Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins?

First off changing a roster could spill disaster at the moment. With Savard on the injury will be a hole to fill unless Seguin can step it up but the season is running near the end.We may need two holes to fill for play-offs.

Wheels I can't let go I always say trade Wheels( he is PK) but my gut says keep him over Ryder( can show up for play-offs ). Paille(PK) is doing a good job on the reserve. Rechhi seems to turn it up in the second half.

Bergy is the best Bruin forward by far and Chara who I condemned a few times last year, but my thoughts on Chara did a positive 360 turn.

D men Chara Sieds Stuart Boychuk Ferrence McQuaid Kamp could be big ??

Myself personally is now convince we do not need a major deal just some adjustment.

One we need an experience third line center or put Wheels on that duty and call up Caron.

For defense i would try for Phillips,Kaberle(PP) pending what burke will want for him or Commodore.  If our center is still showing weakness get a third line center before deadline an experience work horse with all skills PP,PK and grit.

My main concern for the play-offs is the PP.

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Rechhi
    Caron Wheels Ryder
    Paille Camp Thorn
    Seguin( let him sit and watch without getting him rusty alt. him with caron,  paille for back to back gms.)

When Julien sat Kessel in MTL series he came out on fire after his sitting. Recently Torterella sat Gab. and deja vu scored 4 goals sometimes a coach will have to make these tough decisions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins?

trade threads...blah, blah, blah- can't we all just wait and see what happens, then comment. i guarantee no one is even close with their predictions-this to me is no different than predicting who the b's will play in the first rd.- or predicting the score of a particuliar game.waste of time and thought

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

When someone points out when the last big move at midseason pushed a team over the top I'll start believing in them. Until then, give me a good tweak here and there and call it a day.

In Response to Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins?:
    [QUOTE]First off changing a roster could spill disaster at the moment. With Savard on the injury will be a hole to fill unless Seguin can step it up but the season is running near the end.We may need two holes to fill for play-offs.  Wheels I can't let go I always say trade Wheels( he is PK) but my gut says keep him over Ryder( can show up for play-offs ). Paille(PK) is doing a good job on the reserve. Rechhi seems to turn it up in the second half. Bergy is the best Bruin forward by far and Chara who I condemned a few times last year, but my thoughts on Chara did a positive 360 turn. D men Chara Sieds Stuart Boychuk Ferrence McQuaid Kamp could be big ?? Myself personally is now convince we do not need a major deal just some adjustment . One we need an experience third line center or put Wheels on that duty and call up Caron. For defense i would try for Phillips, Kaberle(PP) pending what burke will want for him or Commodore.  If our center is still showing weakness get a third line center before deadline an experience work horse with all skills PP,PK and grit. My main concern for the play-offs is the PP. Looch Krejci Horton Marchand Bergy Rechhi Caron Wheels Ryder Paille Camp Thorn Seguin( let him sit and watch without getting him rusty alt. him with caron,  paille for back to back gms.) When Julien sat Kessel in MTL series he came out on fire after his sitting. Recently Torterella sat Gab. and deja vu scored 4 goals sometimes a coach will have to make these tough decisions.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Re: Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins?:
    [QUOTE]When someone points out when the last big move at midseason pushed a team over the top I'll start believing in them. Until then, give me a good tweak here and there and call it a day. In Response to Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

For the Bruins?

Feb 23 1972.
    Boston trades RW Reggie Leach, D Rick Smith and D Bob Stewart to the California Golden Seals for D Carol Vadnais and D Don O'Donoghue.

Bruins win the cup that season.

We won't discuss what Reggie Leach did to the Bruins later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

absolutely. current team in 1st plus 3rd in conference. Adjustments yes, big trade NO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins? : For the Bruins? Feb 23 1972. Boston trades RW Reggie Leach, D Rick Smith and D Bob Stewart to the California Golden Seals for D Carol Vadnais and D Don O'Donoghue. Bruins win the cup that season. We won't discuss what Reggie Leach did to the Bruins later.
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]

Ah Reggie Leach, pretty darn good player (50 goals for the Flyers a few years later).  Me thinks the Bs would have won without Vadnais, but hey it is truly speculation.  A pp defenseman is needed by the current Bs, not sure the price is right.   Kaberle maybe but I am sure Burke is a bit gun shy with any trade with the Bs. The loss of a draft pick in today's cap world is crucial for cap compliance down the road. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

"When someone points out when the last big move at midseason pushed a team over the top I'll start believing in them. Until then, give me a good tweak here and there and call it a day. "

Guerin and Kunitz to Pittsburgh in 2009.  Two top six wingers during their Cup run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Plus you would do a 180.  Not 360. 

I think major blockbusters don't exist anymore.  I don't feel that adding Kaberle or Phillips is a blockbuster.  If we traded 2-3 players for 2-3 players I would consider that a blockbuster.

I will say this though.  Our current roster will not go far.  Regular seasons are great and all.  But the last couple games should tell us something.  Florida and Carolina are two teams that kept the games close and we should have lost both.  When the playoffs kick in everyteam will play the same style the Bruins play.  My fear is we have no game changer up front. 

I would be very interested in any of the wingers mentioned and especially Penner.  I would also look at adding a dman that can log some quality minutes and be a top 4 dman. 

Yes we are 3rd right now.  But when the playoffs come we can't have Chara on the ice the entire game.  It sure would be nice to add a guy like Phillips or Regehr. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will a block buster trade hurt the Bruins? : For the Bruins? Feb 23 1972. Boston trades RW Reggie Leach, D Rick Smith and D Bob Stewart to the California Golden Seals for D Carol Vadnais and D Don O'Donoghue. Bruins win the cup that season. We won't discuss what Reggie Leach did to the Bruins later.

Excellent example. You can also add Rick MacLeish for Mike Walton in a three-way deal.

So, in the final analysis for the Bruins to win the cup in  '72, they gave the Flyers the weapons to help them win 2 Stanleys in '74 and '75.

History has proved you lose when you do this type of deadline deal. History has also proved the time to help your team is in the off-season (isn't that when we got Esposito, Hodge and Stanfield?).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Whitney was their #2 d-man, and they got a 1st line winger (Kunitz) and the Ducks top prospect (Tangradi). That wasn't a little trade at the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Yes, that Bitz did play on the first line....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The Bruins in 72, were like the Oilers in 84.  Dominant.  Even before they acquired Vadnais.  At the time, it wasn't considered a blockbuster either, as what turned out to be the big piece(Leach), was yet unproven.
    In those days(even up to 04), you could build a great team with money.  Now you can't, so the risk factor is tenfold. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

I would argue adding Gonchar and Nylander a couple years back would count as a blockbuster....didnt we add someone else as well??

Sections
Shortcuts