Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

As I mentioned before BadHab. Ference, Thornton, Bergeron & Chara spoke to Seguin on at least 6 different occasions during the season & play-offs. He was made fun of for smelling like a brewery at practice. The only one that was ale to keep TS grounded was Mark Recchi. Who is in the Stars front office. Whether these stories are exagerated fact isn't known, but ya know the old saying...Where there's smoke.....

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Oh right - Dez has that friend in the Stars organization.  Hopefully he can chime in on this thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I wonder if the Stars are offering him some type of intervention?  If I am them, I protect that investment from Day 1 and get him some help.  Talking to him didn't work in Boston, he needs more than that.

Interventions are real serious things that are used for people with real serious problems.  I don't think that applies here.  I think the problem is that the player is not real serious about being the best he can be.

He doesn't need to stop drinking in order to save his soul.  He needs to stop partying as much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Kelv, the public eye today could follow you into the bathroom while you take a dump.  Some things like marchand assaulting someone and it gets swept under the carpet goes away, Seguin is a party boy and passes out by a tree and its cnn worthy in boston.  How?  What made marchands act of criminal behavior slide, or lucics domestic slide but party boy seguin in a villain.   

i look around at sports today.  Seguin is an angel if all he does is get plastered and nail some hot BU chicks.  Check out the NFL arrest log since the super bowl.  Seguin has done nothing wrong other then get caught being a party boy.  In part bc the team wanted to sell this trade.  

yup he makes millions as a very young man, yup young men like to drink and get into trouble, yup he should be more responsible, but i can let this stuff slide imo.  Ive been there.  Not making millions but all the other stuff.  Hes young and having fun, not harming anyone, played a full season 2nd in goals, tied for 3rd in pts, one shy of 30 the previos year.  

I agree he should show more self control, but i can also relate and can see myself doing the same.  

Again, the media prints what it wants.  if it followed every nhl player around it would be filled.  

Shupe, all good points, but when he is (reportedly) out at all hours of the night doing whatever, it is efftecting his performance level therefor effecting his teammates. You and I are in the same profession, I get in an argument with my wife at home it does not effect my co-workers. I show up to work the next day still hung over, and we have an armed bank robbery, thats a different story. Don't think my co-workers would appreciate that.

Certain jobs come with certain responsibilites. We live this to an extent as well. I get drunk at home or a relatives house on my night off and pass out by the pool, no big deal. I'm 21 at the time. Blowing off some steam.

I get drunk at a dorm and pass out amongst people in public on my night off and my bosses see it in social media under the title, "Look at Officer Kelvana"..I'm 21 doing something everyone else has done, but i'm an officer. .I may be getting called on the carpet come monday morning.

The only difference, is where I did it and whom I was surrounded by.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Hopefully he doesnt drive. Would seem ripe for a dui, which is quite the industry in  texas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I wonder if the Stars are offering him some type of intervention?  If I am them, I protect that investment from Day 1 and get him some help.  Talking to him didn't work in Boston, he needs more than that.

Interventions are real serious things that are used for people with real serious problems.  I don't think that applies here.  I think the problem is that the player is not real serious about being the best he can be.

He doesn't need to stop drinking in order to save his soul.  He needs to stop partying as much.

Fair enough NAS but a tell tale sign of alcoholism is when your work is being affected by your drinking.  Doesn't matter the person's age or profession.  I would also be curious if there is a family history of alcohol abuse in the Seguin family.  You never know who's fighting the demons. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't think he needs to necessarily stop partying. I think he needs to be more responsible for the timing of when he chooses to party. If he's partying in the off season, or during 4 days off during it. That one thing, but if he's doing it during the play-offs & NOT performing up to his pay structure then there's the issue. Also, if he's doing it more than 3x a week at any point. I think some intervention needs to take place. I don't care how old he is. There's having fun & then there's not able to have fun unless there's some sort of substance involved that's called a problem, or at least on the road to becoming one. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I know how lowly anonymous "sources" are regarded here, but for what it's worth, I have a friend who is a Boston cop and I asked him about Seguin out of general curiousity.  He said that he hadn't heard anything about the duck pond or ever came across Seguin personally, but he also said that Seguin is known by some of the police.  He said they have broken up several parties at his place and the cops don't like him because he always gives them the "do you know who I am routine?"

So since we're talking about hearsay and second hand rumors here, it sounds like Seguin is an annoyance to the police from what I heard and his reputation for partying is known to them.  Nothing wrong with this really, but it's another piece in the apparent puzzle of immaturity, drinking and entitlement overshadowing skill.

I am becoming more and more convinced that Chiarelli did really, really well in finding a good solution to an unraveling situation.  That isn't to say Seguin won't flourish in Dallas, but I think he needed to get out of Boston, for all parties involved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fair enough NAS but a tell tale sign of alcoholism is when your work is being affected by your drinking.  Doesn't matter the person's age or profession.  I would also be curious if there is a family history of alcohol abuse in the Seguin family.  You never know who's fighting the demons. 

That's insane, Hang.  He's 21 and rich and loving life.  Wondering about family alcoholism is way out of bounds.  It's not like he was swilling in between periods.  The B's needed him to be more of a professional and less of a partyboy.  They weren't picking him up from the drunk tank at 6pm on game nights.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I know how lowly anonymous "sources" are regarded here, but for what it's worth, I have a friend who is a Boston cop and I asked him about Seguin out of general curiousity.  He said that he hadn't heard anything about the duck pond or ever came across Seguin personally, but he also said that Seguin is known by some of the police.  He said they have broken up several parties at his place and the cops don't like him because he always gives them the "do you know who I am routine?"

So since we're talking about hearsay and second hand rumors here, it sounds like Seguin is an annoyance to the police from what I heard and his reputation for partying is known to them.  Nothing wrong with this really, but it's another piece in the apparent puzzle of immaturity, drinking and entitlement overshadowing skill.

I am becoming more and more convinced that Chiarelli did really, really well in finding a good solution to an unraveling situation.  That isn't to say Seguin won't flourish in Dallas, but I think he needed to get out of Boston, for all parties involved.

Pun intended Fletch?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know how lowly anonymous "sources" are regarded here, but for what it's worth...

Sources like that are poor unless the info comes from a reliable source like one of the gang here.  I'd take your statement as one of fact, Fletch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

As I mentioned before BadHab. Ference, Thornton, Bergeron & Chara spoke to Seguin on at least 6 different occasions during the season & play-offs. He was made fun of for smelling like a brewery at practice. The only one that was ale to keep TS grounded was Mark Recchi. Who is in the Stars front office. Whether these stories are exagerated fact isn't known, but ya know the old saying...Where there's smoke.....

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Oh right - Dez has that friend in the Stars organization.  Hopefully he can chime in on this thread.

There's no way I'd be able to share anything about that BH. I'd never want to put him on the spot like that. The next thing you know we'd see Internet rumors attributed to a source within the Stars organization. No thanks to that. I will however, share the info from the texts on the day of the trade: 

On Eriksson - "he's versatile and is better than Seguin at the moment for less cash. We needed centers. Could easily score 35 next year on top line."

On the other prospects received - "all those players you got will have a real chance to play in the NHL.....Fraser has at least 70 goals in last 2 years in AHL......Riley Smith is highly skilled and Morrow is an outstanding skater. All 3 just need time/experience which is good for B's because of cap..........they can slide in when current guys deals expire."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from overpaid40. Show overpaid40's posts

Good riddance sissy. Hope you enjoy Texas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

That's insane, Hang.  He's 21 and rich and loving life.  Wondering about family alcoholism is way out of bounds.  It's not like he was swilling in between periods.  The B's needed him to be more of a professional and less of a partyboy.  They weren't picking him up from the drunk tank at 6pm on game nights.

hang's point of "partying" impacting your job is a huge red flag.  Sounds like the team tried to address this with him on multiple occaisions.  He didn't change his ways and was shipped to an awesome party city.  Drink up Tyler and have fun with your new single teammates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to overpaid40's comment:

Good riddance sissy. Hope you enjoy Texas.

Thank You!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have a couple of freinds on there. They said pretty much the same thing. They've been to his condo a few times on neighbors complaining about the noise. Each time he became more of a wiseguy wondering why he can't have a party. They just told him, have all the parties you want, just keep it down so your neighbors can sleep and dont have to call us.

One spoke to a neighbor who called and the neighbor just said in the past 4 months some of the parties just got too loud. They were more concerned about people in the hallways making noise as they were coming and going. The neighbor did say other than that, he was a nice kid who went out of his way to say hello, and seemed very friendly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seguin like any other professional in any era dating back to Babe Ruth is a part of the national now international media.  If Tyler scored goals, his twitter account and lack of professionalism would not be an issue.  Since his purported partying has been displayed by whomever, I guess we need to have a sympathtic thread on Tyler being a victim.  

I don't buy the portrayal of him socially, I do wonder why he was on the third line bumped by an ageing Jagr, Iginla spurned last minute trade function of PC management.  Seguin later had time to shine when Bergeron was quite not able to play.  For that matter Bergeron should have not been playing in the SCF afterwards.  Seguin did not perform in that game.  My guess Yzerman (the new 91 Gretzky in the Dallas uniform) could have upped his game in those crucial times.  Stamkos comes to mind, if you wish to be a superstar where else would you perform beyond your skill level, ahhh the SCF.  Stamkos would have I bet.  Seguin was not the reason for the defeat by the Blahocks, he did not impress his bosses though.  He is history.  He is not Thornton.  

While on the subject of Thornton, let us not forget the annoited Superstar status given to JT when he arrived.  Burns later Keenan could not transform the perfect player into a Superstar.  JT was not the type to do so.  He was not captain material then and now.  Once he was traded, in Novmeber, he became the whipping boy of the Bruins fans.  If he responded in response the next year, well it was  not entirely a vindication of him personally but the harsh treatment of JJ et al for being annoited the next Superstar by a deprived playoff team named the Boston Bruins in those times.  LeCavalaier comes to mind as well when thinking of Jumbo Joe.  I don't hate JT, I hate how he was treated in Boston.  He was soft and an affable player.  He was talented and subquently traded in a "knee jerk reaction" of Bs management fit of ananger.  Box of pucks was goten for his value as a player.  JT was not a Superstar at 21, he was a wanna B.  By comparison, Bergeron's career was more even handled by Bs managemet. No proclaimaitons, no fanfare, no huge contracts, just let him develop.  He on the other hand was captain material.

Back to Seguin, he will ultimately shine with that ablility to shoot while in full skating stride.  I think He needs to cut to the middle a bit more and shoot low not always high imo.  I hope his career is bountiful.  Undoubtedly then the JT comparison will be more complete.  But make no comparison on JT and Seguin from the intial years in the NHL.  Seguin was given less time because he was playing on a team who has been to the Cup twice in three years.  He was given more loving than JT and was playing with some high end charater players including Recchi.  So I as a fan bid you farewell Tyler.  I did not have privy to your "media proposed" antics or Twitter age hype, I did witness a lack a development "seize the moment" time in game 4 of the SCF. I was not impressed. Neely said it best. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Tyler Seguin = Justin Bebier ?......Who knows ? .....Fact....Tyler Segin wore out his welcome.....Fact....He's 21, got the whole world in front of him with a big pocket full of cash, doing something he loves ( which is more than I can say)....Fact...if he does have a drinking problem, I wish him well and hope he seeks the help that he needs....Fact...He's not a Bruin anymore....What was done was done, except for the lingering stories that may or may not have being true...Bye bye. Have a great NHL stay.

PS : all this Joe Who stuff makes more angier than Bookboy. And even more angry remembering what we got in return. I think that sucks even more. Joe "playoff soft" Thorton = Harry Sinden give away..I'm angry again. Time for some coffee....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Why are we talking about a Dallas Star player?  He doesn't  play for the Bruins anymore ...Good luck to him, hope he grows up one day and figures it all out...if not just another waste of talent that we see often in pro sports.....lets move on.....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Why are we talking about a Dallas Star player?  He doesn't  play for the Bruins anymore ...Good luck to him, hope he grows up one day and figures it all out...if not just another waste of talent that we see often in pro sports.....lets move on.....

That's a stupid post.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Seguin like any other professional in any era dating back to Babe Ruth is a part of the national now international media.  If Tyler scored goals, his twitter account and lack of professionalism would not be an issue.  Since his purported partying has been displayed by whomever, I guess we need to have a sympathtic thread on Tyler being a victim.  

I don't buy the portrayal of him socially, I do wonder why he was on the third line bumped by an ageing Jagr, Iginla spurned last minute trade function of PC management.  Seguin later had time to shine when Bergeron was quite not able to play.  For that matter Bergeron should have not been playing in the SCF afterwards.  Seguin did not perform in that game.  My guess Yzerman (the new 91 Gretzky in the Dallas uniform) could have upped his game in those crucial times.  Stamkos comes to mind, if you wish to be a superstar where else would you perform beyond your skill level, ahhh the SCF.  Stamkos would have I bet.  Seguin was not the reason for the defeat by the Blahocks, he did not impress his bosses though.  He is history.  He is not Thornton.  

While on the subject of Thornton, let us not forget the annoited Superstar status given to JT when he arrived.  Burns later Keenan could not transform the perfect player into a Superstar.  JT was not the type to do so.  He was not captain material then and now.  Once he was traded, in Novmeber, he became the whipping boy of the Bruins fans.  If he responded in response the next year, well it was  not entirely a vindication of him personally but the harsh treatment of JJ et al for being annoited the next Superstar by a deprived playoff team named the Boston Bruins in those times.  LeCavalaier comes to mind as well when thinking of Jumbo Joe.  I don't hate JT, I hate how he was treated in Boston.  He was soft and an affable player.  He was talented and subquently traded in a "knee jerk reaction" of Bs management fit of ananger.  Box of pucks was goten for his value as a player.  JT was not a Superstar at 21, he was a wanna B.  By comparison, Bergeron's career was more even handled by Bs managemet. No proclaimaitons, no fanfare, no huge contracts, just let him develop.  He on the other hand was captain material.

Back to Seguin, he will ultimately shine with that ablility to shoot while in full skating stride.  I think He needs to cut to the middle a bit more and shoot low not always high imo.  I hope his career is bountiful.  Undoubtedly then the JT comparison will be more complete.  But make no comparison on JT and Seguin from the intial years in the NHL.  Seguin was given less time because he was playing on a team who has been to the Cup twice in three years.  He was given more loving than JT and was playing with some high end charater players including Recchi.  So I as a fan bid you farewell Tyler.  I did not have privy to your "media proposed" antics or Twitter age hype, I did witness a lack a development "seize the moment" time in game 4 of the SCF. I was not impressed. Neely said it best. 

1. I agree he may not have been ready to be a captain at that young age, but how do you know he isnt captain material now? Marleau was the captain, he's still there and now Thornton is the captain. Can you explain how he is not captain material now?

2. How the heck is Joe Thornton soft? He has fought Lyle Odelein, Eric Lindros (yes,Eric caught him with one), Kelly Buchberger (pummeled him) Sheldon Souray (destroyed him),Jamie Benn,Ryan Getzlaf,Mark Tinordi etc. Played a seven game series in the NHL playoffs with broken ribs. How the heck is that being soft?

3. How is Patrice Bergeron captain material and Joe Thornton isnt, when one has been captain of two NHL teams? I'm not saying Bergeron isnt, I would like you to explain how he is, and Thornton isnt.

A "soft" NHL player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIs-0SZ3XbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9n15Axsbw

A "soft" player thats not captain material at the start of a game to get his team going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9n15Axsbw

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Isla, this is a Seguin thread, and excellent points Kels, but this is a Seguin thread.

I note that people who know the people who live next door and dez, I mean "those" (not dez) other people who know people - not one has come out and said that they know for a fact that this is NOT true because the Bruins all stayed in the same hotel that night and Seguin was at breakfast with everyone else and this couldn't possibly be true for that reason...

Since no one has contributed anything to confirm or deny, in my mind that tips the scales toward a wake up call at the Frog pond.  It's where they keep the swan boats for you non Boston people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I know how lowly anonymous "sources" are regarded here, but for what it's worth, I have a friend who is a Boston cop and I asked him about Seguin out of general curiousity.  He said that he hadn't heard anything about the duck pond or ever came across Seguin personally, but he also said that Seguin is known by some of the police.  He said they have broken up several parties at his place and the cops don't like him because he always gives them the "do you know who I am routine?"

If this is the case, Fletch it doesn't sound like he's going to listen to anybody on the Bruins and do what he wants. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Isla, this is a Seguin thread, and excellent points Kels, but this is a Seguin thread.

I note that people who know the people who live next door and dez, I mean "those" (not dez) other people who know people - not one has come out and said that they know for a fact that this is NOT true because the Bruins all stayed in the same hotel that night and Seguin was at breakfast with everyone else and this couldn't possibly be true for that reason...

Since no one has contributed anything to confirm or deny, in my mind that tips the scales toward a wake up call at the Frog pond.  It's where they keep the swan boats for you non Boston people.

BH, I find it strange that his friends wouldn't be sure to see him home safe given the circumstances.  If you had a buddy who played for the Bruins and they had a game 7 the next day, wouldn't you try to make sure he got there? Regardless of circumstances, I personally wouldn't leave a friend alone in that condition if I could help it.

Sections
Shortcuts