Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Wild Seguin rumor - WARNING tabloid stuff inside

I apologize for inducing the sharp retort.  Thanks for replying nonetheless. My responses to your remarks are written respectfully.  I watched the videos, nice stuff, not convincing.  I did not dislike JT as a player, I though JJ and company did him injustice in 2005. 

1.One JT is not Captain material now.  In crucial games the past several years for San Jose, he has produced his point per game but have the Sharks achieved success in his tenure.  I think not.  SDF games?  The Sharks burned out like the Pens this year. 

2.  Thornton going in front of the net continues to be a problem.  For such a big man he plays like Savard did for the Bruins.  Not a bad thing but not tough.  On the perimeter passes, in the playoffs a player must go to the net.  He is an assist player mostly.  Look at his goal totals.  BTW I am not saying he is not a great player.  Tough is not defined by fights. 

3.  Bergeron plays defense better than most in the NHL, he does not get the kudos of JT as he dedicates himself to both ends of the ice.  Bergeron also scores key goals at key times....Vancouver game 7.  Bergeron like Bourque leads by example.  He has had the tutulege of Mark Recchi.

**** Do people actually read the threads!  I pondered on the rumor of Seguin's  pond excursion privously.  Leave Tyler alone is my point, enough of the character bashing.  My second response was primarily to counter some of Bookboy's comments.  I was on the thread topic of Seguin firstly.  I don't like to respond directly to long well written threads like Bookboys with another long response or retort (BDC problem not mine).  Yet I felt inclined to speak to his JT remarks.  I think I did so politiely. 

1. I agree he may not have been ready to be a captain at that young age, but how do you know he isnt captain material now? Marleau was the captain, he's still there and now Thornton is the captain. Can you explain how he is not captain material now?

2. How the heck is Joe Thornton soft? He has fought Lyle Odelein, Eric Lindros (yes,Eric caught him with one), Kelly Buchberger (pummeled him) Sheldon Souray (destroyed him),Jamie Benn,Ryan Getzlaf,Mark Tinordi etc. Played a seven game series in the NHL playoffs with broken ribs. How the heck is that being soft?

3. How is Patrice Bergeron captain material and Joe Thornton isnt, when one has been captain of two NHL teams? I'm not saying Bergeron isnt, I would like you to explain how he is, and Thornton isnt.

A "soft" NHL player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIs-0SZ3XbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9n15Axsbw

A "soft" player thats not captain material at the start of a game to get his team going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9n15Axsbw

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I posting once again, as you have a habit of not reading posts in your own thread.  I did respond to the Seguin query.  Look and read.  The second post was connected to Bookboy's remark. 

I like your thread on the rookie camp.  I could care less on how you deal with waiters. Stick subject of hockey and we are ok.  BTW if one really wants to stay on topic as you suggest, then all one could say to your thread topic is:  a. rumor mill on Seguin's character b. sounds true to Seguin's character.  His character was the subject.  It was compared to JT.  Yikes. 

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Isla, this is a Seguin thread, and excellent points Kels, but this is a Seguin thread.

I note that people who know the people who live next door and dez, I mean "those" (not dez) other people who know people - not one has come out and said that they know for a fact that this is NOT true because the Bruins all stayed in the same hotel that night and Seguin was at breakfast with everyone else and this couldn't possibly be true for that reason...

Since no one has contributed anything to confirm or deny, in my mind that tips the scales toward a wake up call at the Frog pond.  It's where they keep the swan boats for you non Boston people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fair enough NAS but a tell tale sign of alcoholism is when your work is being affected by your drinking.  Doesn't matter the person's age or profession.  I would also be curious if there is a family history of alcohol abuse in the Seguin family.  You never know who's fighting the demons. 

That's insane, Hang.  He's 21 and rich and loving life.  Wondering about family alcoholism is way out of bounds.  It's not like he was swilling in between periods.  The B's needed him to be more of a professional and less of a partyboy.  They weren't picking him up from the drunk tank at 6pm on game nights.

