bruins won the Cup.

JT Superstar hates the Bruins.  Ipso Facto, he can go copulate with a manatee for all I care.

Why dont you tell us what you really feel.  cant wait to read chapter 2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I am sure there is some truth to the rumours about Seguin but I think there will also be made up or exaggerated stuff as well.  If he was partying at all during the playoffs he really doesn't have his priorities straight. Hopefully the trade wakes him up.  It worked for Joe.  He has gradually gone from being an offensive player only to being a good two way player.  He also has played well in the last 3 or 4 years in the playoffs so the general comments about him always disappearing in the playoffs are inaccurate.  This year he was an absolute force.  I hate when people make general comments based on someone's previous life and do not give the credit for improvements. I can't stand Kessel but I have to give him credit for stepping up against the Bruins in this year's playoffs. Oh wait his team lost so he still sucked I guess.

Hockey is a team sport and a leader can help push his team but you need to have the horses with you. If anyone tends to disappear in the playoffs in San Jose it is Marleau and Heatley when he was there.  I hope this trade leads to another Cup for the Bruins but I hope Tyler lights it up. If he does it doesn't necessarily mean the Bruins made a bad trade. Like Joe perhaps he needed the trade to give him a kick in the azz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Is this one of those exaggerated rumours?

Surely one of you out there must have 2 or 3 degrees of seperation from the Bruins or Seguin to say whether or not this is true.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm against drinking and partying during the playoffs, but I am also in favor of doing whatever works for you to succeed.  There are endless stories of sports heroes who partied hard and still succeeded.  I know lots of people who drink and smoke pot more than they should and still perform their jobs well when they need to.

The offensive thing about Seguin is the combination of questionable drinking/partying and the failure to do his job (score!) in the playoffs.  That is an unacceptable combination.

Seguin shouldn't be drinking in the first place during the playoffs, but I'd be fine with it he was tearing it up on the ice.  Because he played poorly, the tales of drinking seem like very bad judgment and/or a kid who has a problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Excellent post BB! My feelings on JT to a "T". The only reason he won the Hart trophy was that he was motivated to prove the B's made a mistake. Once he gave them the proverbial F you he went back to his periphery, overpassing type game and has not done much. I also agree that his playoff performances have gotten better but as i've said before, Jumbo Joe is a good loser.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'm against drinking and partying during the playoffs, but I am also in favor of doing whatever works for you to succeed.  There are endless stories of sports heroes who partied hard and still succeeded.  I know lots of people who drink and smoke pot more than they should and still perform their jobs well when they need to.

The offensive thing about Seguin is the combination of questionable drinking/partying and the failure to do his job (score!) in the playoffs.  That is an unacceptable combination.

Seguin shouldn't be drinking in the first place during the playoffs, but I'd be fine with it he was tearing it up on the ice.  Because he played poorly, the tales of drinking seem like very bad judgment and/or a kid who has a problem.

Two words - Terry Sawchuk

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow, possibly the best post ever on here.

So sick of Joe Thornton revisionist history, fans acting like the trade was a bad idea, that he didnt deserve to go, that he wasnt a complete me-first bust in Boston, that the deal did not directly lead to a Stanley Cup through Chara, and that JT hasnt been a complete DB re: Boston since leaving.

Let's not forget this gem from Joe:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357474

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Maybe he thought they won the cup again.

Playing center, isnt he gonna get lined up more? 

Keep yer head up Tyla. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

For Seguin's sake I hope the story's not true as it has a Sanderson-spiral feel to it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bravo, BB.  Brilliant take!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I wonder if the Stars are offering him some type of intervention?  If I am them, I protect that investment from Day 1 and get him some help.  Talking to him didn't work in Boston, he needs more than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

As I mentioned before BadHab. Ference, Thornton, Bergeron & Chara spoke to Seguin on at least 6 different occasions during the season & play-offs. He was made fun of for smelling like a brewery at practice. The only one that was ale to keep TS grounded was Mark Recchi. Who is in the Stars front office. Whether these stories are exagerated fact isn't known, but ya know the old saying...Where there's smoke.....

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur