Will be driving 6 hours to Boston to see parade, what advice do you have?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: Will be driving 6 hours to Boston to see parade, what advice do you have?

You might see me on TV... Just settled in right up front at the intersection of Boylston and Charles, about 200 feet in front of 5 TV crews! And everyone under the age of 8 has the high pitch air horns. 2.5 hours till showtime and I'm already half OD'd on Excedrin!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Will be driving 6 hours to Boston to see parade, what advice do you have?:
    You might see me on TV... Just settled in right up front at the intersection of Boylston and Charles, about 200 feet in front of 5 TV crews! And everyone under the age of 8 has the high pitch air horns. 2.5 hours till showtime and I'm already half OD'd on Excedrin!
    Posted by davecarr

As long as you got there that's what counts. Wish I was there. I have to work today but I'll be watching parade on the NHL Network.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Home sweet home, finally! I cant believe it was only this morning that I left, feels like forever ago! The parade royally ticked me off when it came and went and nobody in our area saw Chara, Thomas, or the Stanley Cup. We figured it was at the end, but nope, parade ended, all gone. Turns out Chara took it down to the street and let fans touch it, but on the OTHER side of the boat and nobody on our side saw it. Once we found out my wife and I sprinted down alleys for 8 blocks to arrive at Copley Square just before the parade did. And there, that was when we saw, for the first time ever, the Stanley Cup. It was amazing, and a thrill to see it in Boston. Everything was as I dreamt it would be, the crowd was awesome, and as long a day as it was, it's something I would have never missed, and was so glad to be there. Hope everyone had as good a time, GO BRUINS!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

By the way, watching the NESN feed on NHL network, Kathryn Tappen cant shut the hell up for 2 seconds, can she?! Damn, babble babble, how about some crowd noise, or just let us enjoy what we are seeing? Had to mute the TV :(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Ok, watching this on TV I'm getting irate, I keep seeing 2 staff members running the cup from about he 5th boat to the first boat, completely ignoring the fans who sat there for hours waiting to see it. The people behind the front row had no chance of seeing it, nor the people on the other side of the road. Stupid, just put it on the roof of the first boat, leave it there, let everyone see it who waited for hours to see it. I wonder how many people went home disappointed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Missed the parade but I will be in Boston on Tuesday through Friday for work. Anyone interested in getting a belated celebratory pint with a Vancouverite? The wife and I will be coming out together and for most of the week (when I'm not working) we'll be hanging out in Jamaica Plain.

Sections
Shortcuts