[/QUOTE]

Not everyone with a drinking problem is picked up from the drunk tank.  They are, by and large, functioning members of society.  I'm not necessarily saying TS is an alcoholic by its' true definition, but to be moved from the team that drafted you 2nd overall because of excessive partying, after being spoken to about it on several occasion, leads me to believe he is puttiing the booze before anything else, and that's what alcoholics do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Let's turn back the clock a bit. I don't think there were any signs of Seguin being in danger of displaying the kind of behaviour that got him traded at the time of his draft, however... With a potential franchise superstar on their hands, should Boston have treated Seguin differently? Should more have been done to "shield" him from all the things that come with being an overnight millionaire superstar? I hate to use this example but look at how the Pens handled Crosby, he moved in with Lemieux so that he wouldn't be left doing what Seguin ended up doing, possibly wasting his potential due to being a financially independent 19-21 year old superstar and all that comes with it. Again, I'm not saying Seguin should have moved in with Neely or anything like that, but maybe handled him with some care and try to keep him from falling into those pitfalls.

The other side of this argument is "why should we babysit you?" You're in an adults world now and you need to be an adult, take responsibility. I just think with such an investment, you need to protect it and MAYBE things could have panned out differently with Seguin. I'm certainly not blaming the Bruins organization for this, not at all, just spitballin'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

Let's turn back the clock a bit. I don't think there were any signs of Seguin being in danger of displaying the kind of behaviour that got him traded at the time of his draft, however... With a potential franchise superstar on their hands, should Boston have treated Seguin differently? Should more have been done to "shield" him from all the things that come with being an overnight millionaire superstar? I hate to use this example but look at how the Pens handled Crosby, he moved in with Lemieux so that he wouldn't be left doing what Seguin ended up doing, possibly wasting his potential due to being a financially independent 19-21 year old superstar and all that comes with it. Again, I'm not saying Seguin should have moved in with Neely or anything like that, but maybe handled him with some care and try to keep him from falling into those pitfalls.

The other side of this argument is "why should we babysit you?" You're in an adults world now and you need to be an adult, take responsibility. I just think with such an investment, you need to protect it and MAYBE things could have panned out differently with Seguin. I'm certainly not blaming the Bruins organization for this, not at all, just spitballin'.

Bergeron living with Martin LaPointe and his family as a rookie comes to mind.  Still, how much of that is how good of a kid Bergeron is/was as compared to the influence of MP? 

Cool article about that below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/columns/story?columnist=murphy_james&id=6607304

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

BH, I find it strange that his friends wouldn't be sure to see him home safe given the circumstances.  If you had a buddy who played for the Bruins and they had a game 7 the next day, wouldn't you try to make sure he got there? Regardless of circumstances, I personally wouldn't leave a friend alone in that condition if I could help it.

The idiots (friends) I hung out with when I was young and wild were all committed to mutual destruction, they would have left me for sure and thought it was funny.  Fits right in with tweeting something for him when he's passed out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Not everyone with a drinking problem is picked up from the drunk tank.  They are, by and large, functioning members of society.  I'm not necessarily saying TS is an alcoholic by its' true definition, but to be moved from the team that drafted you 2nd overall because of excessive partying, after being spoken to about it on several occasion, leads me to believe he is puttiing the booze before anything else, and that's what alcoholics do.

Partying before working is common for 21 year olds.  Look at...college.

It doesn't mean someone is an alcoholic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isla, this is a Seguin thread, and excellent points Kels, but this is a Seguin thread.

I note that people who know the people who live next door and dez, I mean "those" (not dez) other people who know people - not one has come out and said that they know for a fact that this is NOT true because the Bruins all stayed in the same hotel that night and Seguin was at breakfast with everyone else and this couldn't possibly be true for that reason...

Since no one has contributed anything to confirm or deny, in my mind that tips the scales toward a wake up call at the Frog pond.  It's where they keep the swan boats for you non Boston people.

BH, I find it strange that his friends wouldn't be sure to see him home safe given the circumstances.  If you had a buddy who played for the Bruins and they had a game 7 the next day, wouldn't you try to make sure he got there? Regardless of circumstances, I personally wouldn't leave a friend alone in that condition if I could help it.

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, so called "friends" are part of the problem. Seems like lots of young sports figures have a group of people that are happy to hang out when you have lots of dough and women available. Factor in that most of his friends were probably just regular, care free 21 year olds (like I was many years ago) that were going along for the ride and didn't give a damn that he was supposed to act like a professional. Betcha some of these same friends are gonna miss him more then we are. I'm sure that some interesting facts will come out soon.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

Partying before working is common for 21 year olds.  Look at...college.

It doesn't mean someone is an alcoholic.

[/QUOTE]

A lot of 21 yo kids are in fact alcoholics, they just don't know it yet.

To determine if someone is an alcoholic, there is a 20 question survey.  If the person answers yes to only 3 of these questions, he is by definition an alcoholic.  It doesn't mean that he is sleeping under the overpass with the heroin addicts, it just means he more than likely should not drink.  Of the 20 questions, my guess TS could easily answer yes to 3, maybe even 6 or 7:

1. Do you lose time from work due to drinking?  I believe he missed a team meeting when his alarm didn't go off so this is a yes.

2. Is drinking affecting your reputation?  No question.

3. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?  I would say most definitely

4. Do you turn to inferior companions & environments when drinking?  The Frog Pond does not make good sleeping quarters.

5. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?  Gray area...

6. Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?  Yes

7. Have you experienced memory loss due to your drinking?  Again, if he passed out at the Frog Pond, my guess he was in bad shape and can't remember the entire night (if the Frog Pond story is true).

My guess is that if you drink, you could probably answer yes to some of these and still be able to function as a normal human being.  But if I'm the Dalls Stars and Tyler's parents, I am getting him some additional help before it spirals out of control.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hang, ask most people who drink or drank in their 20s those questions.  The answers would be similar.  Alcoholism is a real, serious disease.  It is different from alcohol abuse.

I'm done with this topic.  I'm going to start a fun thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Frontrunner for most exhausting thread. 

Congrats girls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I apologize for inducing the sharp retort.  Thanks for replying nonetheless. My responses to your remarks are written respectfully.  I watched the videos, nice stuff, not convincing.  I did not dislike JT as a player, I though JJ and company did him injustice in 2005. 

1.One JT is not Captain material now.  In crucial games the past several years for San Jose, he has produced his point per game but have the Sharks achieved success in his tenure.  I think not.  SDF games?  The Sharks burned out like the Pens this year. 

2.  Thornton going in front of the net continues to be a problem.  For such a big man he plays like Savard did for the Bruins.  Not a bad thing but not tough.  On the perimeter passes, in the playoffs a player must go to the net.  He is an assist player mostly.  Look at his goal totals.  BTW I am not saying he is not a great player.  Tough is not defined by fights. 

3.  Bergeron plays defense better than most in the NHL, he does not get the kudos of JT as he dedicates himself to both ends of the ice.  Bergeron also scores key goals at key times....Vancouver game 7.  Bergeron like Bourque leads by example.  He has had the tutulege of Mark Recchi.

Isla, I just think your wrong when it comes to Thornton. You say tough is not defined by fights, okay, but then how do you define soft? Because he doesnt go in front of the net? Passing is his strength, I'd say he's right behind Crosby in the passing department. So he sets up at the half boards much like Savard does because thats what he's good at. If he were a few inches smaller, would he not be soft? I think your holding it against him that he's a preimer passer who just happens to be a really big guy.

I have trouble holding the fact that his team hasnt won a Cup against him in the leadership department. Does this not make Shea Weber a good leader? His team hasnt done nearly as much damage in the playoffs as Thorontons Sharks. What has he done in crucial games?

Sorry for turning your Seguin thread into a Thornton one BHab!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

Isla, I just think your wrong when it comes to Thornton. You say tough is not defined by fights, okay, but then how do you define soft? Because he doesnt go in front of the net? Passing is his strength, I'd say he's right behind Crosby in the passing department. So he sets up at the half boards much like Savard does because thats what he's good at. If he were a few inches smaller, would he not be soft? I think your holding it against him that he's a preimer passer who just happens to be a really big guy.

I have trouble holding the fact that his team hasnt won a Cup against him in the leadership department. Does this not make Shea Weber a good leader? His team hasnt done nearly as much damage in the playoffs as Thorontons Sharks. What has he done in crucial games?

Sorry for turning your Seguin thread into a Thornton one BHab!

I will turn it into an anti Crosby thread as well by saying I think he's the most overrated passer in the game. We just witnessed first hand how often he'd throw blind passes straight to the opposition. All of those are forgotten though when that one time out of 20 behind the back pass lands on a teammate's stick for a goal. People talk as if he's got Gretzky like vision and he's the game's best player. Neither statement holds true to these eyes. If i was starting a team I'd take Malkin over Crosby without hesitation. I'd take Stamkos over him as well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dez, he struggled in that series, I still think he is great, to me the best in the game still, but I think it had a whole to do with the Bruins and the way they defended him. Absolutley brilliant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez, he struggled in that series, I still think he is great, to me the best in the game still, but I think it had a whole to do with the Bruins and the way they defended him. Absolutley brilliant.

I should stress that I think he's still a terrific player. I just don't think he's the best. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Hang, ask most people who drink or drank in their 20s those questions.  The answers would be similar.  Alcoholism is a real, serious disease.  It is different from alcohol abuse.

I'm done with this topic.  I'm going to start a fun thread.

Yup !  I feel like going to an AA meeting now ! Guess I'll have to finish my liquor stock first though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hard hitting interview with Tyler Seguin by Dallas media.  Wow, how did he ever survive this?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20130711-new-dallas-stars-center-tyler-seguin-on-his-mom-girls-in-his-phone-book-tattoos.ece

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Did he ever hang out with Gronk? I bet then two could drink a ton and get in some good trouble .

This seems like it bothered the B'S management more than Gronks antics bothers the Pats.

Seguin needs to learn that if you produce they put up with your baggage.   If he was scoring 

his tail off in the playoffs and was a key reason they win the cup is he still a Bruin?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from taylorhall10. Show taylorhall10's posts

Not sure if anyone has pointed this obvious fact our yet, but the Bruins spent the night in Toronto before game 7, and didn't fly back until the morning of game 7. There is no way Seguin was passed out in the boston common the morning of game 7 vs toronto.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to taylorhall10's comment:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this obvious fact our yet, but the Bruins spent the night in Toronto before game 7, and didn't fly back until the morning of game 7. There is no way Seguin was passed out in the boston common the morning of game 7 vs toronto.  

No, I didn't know that.  That's exactly the kind of evidence I was looking for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes, the plane had an issue so the B's flew back the next morning.

It's possible that they sent Seguin back on a different flight, however.  The probability is low, but the possibility exists.  So, there is a way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe he blacked out in Toronto and they couldn't find him and he delayed the flight (just kidding). Some true facts will surface some day.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah i still think crosby is the gms best.  For me with injuries as a factor im taking datsyuk 1st overall.  Brilliant in his own end, amazing on the draws, offensively eye pleasing and can kill you He can be on at any time of the game.  Datsyuk is my pick.   

Dez, for the bashing sid took malkin wasnt any better.  stamPkos is an amazing scorer.  I dont think his overall game is that polished.   

Sections
Shortcuts